collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: stupid things sellers do (tell me)  (Read 16416 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: stupid things sellers do (tell me)
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »

In the glass cabinet, we have Lemon Drop and Bubbles both about 12 euros each. And on the regular thrift shop table? We have REGENTROPFEN FOR LIKE 4 EUROS and Tex.
The more I think about it, the more hilarious it gets. The overly common Lemon drop for 12€ on a glass cabinet, meanwhile the collector favorite Regentropfen at a regular table for 4€!!! The seller clearly knew nothing about ponies. :biggrin:

I have had this kind of experience too! A seller with common ponies on the table at more expensive prices, and then a box of not so mint ponies under the table in which was Spanish Strawberry Fair/Sugarberry...for 30p...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »

In the glass cabinet, we have Lemon Drop and Bubbles both about 12 euros each. And on the regular thrift shop table? We have REGENTROPFEN FOR LIKE 4 EUROS and Tex.
The more I think about it, the more hilarious it gets. The overly common Lemon drop for 12€ on a glass cabinet, meanwhile the collector favorite Regentropfen at a regular table for 4€!!! The seller clearly knew nothing about ponies. :biggrin:

I have had this kind of experience too! A seller with common ponies on the table at more expensive prices, and then a box of not so mint ponies under the table in which was Spanish Strawberry Fair/Sugarberry...for 30p...

Oh gosh! :D that's insane. It's funny when the sellers fail so bad that they ask crazier amounts for common ponies thinking they're rare when they'd have actual wanted rarities too...

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2018, 08:39:42 PM »
I was at a thrift shop. Probably the same seller considering how uncommon G1s are here had rented both a table place and a glass cabinet place.

PLEASE tell us you bought Raindrop! I would actually start crying if I saw that. Especially because I'm American? Oh goodness.

Post Merge: June 24, 2018, 08:45:24 PM

A local Letgo listing has 2 g1s and a g2. It says it's 3 ponies from 84-87 (one is 97, Skyskimmer) and the description leads with "any bronies out there?"
I politely messaged them to tell them one is a g2 from a decade later.

Also, this sort of thing makes me rage internally. Whether or not their community bothers you they only care about the current generation's cartoon, and if they do like older ones, it's the ones that inspired the mane 6. Moreover it makes me feel like they're lumping myself in with them (most likely unintentional but still...I'm a collector! End of discussion!)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:45:46 PM by Sapphire Rain »
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2018, 05:01:43 PM »
I was at a thrift shop. Probably the same seller considering how uncommon G1s are here had rented both a table place and a glass cabinet place.
PLEASE tell us you bought Raindrop! I would actually start crying if I saw that. Especially because I'm American? Oh goodness.
[
Of course I did! I was a bit less knowledged then so I would have left her there if I had not bothered to ID her just in case. Thank gosh I did.
German ponies were not sold here either but Finland is still a lot closer to Germany. I've noticed that I see now and then toys not sold here - probably brought as souvenirs in the 80s and 90s, she was probably one of them.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2018, 11:12:48 AM »
I saw a listing of a large box of ponies on the Facebook Marketplace, only about 25 minutes away. The box contained some G1s, uncommon and sought after G4s, a ton of others for only $30. Of course I contacted the seller immediately and when they said it was still available, I was over the moon. So then I asked if I could pick it up at 2:30. They then said someone else was coming in less than 30 minutes to get them.  :huh: That would've been nice to know from the start. So in the end no ponies. A trip to the flea market this weekend may be in order.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »
I bought something off of ebay and had it delivered to my parents house.  It said it had been delivered so I was just waiting till I visited my parents.  They came over and said it hadn't come.  I looked at the tracking number and it say's it's been shipped to another state, with a completely different address...

Not to mention I bought a Saw for my Husband.  While it was new it was missing $150 worth of parts.  So I got to ship it back and I had to use almost an entire roll of tape.. lots of good ebay luck lately

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
Well, now I'm frustrated with a seller! I won a pony on eBay a week ago Tuesday and paid up immediately, but it's still not marked as shipped?? I tried messaging the seller on Monday but haven't heard back yet and now I'm scared that the sale's going to fall through. :yikes:

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2018, 12:38:27 AM »
Sometimes the seller forgets to mark the item as shipped. I have a lot of ponies at home, that went from the seller, to the reshipper, from America to South Africa, through customs and to my house. And they are still marked as 'not shipped'. So I hope that it works out the same for you.

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2018, 12:56:23 PM »
Sometimes the seller forgets to mark the item as shipped. I have a lot of ponies at home, that went from the seller, to the reshipper, from America to South Africa, through customs and to my house. And they are still marked as 'not shipped'. So I hope that it works out the same for you.

I hope so! I don't know why they wouldn't have replied to me if that was the case, though. :/

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2018, 04:43:40 AM »
UGH!!
 Okay I need to vent and this is the place to do it. I was browsing Marketplace and found a Carebear I really wanted, its one of the environmental friends care bears and I don believe they were ever sold in the UK so I was happy to see her :) I message the seller if she was available and if he would consider posting as it was just far away enough for me to not be able to collect. He said She was available and he could post but he was coming up to my town that week to see some friends so he could drop her off, Great right?

The day arrives and I hear nothing from him so I send a message asking whether he was in Liverpool. He replied 4 hours later to say he didn't make it up but he would be happy to post, I replied saying 'Okay cool :)' and he didn't reply to this.

He clearly isn't interested enough to sell or he would have asked for my address and things, I don't even want to try message again for the care bear because I don't trust that if I sent the money it would be posted. I guess ill never get her  :cry: :cry: :cry:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »
This has absolutely nothing to do with Ponies, but it just irks me to no end. (okay I guess if you're looking for pony DVDs/PC Games :P)

When people selling disc based media have pictures with the disc taken out of the case and placed data side down on the floor/table/carpet, etc. Why can't you just take a picture of the disc inside the opened case? If you don't still have the case, at least hold onto the disc or put it on something soft like a blanket or a pillow... You just know that when they attempted to pick it back up they put scratches on it. That doesn't exactly make it "Like New" anymore. :huh:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:58:53 AM by ThePoneZone »
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
The phrase "good vintage condition".

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:26 AM »
Right now for it was a vender I ran into at the flea market they gave me a business card to contact them with, two weeks later still no email.  Well NEVER MIND THEN, wont be contacting them again that is for sure, oh well I have other places to look.   :throw: :poke:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
UGH!!
 Okay I need to vent and this is the place to do it. I was browsing Marketplace and found a Carebear I really wanted, its one of the environmental friends care bears and I don believe they were ever sold in the UK so I was happy to see her :) I message the seller if she was available and if he would consider posting as it was just far away enough for me to not be able to collect. He said She was available and he could post but he was coming up to my town that week to see some friends so he could drop her off, Great right?

The day arrives and I hear nothing from him so I send a message asking whether he was in Liverpool. He replied 4 hours later to say he didn't make it up but he would be happy to post, I replied saying 'Okay cool :)' and he didn't reply to this.

He clearly isn't interested enough to sell or he would have asked for my address and things, I don't even want to try message again for the care bear because I don't trust that if I sent the money it would be posted. I guess ill never get her  :cry: :cry: :cry:

If it's an original 1980s carebear then yes, they were sold in the UK. My sister collects carebears and she has (I think) all of them in at least one size version from carbooting round where we lived. For that reason I got trained in what to look for.  I found one that I gave her in the last few years at a market stall. I believe I'm right in saying that they weren't sold in all places, but the UK was one place they did appear. (If we are talking ones like Sea Friend, Forest Friend etc). The one I found at the market stall was Sea Friend in the larger size.

So you probably will have another chance in the future :) There must be others out there.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:47:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »
UGH!!

If it's an original 1980s carebear then yes, they were sold in the UK. My sister collects carebears and she has (I think) all of them in at least one size version from carbooting round where we lived. For that reason I got trained in what to look for.  I found one that I gave her in the last few years at a market stall. I believe I'm right in saying that they weren't sold in all places, but the UK was one place they did appear. (If we are talking ones like Sea Friend, Forest Friend etc). The one I found at the market stall was Sea Friend in the larger size.

So you probably will have another chance in the future :) There must be others out there.
In 1991 care bears were re released under the name of care bear environmental friends, they look different to the original lot and have a nature theme, ebay only shows those ones being sold from the USA so i havealways assumed they were a US only release as they were not too popular. You are right though we did get the original gang plus some exclusives that are now worth a pretty penny :) I wont give up hope  :hope:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal