collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Break the Tie on the Host Pony!!!

Tropical Breeze (flutter pony with a Flamingo)
Shovels and Sandcastle (newborn twins with sandcastles)

Author Topic: Midwest/ Minnesota MLP Jubilee! September 1, 2018--- All Are Welcome!  (Read 13297 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
This year's host pony is Tropical Breeze!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Minnesota/ Midwest Pony Jubilee is almost here, and we have some exciting changes!

Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018
Time: 10 am (9 am setup) - 5?
This weekend also has the Renaissance Festival and the State Fair.  We are going to be conventioning at the Starfire Center in Waseca, Minnesota. It is located along 2nd Ave SW- the address it is giving me is 204 2nd Ave SW, Waseca MN 56093.  That will get you onto the right street, and you might just have to look for signs at that point. Mark your calendars and plan your weekend!

The fourth post in this thread is for activities- if you have any questions, please look at that post, or message Kazzellin.

Hotels in Waseca: Grandstay Hotel   https://www.grandstayhospitality.com/find-a-hotel/locations/waseca/overview
American Inn  http://www.wasecaamericanmotel.com/
(Please note, these are not the only places to stay, but this is a good place to start looking!)
There are also campgrounds in the area for tents or RV's. If you have any questions about these, please message Aurora- I will be happy to help you find a place to stay!

Please sign up for a type of food to bring to the potluck- just put a note here on the thread, or PM Blackfrost/Julie. She will get you added! We need toppings for the tacos, and can also use some fruit/veggie and desserts.  (The food is on the third post on this thread!)

We will also need a reasonably good count of who needs a vendor table. The tables are 6 feet long, and you can get as many as you want. There will be chairs provided as well.
There will be a separate area for games and eating, so no need to plan for extra space at your table to eat!

Who is coming? Do you need a table?

YES!!!

Aurora (2 tables)
Foxfire
Kazzellin (4 tables)
Nessa & Mr. Nessa, Plus Mystery Friend (1 table)
Blackfrost & Peggy (1 table)
Wizzer and Mr. Wiz (3 or 4 tables)
Marla & Ellery
Jocelyn & Erick (sans table)
Ponyqueen & His Royal Highness (2 tables)
Sapphire Rain (1 table)
Scarlett Kitty
Bianca (0 tables)
SaraMari (keine tische)
Silver Glade and Pal (0 table)
Nimrodel and Aryk (never gonna be able to spell that without help, sorry, dude!) (1 table)
Dragonfly

Maybe?
Seaponey

Catch you next time...
Gusty and Clan
Rosierjay

Can you identify this Minnesota Landmark?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:36:26 AM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Jubilee Question!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 09:44:41 PM »
Ooh sounds fun!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+152)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »
Weekends are good because otherwise I would be going alone and that would suck..lol

Offline Blackfrost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:50:17 PM »
Food theme for this meet TACO BAR!

FOOD STILL NEEDED:

CHEESE
SOURCREAM
SALSA
BLACK OLIVES
LETTUCE
MEXICAN RICE

Theses are just ideas!

Meat: Aurora
Chips/Refried beans: Wizzer/Anne
Soft shells: Blackfrost
Tomatoes: Aurora

Guacamole/salsa : Jocelyn

Desserts

Mini cakes Kazzy

This lets people know we still need soft shells, or cheese, or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:20:36 PM by Blackfrost »
Weeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »
Okay, let’s talk activities! :awake:

-Coloring contest! All ages welcome! Crayons, markers, and picture (or three) of our host pony (Tropical Breeze) will be provided. :D Completed pictures will be numbered and posted for votes, so please don't put your name on the front. ;) Prize TBD

-Photo contest! Take a picture featuring out host pony of the year - Flutter pony Tropical Breeze (from the second set). Print your photo out and bring with, or let us know if you need it printed for you. (Non-photo-quality paper is fine.) Categories to be announced. ;) Prize TBD

-Art contest! Do you like to draw, paint, play with noodles glued to a board? Make something pony-related (ideally featuring Tropical Breeze) and enter it into the art contest! Prize TBD

-Customs display! No contest for this one, but if you like making custom ponies, we wanna see what you can do! Any custom is welcome! We wanna see them! (If turnout for this is good, we might turn it into a contest next year. ^.^ )

-Dice game will be going on! :D
   What's the dice game? It's a popular game from baby and bridal showers. To participate, please bring 2-3 wrapped gifts, pony related (ideally; doesn't have to be; chocolates and food items always welcome!) in the $5 range (can go higher if need be, but no higher than $10, please, as there's always the chance of not winning anything). Participants will sit in an approximate circle around the table of wrapped prizes, and pass around a couple boxes of 3 standard dice, trying to roll doubles. During the first round (if you roll doubles) you get to pick a prize from the table; this lasts until there are no more prizes. During the second round, you get to steal a prize from someone else! This round usually lasts about a minute, and is timed. After this, prizes are opened, and show and tell happens before the third and final round - stealing the opened prizes! Also lasts about a minute. (Depending on how many new participants and kids we have participating, time may be added to those rounds; past meets have had bottle necks due to learning the game, and we want no annoyed people (especially since kids can be pretty savvy about emotions they're picking up; we don't want them discouraged from future participation!). ;)  )

-Felt pony construction! Pre-cut shapes will be provided. Add beads, glitter, paints or other decotations, yarn for the hair, stuffng, and poof! You've got a felty pony! Use as decor, or put on the tree later! (Parental supervision requested for the kiddies, please). :D

-Bean bag toss! Winner takes the game home! :D Second and third-place prizes TBD

-Raffle? This one isn’t going to be at someone’s house, so I don’t know that this one is necessary. :huh:

-Board games (privided by various people)

Let me know if you’ve other ideas for activities we could do, and any feed back for the current ones listed! :D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:25:31 AM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »
I know Nimrodel and her husband are into board and tabletop games, and Erick is huge on them as well. Maybe we can do some gaming as a side activity, for whoever wamts to? We have a moderate selection of tabletop games we could pick from to bring.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:08:55 AM by Jocelyn »

Offline Blackfrost

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 08:51:45 AM »
I know Nimrodel and her husband are into board and tabletop games, and Erick is huge on them as well. Maybe we can do some gaming as a side activity, for whoever wamts to? We have a moderate selection of tabletop games we could pick from to bring.

Mlp monopoly?  That could be fun to do and I actually own it! 
Weeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline Jocelyn

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
That's a great idea! Maybe we can scout out other pony/unicorn themed games?

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »
I picked up the merry go round stamping game at the last meet, and I also have the merry go round adventure gane! :) I also have the unstable unicorns game. :D

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 04:23:52 AM »
I think Unstable Unicorns might be a little... risque for a family friendly event.
I'm also gonna say the rodeo should be an outside thing, so we should skip that for this meet.
I'm interested to see how the board games go, though! I have a Candyland-like game that I can bring. You have to bring your own little playing pieces, though- I'm not opening them up!

As far as paying for the event center, I think we will put out a donation jar, with a suggestion of $5 per group.
Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:52:54 AM by Aurora »

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »
I wouldn't know about then non-family friendly aspect of it; haven't played it yet. I do have all the expansions, the but, er, "adult" themed deck is not mixed in; I left it in its own box. ^^;

No outside space at all this time, then? No worries; I'll nix those then. :)

Edit: Do we want to try having a customs contest this meet? :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:44:38 AM by Kazzellin »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 02:12:19 AM »
I googled it- you are right. Looks ok. I just sort of lumped it with Cards Against Humanity!

Customs contests are very pretty, and I love to see what people can do. We could also just do a display--- I am a huge fan of all kinds of contests, but sometimes our participation in them is a little lacking. Ponyqueen, if the party isn't at your house, are you going to enter an art contest? Will you do the whole thing with your left hand?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:21:19 AM by Aurora »

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Midwest/ Minnesota Pony Jubilee! September 1, 2018
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »
Okay! I have requested the first off! Here’s hoping it gets approved. :awake:

If it’s Aurora approved we should be good to go, then! I shall see about remembering to bring it along for the games to play part. :satisfied:

Art contest as well as customs contest sounds fun! I like this plan, since I know we have at least 3 artists in our group. :D

I have made suggestions for the meet pony; see the above activities post. ^.^

Offline Jocelyn

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 08:59:02 AM »
Just want to say I love the idea of a customs or art display. I probably wouldn't join a contest...but I like when we all share things we made!!

By the way, were there any pictures taken at the last meet? I'm curious to see how the rodeo went :)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 10:34:31 AM »
My nephew took pictures of the Rodeo, I will get those sent to me! It was silly fun, and I would like my Discord to get another chance, but this venue is a little too inside. Jocelyn, keep working on your head, we will ride again!

Kazz, I could not for the life of me remember where you put that list! Thank you!
I went through and looked at the activities again, i think a felt pony would be fun! I have plenty of embroidery floss, and felt is cheap, let me look into the rest of this!

Hahaha! Aurora Approved! I just couldn't function last night, or we would already be on the next step!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal