collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor with G1 Comparison  (Read 8252 times)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Pretty Parlor with G1 Comparison
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »
What about the schoolhouse? I really like that Playset! And it doesn’t have the same amount of accessories as the kitchen either. I would think the safer bet is on the smaller play sets- they are both cheaper to make and easier the sell. If either the kitchen or the schoolhouse will be made I’ll buy them in an instant!

I had Dream Castle as a kid, my sister had Lullaby nursery. One friend had the Show stable, another friend had Paradise Estate. I remember getting Dream Castle- it was a huuuge thing for me. We never got expensive toys! I don’t remember kids having too many play sets though- none of the kids I grew up with gmhad more than one or two play sets (meaning if you had the Barbie house you probably didn’t have Dream Castle too).. If any at all. We used to share a lot when playing - it was nice!

The schoolhouse would be great! Especially since it was re-issued for G2; that mold has already been recreated or the old one survived just fine. Being able to use it because it belongs to another company may be an issue, perhaps? But who knows!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2018, 12:24:46 AM »
What about the schoolhouse? I really like that Playset! And it doesn’t have the same amount of accessories as the kitchen either. I would think the safer bet is on the smaller play sets- they are both cheaper to make and easier the sell. If either the kitchen or the schoolhouse will be made I’ll buy them in an instant!

I had Dream Castle as a kid, my sister had Lullaby nursery. One friend had the Show stable, another friend had Paradise Estate. I remember getting Dream Castle- it was a huuuge thing for me. We never got expensive toys! I don’t remember kids having too many play sets though- none of the kids I grew up with gmhad more than one or two play sets (meaning if you had the Barbie house you probably didn’t have Dream Castle too).. If any at all. We used to share a lot when playing - it was nice!

The schoolhouse would be great! Especially since it was re-issued for G2; that mold has already been recreated or the old one survived just fine. Being able to use it because it belongs to another company may be an issue, perhaps? But who knows!

The Schoolhouse doesn’t belong to Hasbro? I didn’t know that. But if that is so, it probably complicated thing with re-issuing it. I’m still hoping though!! :P
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2018, 01:41:29 AM »

The Schoolhouse doesn’t belong to Hasbro? I didn’t know that. But if that is so, it probably complicated thing with re-issuing it. I’m still hoping though!! :P

I suppose it does belong to Hasbro, but what I meant was that it's Bridge Direct who is recreating the molds and such - not Hasbro themselves. But maybe the collaboration is more than just licensing out G1, so I could be wrong about it being complicated.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
I'd imagine if Hasbro still has access to any originals or casts, Bridge Direct would be interested in leveraging them to speed the manufacturing process.  However, given the disaster that was the 25th anniversary set it may not be too likely that any such exist.  I'd wager they're reverse engineering directly from vintage toys (legally).
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2018, 05:42:12 PM »
Yeah, for the pony toys they definitely reverse-engineer them and I imagine they do the same for the playsets.

I believe most of the Hasbro's 80s molds are lost or were melted down to create new molds back in the day (after the G1 toyline ended).  After all . . . they never expected to use them again!  I remember this being a reason that Hasbro didn't do certain G1 Transformers reissues for a long time (like the combiner Predaking.)

Although, we do know that Hasbro had the Pretty Parlor mold available in the late 90s because they used it for G2 My Little Pony and also Littlest Pet Shop.  So who knows.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
I do remember Kirk Hindman saying that Hasbro has little archives from that time, which is why prototypes end in in the hands of collectors or employees. And that molds wear out, so they would probably deteriorate over time if they were the originals.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal