collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bumblebee movie trailer  (Read 7528 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Bumblebee movie trailer
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 01:50:39 PM »
Thanks for the review LadyMoondancer, didn't click the spoiler cause I want to go into it spoiler free. For most of the 80s I was a little kid (turned 10 in 86), so I didn't see it through the eyes of a teenager. The throwbacks would be "hey I saw that..." in passing rather than experiencing it first hand. Still fun though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
That's awesome! I'm relieved to hear it was good. Hopefully it'll still be there in January.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 02:44:11 PM »
Just came back from seeing it and I have to say it was amazing. I loved Bumblebee and his relationship with Charlie so much and Charlie herself was going through her own arc.

I also liked the Decepticons in this. Shatter especially. So nice from her design to her personality. She was a boss. Good seeing this universe has no issues with female TFs.

One scene I found too violent, tho. Warning, it's a spoiler and upsetting for TF fans:
Spoiler
Cliffjumper's death. It was too extreme and graphic. They could have cut to black but no. That felt very Bay and gross. At the very least they could have used a hated character like Gears... lol

You've got the touch! :lol:

I hope they continue with this timeline. I noticed
Spoiler
the Autobots arrive shortly after Bee reunites with Optimus. That is not in line with 2007 when Optimus arrives together with the others and lands in a pool while Bee is stuck with Sam.

I prayyyy this is a clean reboot. I want more.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »
I prayyyy this is a clean reboot. I want more.

Same!  I told my friends I refuse to view it as a prequel, LOL.  Team Reboot all the way.

Spoiler
I didn't mind Cliffjumper's death, but then he has never been one of my favorite Autobots, LOL.  It is unfortunate for him that he first died in TF Prime and now here.  Press F to pay respects.  I didn't feel disturbed by it in a visceral way, I think seeing hundreds of Vehicons die in TF Prime has numbed me. :P

I read an interview with Travis Knight and he said he wanted to establish the ruthlessness of the Decepticons and chose Cliffjumper to die because he's the same size as Bumblebee.  It was a really interesting interview, he obviously knows and loves the franchise.  <3

I also love Shatter.  I believe she's voiced by Angela Bassett?  Speaking of voice actors:

Spoiler
From the very first part of the film: Shockwave sounded so much like G1 Shockwave that afterwards I checked to see if Corey Burton had voiced him.  He hadn't . . . but man, the new VA (Jon Bailey) was spot on. 

And a random, throwaway bit:

Spoiler
Apparently the comic book that Memo (the boy next door) throws away to maintain his "totally not a nerd" cred was . . . A GO-BOTS COMIC.  :lol:  In the interview I mentioned before, Travis Knight said there was originally a Go-Bots joke from Memo that sadly they had to cut due to time.  I hope it makes it onto DVD as an extra!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:33:37 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2018, 01:46:54 AM »
Thinking more about the violence
Spoiler
I just wish it hadn't been for the gross kills. Bee decapitating a seeker and kicking the head was dumb. Bee was overpowered anyways. He got thrown off cliffs, shot and electrocuted so many times it got tedious. If he was a female bot he'd be called a Mary Sue immediatly by all these youtube "reviewers". But he is a small scout guy so of course he is the Terminator.
I just miss when Bee didn't have to be brutal and bada$$.

Not sure if it was needed to have graphic kills to show Decepticons are ruthless. Bee was almost as bad except that he didn't make humans explode and instead of slicing someone in half he just tore a guy limb from limb and made another guy explode. Also that head kicking.

The one kill I thought was more Bee-ish was by the end when he took out Shatter. He knew she was too tough for him so he was gonna die with her. But Jesus Bee survived that one too.

Bee is the new Optimus. Always dieing and standing up again.

I hope they make a sequel that takes place only a few years later. And this time more Autobots so we don't have to see Beesus Cyberchrist getting tortured all the time.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2019, 10:07:51 AM »
We're going to go see it today.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2019, 11:27:44 AM »
This is such a cute and touching movie. But LOL that once she realized Bumblebee wasn't a car she was totally cool with having a 30 foot robot hiding out in her garage like NBD.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2019, 01:12:57 PM »
We liked it. It was good. Not great, not something I desperately need in my video library, but enjoyable all the same. The pacing was a little off and it was pretty predictable, but then I can't remember when the last time a movie wasn't. Shatter was a good villain and I liked how the transformers moved, mechanical but with fluidity.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal