collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Pokemon from the Gold/Silver Demo  (Read 3009 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Lets talk about the Pokemon from the Gold/Silver Demo
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 04:22:06 AM »
I actually realllly like old girafarig. It made the name make more sense, and I love the evil side much better than the tail we have right now.

I like the two-headed Girafarig too - it would make such a groovy plush! :D
The unused water Pokemon designs are really nice as well; that little frilly-looking manta ray is completely sublime and I love it.
I believe the frilly manta ray was called Rayleep and was a Mantine concept. I do kind of wish we had that one.

I'm glad they changed Politoed. I know the demo is floating around out there, kind of broken, but now I have to wonder if someone is going to make a rom hack of this version of the game XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 06:19:23 AM »
Where are these english names coming from? Are they fan names? o.O

I LOVE the bell cats.. I so wish they'd made it to the final release. and omg the BABIES!!! Baby Meowth! Baby Vulpix!!! I really like proto-Girafarig too.. I wonder why they changed it, it's so much cooler than the final design (I mean, I love Girafarig, but, y'know).. and ohh man I've always loved Honooguma and those evolutions!!!!... and Twins!! So cool.. and proto-Leafeon, ooooh.. asdfghjkl I wish so many of these had made it into the final release!!!

aaaaaaa this demo leak is so EXCITING!!! It's been too long since I've been excited for Pokemon like this (wasn't really a fan of Sun/Moon) :D

ooohhh and I LOVE!! that fanart!!!! So cool, aaaa.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 07:00:47 AM »
I think the english names are coming from the team that was keeping it to themselves? They are called Team Spaceworld and had the ROM which they were translating. They were going to release an english patch of it but it leaked before they were able to finish. There is a spreadsheet with names, info, links, sprites, etc. They've translated some names already, but some are from fans. I think.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
Kinda wish some of these existed, while other ones that made it should have been cut.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
Where are these english names coming from? Are they fan names? o.O

I LOVE the bell cats.. I so wish they'd made it to the final release. and omg the BABIES!!! Baby Meowth! Baby Vulpix!!! I really like proto-Girafarig too.. I wonder why they changed it, it's so much cooler than the final design (I mean, I love Girafarig, but, y'know).. and ohh man I've always loved Honooguma and those evolutions!!!!... and Twins!! So cool.. and proto-Leafeon, ooooh.. asdfghjkl I wish so many of these had made it into the final release!!!

aaaaaaa this demo leak is so EXCITING!!! It's been too long since I've been excited for Pokemon like this (wasn't really a fan of Sun/Moon) :D

ooohhh and I LOVE!! that fanart!!!! So cool, aaaa.
I think the english names are coming from the team that was keeping it to themselves? They are called Team Spaceworld and had the ROM which they were translating. They were going to release an english patch of it but it leaked before they were able to finish. There is a spreadsheet with names, info, links, sprites, etc. They've translated some names already, but some are from fans. I think.
Yeah this is the spreadsheet I was linked to by a friend
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1B5epMdm1Wcvh33qFABpw-SO76uZt6WNSl0UsD5yq_dI/htmlview?sle=true#

If you don't want the html view you can take that part out of the url XD
Note that the name list on the left of the sheet is what was released officially in Gold/Silver and due to some of the Pokemon from the official not being on the spreadsheet they don't match up XD

It's quite possible the names are fan names for many of them. Lol I looked up the translation for Mikon (baby vulpix) and in literal translation to English... Microcomputer.

Monja, the Baby Tangela, translated name actually makes sense.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »
ah, yeah, as far as I can make out, it looks like the "English names" are just fan-translations made to go with that translated ROM they're working on, i.e. names made to match the official English names for the other Pokemon. Eh, I'll continue using the Japanese names, I'm not really a fan of most of the fan names tbh.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:31 AM »
to me the English names of more official Pokemon don't make sense in how they got the names lol. Then again I don't know Japanese so I'm not familiar with the meanings of each of the character symbols XD

The Kana/Romaji might be a little off though XD Because I'm still confused with ミコン/mikon (every look up is related to electronics)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 08:33:50 AM »

The spreadsheet I'm looking at has translated name (not sure if they are accurate) but the English names for Kotara and Raitora are Tigrette and Electiger (they both look like some sort of tiger mouse hybrids XD). It's quite possible that this line was an early design for a later Pokemon line.

Kotora, surely, in that case, rather than Kotara?

I have been out of the loop on Pokemon lately so this is all news to me, but that just struck me as tiger is tora, not tara, and kotora would be baby tiger...?

Raitora would be electric tiger so that makes sense..?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 04:03:22 PM »
i was gonna ask... wasn't Gold/Silver already released years ago? and ..also what the heck is up with some of these pokemon like the chikorita line
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 04:12:57 PM »
i was gonna ask... wasn't Gold/Silver already released years ago? and ..also what the heck is up with some of these pokemon like the chikorita line
Gold and Silver was released years ago. What was leaked was the demo that was going to be gold/silver before they made tons of changes.

Some of the designs are pretty neat and some are... um.. what the hey XD

The spreadsheet I'm looking at has translated name (not sure if they are accurate) but the English names for Kotara and Raitora are Tigrette and Electiger (they both look like some sort of tiger mouse hybrids XD). It's quite possible that this line was an early design for a later Pokemon line.

I have been out of the loop on Pokemon lately so this is all news to me, but that just struck me as tiger is tora, not tara, and kotora would be baby tiger...?

Don't know lol. Like I said I don't think most of the stuff on the spreadsheet is 100% accurate XD

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 06:31:38 PM »
Gold and Silver was released years ago. What was leaked was the demo that was going to be gold/silver before they made tons of changes.

Some of the designs are pretty neat and some are... um.. what the hey XD

Don't know lol. Like I said I don't think most of the stuff on the spreadsheet is 100% accurate XD

lol i was wondering
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal