collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mlp 50th anniversary fan project ideas!  (Read 559 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Mlp 50th anniversary fan project ideas!
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:22:48 PM »
With the MLP fanchise having reached the ripe age of 35 (36, technically), recently, I figure now is as good a time as ever to start getting ideas from the g1- 3 community as to what you guys would want to see done as far as future fan projects to comemmorate the big 50th anniversary for the brand, in the years to come. 

I know fanprojects (in the sense of large scale animations, fandubs, etc.) aren't done by older fans, but ideas are appreciated. No one will be recruited to help, as it will more than likely be a solo project. I will take any ideas, in hopes of doing them justice.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:28:52 AM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Mlp 50th anniversary fan project ideas!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:41:43 AM »
With the MLP fanchise having reached the ripe age of 35 (36, technically), recently, I figure now is as good a time as ever to start getting ideas from the g1- 3 community as to what you guys would want to see done as far as future fan projects to comemmorate the big 50th anniversary for the brand, in the years to come. 

I know fanprojects aren't done by older fans, but ideas are appreciated. No one will be recruited to help, as it will more than likely be a solo project. I will take any ideas, in hopes of doing them justice.

what  are you talking about? :(

Every G1 website, G1 instagram, G1 artwork, and especially things like this very community, have been built and constructed by older fans.  Basically since the advent of the World Wide Web...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:05:55 AM »
Nothing wrong with artwork and websites, but they aren't what I think of as "fan projects" unless there's some unusual aspect to them.  Like, "I drew Captain Kirk" is not a Star Trek fan project.  "I drew a portrait of every single person who's ever been on Star Trek, including the redshirts and aliens who only appeared in one episode" is a Star Trek fan project.  "I molded a pasta sculpture of every single starship captain" would be a fan project.

If other people have different definitions of fan project, then cool.  But I see where nightmaremuffin is coming from.

Instead of starting a gripe session about some perceived slight on G1 fans, can we move past that and give her some feedback on her actual question?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:22:39 AM »
The OP made this same post back in January. I contacted the mods to see if they'll merge the two together as probably there are some ideas in the old post people might want to discuss.

I'm personally not interested in fan projects on a collaborative scale to commemorate an anniversary, but I have no problem with ideas being shared. The only big issue is that we don't know yet what technology or fashions might prevail in 15 years from now. The world is changing so fast...

And it is true that G1 has always been founded in fan projects, but the definition of what that is is also something that changes as generations go by (hence what I said about about not knowing where we'll be in 15 years from now). 15 years ago, who thought G4 would happen? And yet here we are...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:24:34 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
50-36=14 years from now.
45+14=59 years old.

:huh:

By then we'll actually have toy robot ponies that run around our house.

Hopefully, they can clean and do housework for me because I'll almost be 60 years old.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:30:46 AM »
The OP made this same post back in January. I contacted the mods to see if they'll merge the two together as probably there are some ideas in the old post people might want to discuss.

I'm personally not interested in fan projects on a collaborative scale to commemorate an anniversary, but I have no problem with ideas being shared. The only big issue is that we don't know yet what technology or fashions might prevail in 15 years from now. The world is changing so fast...

And it is true that G1 has always been founded in fan projects, but the definition of what that is is also something that changes as generations go by (hence what I said about about not knowing where we'll be in 15 years from now). 15 years ago, who thought G4 would happen? And yet here we are...
I'm sorry, but I couldn't find that post in order to revive it. Also, I would've liked to let it be, and start with a clean slate, since it had derailed into a dramafest.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »
Here are all of the related "fandom" posts and brainstormed ideas.  Maybe we all can come up with some new ideas to refresh fan content!  :D  And maybe people will find something of value in the older threads.  That is why we don't delete stuff! 

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,390113.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386564.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,390144.0.html

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »
50-36=14 years from now.
45+14=59 years old.

:huh:

By then we'll actually have toy robot ponies that run around our house.

Hopefully, they can clean and do housework for me because I'll almost be 60 years old.

:thumb: :iconclap:

or there will finally be a blended mlp and transformer toys, ponies that transform into robots and TF's that transform into ponies and every toy on the face of the planet will be gender neutral.

i like the house work idea, that would be so cute  ^.^ now i'm imagining my 200+ little guys running around the house  :lol:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »
Locking this thread as the previous one was locked - and you cannot reopen thread discussions which have been locked.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal