collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Having issues with a defective non-pony purchase  (Read 5495 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Having issues with a defective non-pony purchase
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
Did you use a credit card Taxel?

I would assume maybe you could do a charge back if going through Etsy doesn't work.... :/ I mean that's just ridiculous it broke it that short of time and that you weren't even rough on it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 11:35:05 PM »
I hope this gets sorted out in your favour.  I agree with what others are saying that an everyday ring should be made for everyday wear and not with a fragile design or stone.  What I'm curious about is what's the actual size of the ring?  Did you take it to a jewellery store to have the ring sized?  If you were pretty sure the size should work for you, did she size the ring right when she listed it?  I was sized wrong for a ring once and I know it could just be a mistake but it'd be nice to know for sure.  If you wanted any future ring sizing advice, when I would size a person's finger and they said a size felt good, I'd always have them try on the smaller size to be sure.  I'd keep going until it feels tight.  Also, make sure you're using sizing rings a similar thickness to the band of the ring you're planning to get, it actually makes a difference.  Good luck.

The ring is listed as a size 7. I never got a chance to take it to a jeweler before it broke but sizing it against a ring sizer I have, 7 seems accurate. I feel fairly confident its the listed size (or at least close), we just have no clue how to size our fingers. Originally I sized myself with the ring sizer as a 5.5 but just didn't feel confident I knew what I was doing/the ring sizer was even accurate (I don't know where I got it). So we went to Walmart to try on rings because we didn't want to deal with pressure from jewelry stores... >.> I definitely screwed it up. Playing with the ring sizer again, 5.5 seems way too small and 7 just a tad big. So I still have no clue!

We'll just deal with the pressure of an in-person jeweler and get recommendations from the jeweler we're going to order from before we order the replacement. The replacement band won't be as thin so that should help too.

Did you use a credit card Taxel?

I would assume maybe you could do a charge back if going through Etsy doesn't work.... :/ I mean that's just ridiculous it broke it that short of time and that you weren't even rough on it.

Nope, just my fiance's debit card :/ If it comes down to it we'll call his bank (Wells Fargo) and see what they have to say.

I went ahead and filed a case under "Not as described - Damaged" since its now been a week without a response. I don't want to lose the option to open a case because she's ignoring me. Fingers crossed.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »
I went ahead and filed a case under "Not as described - Damaged" since its now been a week without a response. I don't want to lose the option to open a case because she's ignoring me. Fingers crossed.

I am so, so sorry. This really sucks.

It may not mean much but I'm rootin for you  :3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 11:40:12 PM »
Thank you Sweet Daes, I appreciate it <3

Unfortunately I don't have any good news to share. Less than 12 hours after opening the case the artist replied. We didn't have time to read it before work so we just got a chance to look and wow... she either has so many open cases/general issues that she can't keep them straight or she's blatantly lying trying to get Etsy to side with her. (She's replying like she's talking to Etsy, not me, which is just more proof she has no idea what she's doing...)

Her response:
"Hi there

I emailed a pre paid shipping label the day after receiving word about the defects. I offered to fix the issue with the ring or refund the cost of the ring eventhough the buyer bought the wrong size to start with based on the mistake of a jeweler.

What should I do beyond this remedy offer? Im a bit confused as to why a case was opened when I offered plenty of optimal solutions.

Thank you for working with me!
Kristan"

Which is just... completely false in every single way. She never offered anything and I never asked, with regards to the sizing. All I did in that message was gush over how much I love the ring and ask her advice on how to go about getting it resized (like what process she recommends, certain products, etc). The only thing she did was to recommend I talk to a local jeweler and tell them heat can't be used to resize the ring. That's all! I even double checked my emails and there's no return label or emails from her in any way.

And that's not even the complaint!!! She completely ignored that the ring broke from a 1-2 inch fall. I even made sure to clarify what exactly happened, that I wore the ring on the wrong finger and when it fell I was holding it in my hands. The size has absolutely no bearing on this issue!

I already replied (with the help of both my fiance and a roommate so its unemotional and sticks to the facts) but gosh... I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone :/

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 02:30:52 AM »
I'm sorry you're going through this!

I am afraid the damage isn't something you can hold the seller responsible for. If it happened during transit maybe, but you can't prove it fell just that height. And if the stone is fragile to begin with (and the seller doesn't mention it is a very strong stone in the ad).... you could have done your research before buying.

It's a difficult case :(.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 06:03:55 AM »
I'm sorry you're going through this!

I am afraid the damage isn't something you can hold the seller responsible for. If it happened during transit maybe, but you can't prove it fell just that height. And if the stone is fragile to begin with (and the seller doesn't mention it is a very strong stone in the ad).... you could have done your research before buying.

It's a difficult case :(.

I disagree completely. It was advertised as a engagement ring, and should be able to stand up to general wear and tear that an engagement ring would go through. NO ring should break from a 1-2 inch fall. That's poor design and if it was THAT fragile then the seller should of made that clear.

The seller needs to resolve the case by giving the refund that she supposedly offered. *eyeroll*

Offline Nella

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 06:19:03 AM »
I agree. As part of the service he or she should definitely do so. I meant I'm not sure if the seller will be hold responsible for something like this by Etsy. The ring was received in good order, just wrong size. I don't know if guarantee is part of their responsibility.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 11:15:56 AM »
I really, really doubt Etsy would side with the seller over something like this. The ring was obviously either defective (a damage stone), which no amount of research can prevent, and/or should never have been sold in the first place, since it sounds like lapis is far too soft to ever be put into a ring anyways. As a buyer I probably should have researched that first but its the seller's responsibility to know the most basic things about what they're selling - like what stones shouldn't ever be used in rings and what stones shouldn't be used in the lotus design.

But anyways, I finally got a real response! They're still clinging to the lie that they already sent a return label to try and look good to Etsy, I guess, but at least they did actually send one this time.

"My apologies for the confusion I caused here. I will copy and paste this into all channels.
I sent a return label to you via email. We cannot attach files in Etsy convo system. That one has expired now so I will send a new one via email to you. Please let me know if it is received or not either here, in convo or directly from the email I send."

Fingers crossed its smooth sailing from here.

Offline Nella

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
Sounds good! Glad it worked out well for you.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 11:37:43 AM »
As someone who works in a jewelry store and does sizing on many occasions, this kind of piece is something that most jewelers would not try to size. Any time you size a ring you almost always need to bring heat into the equation. And Lapis is not a great choice for long term durable ring wear, and I do not think it can take the kind of heat that sizing requires. For engagement stones you really want a 9 or 10 on the scale which includes Sapphires, Rubies, Diamonds and a few other "man made" gemstones. Anything lower may get damaged and will not look as sparkly over time (trust me I've seen a morganite ring after a week).

I agree that the seller is handling the customer service part terribly, but this design just does not have the long term wearability required of an engagement ring. They should have never advertised it as an engagement ring, but being in the business you would not believe the rings I've seen come in as "Engagement Rings".

Wherever you choose your next ring please remember that a ring is a like a car, it needs to be serviced every now and again. You need to have it cleaned, checked and possibly repaired. Etsy is great for short term, but who will size your ring if you have a baby someday? How will you get it fixed if it breaks? Even if a jewelry store may be daunting, its one of the only industries where they are required to service the ring for its lifetime, so definitely take advantage of it :D

If you have ANY questions about metals, rings, sizing, stone hardness, Anything related to engagement ring shopping please send me a Pm! There is just so much that goes into it that you can really only get from an inperson jewelr.
Also in the future when you get sized be sure they are sizing you with a smaller band sizer vs something thick. The thinner the band the smaller it needs to be and vice versa. So a thick size 6 and a thin size 6 will fit very differently on your finger.

*Or if you need a good custom engagement ring let me know ;)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »
New update: the artist continues to be super shady!!!

Yesterday morning we got up early and dropped off the ring at the post office. I took videos of the entire process just in case. And now I see the case gets another comment, once again full of lies.

"What would it take to close this case? I agree to fulfil the reqest of the buyer and would sincerely appreciate the case being closed if the buyer is satisfied with the agreement to repair the item."

I seriously can't even believe this anymore. How can someone be so downright nasty and terrible?! My fiance had the thought that maybe she keeps talking "to Etsy" to be passive aggressive by ignoring me. Which honestly wouldn't surprise me given her constant lies. I just don't even know anymore.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »
AUGH what a mess.    Keep up the fight for the refund!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »
New update: the artist continues to be super shady!!!
"What would it take to close this case? I agree to fulfil the reqest of the buyer and would sincerely appreciate the case being closed if the buyer is satisfied with the agreement to repair the item."
OMG.
It's like SUCK IT UP and accept the return and give a full refund. You have to take losses as a seller. It's just how it goes.

u_u What an idiotic seller.

Remind me never to buy things on Etsy without using paypal. yikes...

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 12:35:01 AM »
She commented on the case three times in 20 minutes and escalated the case, claiming she never offered a refund. I'm at my wits end. Somehow the case has changed to "Your ideal resolution is to return the item for repair". This WAS NOT chosen by me, ever! When I created the case I wanted a return.

I'm calling Etsy the second I wake up. And Wells Fargo right after if we have to. This is complete insanity.

NEVER shop from Gemologies/Kristan. I don't know if I'm allowed to give her full name but she's very easy to find... What a horrible, nasty seller she is. I'm completely appalled. I've made more online purchases than I care to count over the years and I've never dealt with such an awful, vindictive seller. This is the worst experience I've ever had buying anything.

Does anyone have links to reputable places talking about lapis not being suitable for use in rings? I've been trying to find some through Google but I have no idea where to even look. All the sites I've found so far are just unhelpful pseuedoscience or don't mention what lapis shouldn't be used in. (Although I've yet to find any that mention it being used in rings at all.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:50:58 AM by Taxel »

Offline Nella

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal