collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bumblebee movie trailer  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Bumblebee movie trailer
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
https://youtu.be/fAIX12F6958

Negative:

I wish they'd ditch the Bay aesthetic entirely.

The mute Bee shtick has worn out its welcome. He speaks in most continuities.

Neutral:

Christmas time is a strange release date. Most people will be too busy and broke preparing for the holidays.

I expect this to have some heartbreaking moments. Because Hollywood has decreed that we can't have a My-Alien-Buddy-And-Me romp without one.

Positive:

He's so damn adorable that my heart melted a little!

This has a E.T/Iron Giant/Short Circuit vibe. Which I'm perfectly fine with.

She treats him as a friend and ally and not like a combo of free ride/dog that crapped on the carpet/evil threat that must be eliminated. I can't. STAND the way Bay had people treating the Autobots.

No low brow humor.

Holy cow. These people actually make me wanna see this. I haven't said that about a Hasbro film since the first live action G.I. Joe movie.

The seeker looks awesome!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:41:53 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Bumblebee movie trailer
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:52:00 AM »
Huh...im not sure.

Couldn't he communicate through music?  Not sure im liking his aesthetic..hes missing the stripes.

Guess will wait and see what the critics say ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »
The movies are what brought me back into the franchise and Bee is my favorite. So this is something I've been waiting for. It's got the feel of the first movie, something that sadly got lost in other films.

TF World 2005 board has some of the tie in merch listed. He is so adorable and I'm digging they kept his black and gold coloring.

Do we know who is doing the soundtrack? This is gonna sound cheesy as heck but I live near some of the areas this was filmed. So it had me going "hey I know that spot....."

Sector 7! Been waiting for them to show up. I love,love the conspiracy secret government ops thing.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 03:12:09 PM »
Awww Bee is cute!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »
Huh...im not sure.

Couldn't he communicate through music?  Not sure im liking his aesthetic..hes missing the stripes.

Guess will wait and see what the critics say ^^

this is the Original BumbleBee before he was the striped charger/mustang what they decide on now he was a Bug
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »
I'm excited, but still worried.  I too want to leave the Michael Bay style behind.  But I'm excited!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:43:03 PM »
Do you guys think that's Starscream? He looks like Armada Starscream. Some are speculating that he's Ramjet.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 12:20:58 AM »
I want to see it so bad, but I don't want to see it.. but i want to, but I don't.. I hated how the TFs was shown in the earlier films, I was soo dissapointed. Then came the dinobots and my excitement grew just to hit rock bottom after watching..  The trailer looks good, but so did the earlier ones also.. Gaaaaaaahhhh! >_<

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 07:43:41 AM »
I feel so dirty saying this but I am looking forward to this. It looks like it could be the first good TF movie.
It looks like Bee will be treated with dignity. And I didn't know it was going to be an 80s prequel. Say what you want about that 80s nostalgia wave but I like it. It fits Transformers.
I didn't know Starscream was in it! And he looks G1ish, too. Good, good. Hell must have frozen over for me to be saying this about Bayformers. Just wish Bee had a mouth. His snorkle thing always creeped me out.

I will avoid all discourse around this movie because it has a female protagonist who isn't sexually objectified or a prop so ~those kind of dudes will soon show up and say she's a bad character.

Post Merge: June 06, 2018, 07:55:00 AM

Do you guys think that's Starscream? He looks like Armada Starscream. Some are speculating that he's Ramjet.

First thought: why Ramjet
Second thought: Thats totally Starscream. The headshape, red "vest" plus Starscream is a fan favorite who's been treated badly in the movies (just like Jazz and Arcee). So it would make sense to choose him as antagonist.

This movie already makes the others even worse. Like, why would Bee grow so attached to Sam if the short trailer already showed he had a way stronger connection to this girl. Did he develop a masochistic streak over time or what  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:55:00 AM by Zapper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »
That's Starscream IMO, he has Starscream's color scheme.

I thought the Bumblebee trailer looked really good, and I'm so happy to leave the childish T&A of the Bayverse behind.

But I am tempering my optimism because The Last Knight had its trailers cut to look like that young girl actress would be the main human lead, and then she wasn't, and then the whole thing was nonsensical and terrible.

Aesthetically Bumblebee looks sooo much better than the typical Bayverse robot, but he still has an ugly face. When will the pretty robot faces come back from the war??

It is just a shame that the Bumblebee movie is a prequel to the Bay movies (I think??).  Like, can we just pretend those didn't happen.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 01:21:11 PM »
I feel so dirty saying this but I am looking forward to this. It looks like it could be the first good TF movie.
It looks like Bee will be treated with dignity. And I didn't know it was going to be an 80s prequel. Say what you want about that 80s nostalgia wave but I like it. It fits Transformers.
I didn't know Starscream was in it! And he looks G1ish, too. Good, good. Hell must have frozen over for me to be saying this about Bayformers. Just wish Bee had a mouth. His snorkle thing always creeped me out.

I will avoid all discourse around this movie because it has a female protagonist who isn't sexually objectified or a prop so ~those kind of dudes will soon show up and say she's a bad character.

Post Merge: June 06, 2018, 07:55:00 AM

First thought: why Ramjet
Second thought: Thats totally Starscream. The headshape, red "vest" plus Starscream is a fan favorite who's been treated badly in the movies (just like Jazz and Arcee). So it would make sense to choose him as antagonist.

This movie already makes the others even worse. Like, why would Bee grow so attached to Sam if the short trailer already showed he had a way stronger connection to this girl. Did he develop a masochistic streak over time or what  :lol:

Yeah I think its Screamer too.

Bee must like pain if he stuck with Sam the way he treated him

Post Merge: June 06, 2018, 01:21:50 PM

That's Starscream IMO, he has Starscream's color scheme.

I thought the Bumblebee trailer looked really good, and I'm so happy to leave the childish T&A of the Bayverse behind.

But I am tempering my optimism because The Last Knight had its trailers cut to look like that young girl actress would be the main human lead, and then she wasn't, and then the whole thing was nonsensical and terrible.

Aesthetically Bumblebee looks sooo much better than the typical Bayverse robot, but he still has an ugly face. When will the pretty robot faces come back from the war??

It is just a shame that the Bumblebee movie is a prequel to the Bay movies (I think??).  Like, can we just pretend those didn't happen.

Right?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »
I just watched the trailer again and one thing that makes me really happy is that you can follow the transformation sequences.  I could be wrong, but I think Starscream's transformation actually mimics his G1 toy!  The Bayverse transformations just seemed like a bunch of junk moving around until they kind of glommed into a car or whatever.

The Bumblebee trailer also seems to have a lot more genuine emotion in it.  The way Bumblebee was scared of the girl and shielded himself from her really tugged at my heartstrings.

I wonder who they will get to voice Starscream (assuming that is him and assuming he speaks).  Sadly his G1 voice actor, Chris Latta, passed away years ago.  I wouldn't complain if they used Steve Blum (TFP Starscream) though!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »
I just watched the trailer again and one thing that makes me really happy is that you can follow the transformation sequences.  I could be wrong, but I think Starscream's transformation actually mimics his G1 toy!  The Bayverse transformations just seemed like a bunch of junk moving around until they kind of glommed into a car or whatever.

The Bumblebee trailer also seems to have a lot more genuine emotion in it.  The way Bumblebee was scared of the girl and shielded himself from her really tugged at my heartstrings.

I wonder who they will get to voice Starscream (assuming that is him and assuming he speaks).  Sadly his G1 voice actor, Chris Latta, passed away years ago.  I wouldn't complain if they used Steve Blum (TFP Starscream) though!

Yeah the transformations look really good. What about the guy who voiced him in Prime? He gave him a very sleazy voice.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 11:10:00 PM »

Yeah the transformations look really good. What about the guy who voiced him in Prime? He gave him a very sleazy voice.
That guy was fantastic, wouldn't mind if it was. There is talk about other Transformers being it and I'm hoping they show up in the next trailer. Yeah, I liked TLK but it totally wasn't what the trailers showed *shakes fist*.

I know he would have his Bug alt mode but damn I wish he had that 69-ish version. I'm a sucker for classic muscle cars. Charlie would appreciate far more than Sam did and don't get me started on Mikalea. Waiting for half the fandom to hate on her because she appears to know her way around a garage and thus would be a threat to their fragile male egos.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 06:41:27 AM »

They all carefully gave their faceplates to Optimus because they were afraid he'd just rip them off.

Charlie Adler voiced him before, he can voice him again.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbs38g78z64

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal