collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystery bags of ponies...are always fun....(Pic heavy and G3.5 ID help please!)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
So a guy was selling a bag of pony stuff at the carboot this morning for a fiver and I like mysteries and surprises so I bought it and brought it home. I could see a few things in there, like Core 7 Cheerilee and Diamond Mint, as well as the Friendship Express train, but there was a lot of other stuff in there as well...

So here are my finds for today.

I should add that Rainbow Power Pinkie and Flower Wishes I found at another stall, from a really cute little girl clearly excited about being saleswoman xD. I like Pinkie's colours and I only have Flower Wishes MOC somewhere so I will keep both of those. They were 20p each.

The rest all came in the mystery bag.

G4:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cheerilee clearly comes from the picnic set. Pretty sure that Pinkie is from the train and Sweetie Belle is from the ice cream carriage. Someone's headband (I think it's actually Rainbow Dash's!) is in with the small accessories. I'm not sure which AJ this is, maybe the baggie one...ditto Twilight except she's early because she's not an alicorn. I am not planning on keeping AJ, Pinkie or Twilight...Sweetie Belle and Cheerilee I probably will. Not decided on Diamond Mint yet as I have her but only MIB...

The train. With tracks. I haven't tracked down the third carriage yet...and who it belongs to...
I don't have space to keep the train, but I really like it >< I had an electric train as a kid that I used to ferry my petite ponies around in. I am currently wondering if I can dismantle it more than it currently is and keep it...because one day it will make a great display piece with my g4s, but I might not be able to store it :/

G3:

I am debating keeping this Lily Lightly if I can fix her hair. The one I have at home is neater looking but she has stains on her dress which I don't really know how to get out without fritzing her electrics. I had no idea she was in there. She seems to have her shoes except for one as well.

Core 7 Cheerilee. Pretty sure I already have this one.

G3.5 Ponyville plus...

A lot of stuff. I have some idea of who some of these are based on their G3 counterparts and a quick scouring of the Wiki, but i admit, I got kind of swamped with all the tiny accessories and working out what belongs to whom. (Any help? Picture below)
 I also don't know if anyone collects these. I have never had any of them, and while I may keep a couple of them, I am not sure I want to keep them all...

From what I can see there's a creepy Pinkie Pie and Scootaloo with removeable hair. I am not keeping those, they weird me out. I see Desert Rose, and Toola Roola, Sew & So?...Cheerilee who maybe comes with the popcorn thingy? A couple of Sweetie Belles who look the same to me. I know I recognise some of the others but can't remember them off the top of my head.

There's also a very abused breezie in there missing her wings (I think it may be Fluffaluff. I know I have her, but I always get the names of these muddled) and a G4 Blind Bag pony, for whom I'd love a name. She is definitely staying, her colours are pretty :D Not sure what the future of the Breezie is in general, since without her wings she's kind of sad looking. I dunno yet. I won't trash her, but she definitely needs a new lease of life.

And the accessory mess. Those tiny shoes!

Plus some fakies, but I don't collect fakies, so I will probably donate these.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Aj's got the zapcode that was on the ponies for that one year, so she's from the Explore Equestria release (the one with the headbands). I'm jealous of your neon Pinkie!
I love the Ponyvilles to death, I like that it's sort of a self-contained collection so it'll be easy for me to complete when I feel like it.
Scootaloo and Pinkie on the top didn't come with accessories, it was a 3-pack. Starsong (purple pegasus) also came in that pack, her mane is removable as well.
Your G4 is Ruby Splash!
Scootaloo, Cheerilee, Pinkie, Sweetie Belle, Sew-and-Sow, Flippity Flop, Royal Bouquet, Starsong (as previously mentioned), Desert Rose, Bay Breeze, Breezie Dreams (the dark blue one), Ribbon Wishes, Lavender Lake, Sweetie Belle again, the breezie, aaaand Triple Treat.
Looks like a good chunk of your accessories came from this:

It'll just be easier to link you to the page for Royal Bouquet/Sweetie Belle's set, which has the bumper cars.
Triple Treat has a vendor's cart in her pack, I see the visor for it:

That's all I can get right now as I work soon, but if no one else jumps on it before I'm home I'd be happy to finish off the rest for you!  :biggrin: Ponyvilles are so darling.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That's helpful, thank you! I will sit and go through those. I did manage to find that there was a set of 6 from TRU which I thought Flippety Flop and co maybe came from. There used to be a TRU in this area I now live in, if I remember right, so that would make sense. And whoever had these clearly had a LOT of them.

I think the two sets you identify are probably where the most of this comes from - the set with the mirror and Desert Rose and the set with the cars and Sweetiebelle, I can recognise a lot of the tiny shoes and ice creams from the latter. I think when I get to organising these I'll bag the accessories by set and then decide what to do with them.

The challenging thing is all the tiny bits and I admit, I haven't been brave enough to clean anything yet. I think I will keep a few to use here as shelf decorations, like I used to use blind bag ponies before I took most of them home before my move. Thanks for the ID on Ruby Splash!

I can't stand the babies and regular ponies from the 3.5 line mostly (I do have one Sweetiebelle whose colours I like), but these are a little less offensive. And the tiny accessories are cute.

...So that would make the red bow hairband Applejack's then?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:33:35 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
OOOH congrats!  Very cute!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
What a lot! That neon Pinkie looks cute, I wish more rainbow powers would show up in my area. All those tiny accessories look adorable! Congrats :D

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I like the rainbow power set a lot. I am waiting for a glut of Holly Dashes to appear though (not yet...xD) Even though it's Pinkie, the colours of this release are really pretty.

I also really like the water cuties set. I am still debating on keeping Diamond Mint loose or not. The only one from the set I didn't find yet is Cadence I think...but Diamond Mint's blue is really beautiful.

The little girl I got pinkie and flower wishes from was so cute. I actually got Flower wishes on my second trip to the stall, and when she saw me come back and pick it up she beamed at me and said "I was going to ask if I could come find you to tell you I found another pony!" (I am glad she didn't, she'd have got lost, but it was really sweet of her. She was really into selling her stuff and her folks were letting her man the toy section while keeping an eye on her from the rest of the table.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
How exciting, a pony mystery bag!  It certainly looks like you did ok with it too.  It must have been really fun going through everything.  I agree those little shoes are so cute! 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What a cute bag! Why is Flower Wishes a pegasus in that version, but an Earth Pony in the water cutie set?

Lily Lightly and the fruit babies are preeeeetttty! G3 Cheerilee is always a lovely girl.

Neat accessories.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
How exciting, a pony mystery bag!  It certainly looks like you did ok with it too.  It must have been really fun going through everything.  I agree those little shoes are so cute! 

I still have the joy of cleaning it. I am wondering what my hall of residence landlords would say if I managed to put the train together and stuck it way up on top of my bookshelves...but I need a step stool first so that isn't going to happen any time soon. I also picked up at Starsong in a charity shop at random yesterday...I found a charity shop that has a bin labelled My Little Pony! So she also needs cleaning now - I am not interested in core 7 ponies but I do like the pegasus ponies and she is one I didn't have.

Thanks everyone! Still not sure who is staying and who is going.

@LAW - I never noticed that before but you're right o.o. But then Ploomette with glimmer wings has pretty much nothing in common with the tinsel haired one colouring-wise and the number of times Cheerilee changes her symbol style (given that FIM is all about the 'cutie mark' and all)...I guess continuity isn't Hasbro's strongest point?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hooray for mystery bags! Looks like you got lots of exciting things, though I fully agree with you about Ponyville (eek). I think you should keep Diamond Mint; she's such a lovely colour (not looking, not looking, not looking!).

Enjoy the spa day!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
So I cleaned everyone, and I sorted out the Ponyville stuff I could match with the ponies. I feel like I have almost a set of TRU exclusive 6 pack but no Sunset Sweety. I also still have some loose bits I haven't managed to ID. I may post a picture of that later to see whether I can figure out what is what. The figures themselves are not too bad. I may keep some of the stuff, haven't decided yet.

The train works :D And I have a linoleum floor here. And I've been working hard on things lately. Obvious conclusion to that is playing with the train on the floor...on and off rails!

Probably will keep Diamond Mint. I have most of the water cutie set except Cadence and the 2 my sister has (Flower Wishes & AJ, which are STILL in some stores here ><). It makes sense to keep this one too, since I have her and she's in good condition. Everyone cleaned up nicely but I still have to brave brushing out Lily Lightly's horrible mane.

Edit for image adding:

The likely keeper ponies (including charity shop find Starsong) after their spa and groom..

Flower Wishes looks so darn happy, it's a bit unnerving!

And these are the bits I still haven't identified. I know some of it is not MLP, but I guess what I need to know is...
What is G3/Ponyville
What is G4
What is other and what the other is.

Also which sets the remaining Ponyville figures go with.
Some of the items look like stuff on the Wiki but are not the same colour so I am not sure if they are variations on that or from another set. Some of it may also go with Cheerilee's picnic which I haven;t had a chance to look up properly yet.

Any help gratefully received!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:21:57 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal