collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Increase in Whizzer?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Re: Price Increase in Whizzer?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 09:17:46 PM »
Everyone has given great advice so far. :) I agree with bandit pony that you'll get more results typing "My Little Pony and the name of the pony you're looking for instead of using " MLP" and with tailrustedtealeaf that prices are usually lower/more reasonable for the pony's condition here than on Ebay.

To me a ribbon and comb added to the pony wouldn't be worth much of a price increase. I'm not sure about the sticker though.   

I'm sure you'll find a good condition Whizzer for a good price. :)

Just saw your last post. Maybe you could show your mother the feedback of the person that you are thinking of buying from on here if someone has a Whizzer? To check on a member's feedback just click on the number next to Trade Count. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you! I will definitely do that if I ever decide to trade on here :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:09 AM »
Okay everyone, thank you for the information.
1st off, I am on US eBay so :/

Also, to come back to this - being registered on ebay in the US does not prevent you from browsing or buying from other regional ebay sites. Only it seems like mostly it's US people who don't realise this.

My account is in the UK but there was no UK ebay when I registered back in 1998 and so I'm still officially a member of Ebay.com. Despite that, my default is UK Ebay, and I often use French, Spanish, Italian and German ebays as well. And of course, the US ebay. I know there's also other ebays but I've yet to actually buy from one of those...

In any case, being a member of US ebay doesn't mean you're stuck with US ebay when buying.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
Okay everyone, thank you for the information.
1st off, I am on US eBay so :/

Also, to come back to this - being registered on ebay in the US does not prevent you from browsing or buying from other regional ebay sites. Only it seems like mostly it's US people who don't realise this.

My account is in the UK but there was no UK ebay when I registered back in 1998 and so I'm still officially a member of Ebay.com. Despite that, my default is UK Ebay, and I often use French, Spanish, Italian and German ebays as well. And of course, the US ebay. I know there's also other ebays but I've yet to actually buy from one of those...

In any case, being a member of US ebay doesn't mean you're stuck with US ebay when buying.

Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly does it work when you buy something from another country with another type of currency? Does paypal just charge you what it would be in your currency and give the seller their own currency or do you need the actual currency? I've never bought internationally so I'm totally clueless.

Also when I said that, I was more-so talking about the fact that more sellers over here overprice stuff like everyone was saying. Sorry for the confusion! ^^;

Mimic drawn by me~

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 11:00:41 AM »
PayPal converts the currency for you.
should be perma-moderated

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »
PayPal converts the currency for you.

Thank you for the information!  :)

Mimic drawn by me~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »
Also, a neat trick for you to try :)

If you find an auction on ebay UK that interests you, go to the URL bar and change where it says .co.uk to .com and hit the enter key. It will load the auction on US ebay and give you the conversion for the bid amount and shipping cost in $ as well as in £. Same applies for european ebays.

That way you know what you are paying.

You can also put the amount into google, ie writing "£20 in $US" and google will give you a rough conversion (although paypal rate is slightly different).

When I sell to US buyers I mostly convert to $ for their convenience as $ has always been the currency of pony trading and most values are calculated in $US. But it is just as possible as others say to pay in your currency and the seller receive theirs. Paypal has got more sophisticated with this over the last several years.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:28:20 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 07:38:00 AM »
I would suggest not searching for either "MLP" or "My Little Pony", but going to the MLP category and limiting your search to that category, then search for "Whizzer".

eBay prices do tend to be high, partly because sellers have to pay for eBay and Paypal fees and partly because eBay's BIN formatting really rewards it.  If a seller takes good pictures and is patient, they often can sell a pony for a surprisingly high price.  A lot of buyers will pick a more expensive pony they can definitely get right now over a cheaper pony going up for auction, which they might or might not win.  Auctions definitely tend to skew on the cheaper side on eBay.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 07:57:59 AM »
I would suggest not searching for either "MLP" or "My Little Pony", but going to the MLP category and limiting your search to that category, then search for "Whizzer".

How many people list a pony name but don't put My Little Pony in the title? O.o

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 08:03:06 AM »
A lot of people put MLP or My Little Pony, but not both.  But if you're searching by the pony's name, you'll find both types (provided they know the pony's name, ha ha.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 08:13:30 AM »
I tend to just search (character name) pony in the Toys & Hobbies category. Entirely too many people fail to list in the specific brand category even when they clearly know the brand.
should be perma-moderated

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 08:34:27 AM »
A lot of people put MLP or My Little Pony, but not both.  But if you're searching by the pony's name, you'll find both types (provided they know the pony's name, ha ha.)

Well no.. not both..

I meant someone who wouldn't list "My Little Pony" in the title.

I don't use the browse function. I've found it to be worthless in the almost 20 years I've used eBay. People don't put things in the right category.

I just use a minimal search term as possible to come up with my searches. Hense My Little Pony + name of pony (or more creative things if I wanna do a non name search.. for sellers who didn't look up the name of the pony)

My whole point was.. there seem to be Whizzer ponies in OPs price point based on using the most basic search term.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:36:02 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal