collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: stupid things sellers do (tell me)  (Read 16440 times)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
Re: stupid things sellers do (tell me)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »
Who else has bought ponies that don't mention a smell, and you get them and they wreak of smoke?
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
Bought a pony off ebay and an empty package arrived. The same happened with a rare MH doll. I got no refund as the sellers shipped with the cheap German book/other wares option. With this option it's not allowed to seal the package completely and therefore stuff falls out all the time or someone just steals the contents.

I got wise and now I explicitly tell sellers to give me another shipping option. Enough is enough.

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »
Who else has bought ponies that don't mention a smell, and you get them and they wreak of smoke?

Baby Hopscotch. She was perfect apart from the fact she stank. She even had factory curls.  :yikes:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
Ugh... I've had a few doozies... but the winner in most recent memory was winning an ebay lot (buy now) for a pretty good price (some nice ponies in there too) and then getting messaged by the seller to say they'd only posted part of the lot because they'd underestimated the shipping, and that if I wanted the rest, I'd have to pay the shipping for them separately!

I expressed my, shall we say, disappointment.. but in the end (and not wanting to cause a fuss) let it go, since after asking for pics of the ones left out, it appeared they'd excluded the ones that seemed in less than stellar condition or fakies. And the important ones I was after had been included.

BUT then... to add insult to injury, the ponies that did arrive were in appalling condition that absolutely was NOT obvious in the pics... I'm talking hair that had conveniently covered missing wings on wingers, really bad hair chops on other ponies and ponies with horrid, irreparable chew marks including Baby Lucky Leaf's face split in two (she was bad side down in the photos). Again I stress all these flaws were hidden in the photos.

By this stage I'd had enough. And I was met with utter rudeness along the lines of what did I expect from old toys? I can't remember the exact dialogue now but it was epic and quite astonishing. I eventually (and not without a fight) got a partial refund, and they got some positively negative feedback from me.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 12:20:02 AM »
A few people already know about my lamp shade nightmare.  Wrapped in paper instead of a box.  Yes, seriously.

I also once bought a g3 Christmas ornament and after 2 weeks it still hadn't arrived which is very odd for a seller also in Australia.  It shouldn't have taken more than a week.  They replied and said they had sent it out yesterday.  Another week passes before it arrives.  Checked the postage stamp date - 3 days after I messaged them.  All they had to say was that they were sending it out tomorrow and apologise for the delay.  Don't be lying when you're sending me proof of your lie.

On a similar note, I once bought a g1 book on ebay and it hadn't shown up after 2 weeks or so but I had partly forgotten about it.  The seller sends me a message asking why I haven't contacted her yet.  The book had been returned to her several days ago because she wrote down the wrong house number.  She was a little hostile as if it was somehow my fault.  Who knows why she didn't contact me herself when she got it back.  She asked me to confirm the house number before she sent it again.  It was the same number that was saved as my postage address.  She just wrote down 25 instead of 35.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 01:27:05 AM »
Oh, another one.

I once bought flutters on FB, through the swedish group. (I think this member has since been banned from selling there?)
This was also a bad case of 'bad side down'. I asked for more pics of the ponies I was buying, got some, but they still didn't show the flaws. Now, I get the ponies - not super fast, took her a while to send them out - and open the first one... who has the tips of her ear cut off, and looks like someone's been hacking away at her in places with a pair of scissors... plus dents in all hooves (probably scissors again...). One of the other 2 ponies had slight dents in the hooves as well, but it didn't show as much. The third came out fab after a spa, but still. I didn't pay nothing for them either, and when I messaged her about it, she said she would look for a replacement for me but then vanished. Also after admin involvement.
I'm still kind of bummed about it to be honest >_>

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 06:19:29 AM »
Oooh, that lamp shade! So sad to see that. :cry:

I personally never had any really bad experiences with pony sellers. However, there has been one occasion where I really wasn't happy. About ten years ago I bought a pony here on the Arena, and when she arrived it turned out her eyes obviously had been repainted, which wasn't mentioned anywhere. Not only that, but she was missing one of the white dots on her eyes, too. Nothing too bad, I mean, it's nothing I can't fix myself. But the thing is, she came from a very well established seller, so you can imagine I was very disappointed. I just didn't expect this, I never thought they'd hide something like that.

He knows that they're the fool...

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
I feel terrible just seeing a picture of the lampshade.  :sad:

One time I bought a pony from a seller with great feedback. She was my top most wanted pony at the time. I waited several days and the pony didn't arrive. I messaged the seller and they assured me that the pony had been mailed. Several more days later the pony finally arrives but is postmarked just a few days before instead of the original mailing date the seller told me. I've never figured out if the pony got caught somewhere in the post office or if the seller forgot to mail it and instead of admitting that just lied when I asked.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 09:30:45 AM »
RIP lamp shade  :bawl:

I once bought an eBay lot of NM So-Softs that arrived crammed inside a small bubble envelope with no extra wrapping. When I took them out, their lovely thick flocking was pockmarked all over with indents from the bubbles. It was nerve-wracking trying to smooth out their cowlicks without loosening the flocking too much.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 11:21:57 AM »
I just won a great deal on ebay-

But the seller cancelled the listing because he didn't get enough for it- what a jerk!  I posted a thread about it on one of my dolly forums, and it turns out he is famous for doing exactly that.   -_-

He also is known for scamming people so I guess I got lucky.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 04:42:13 PM »

But the seller cancelled the listing because he didn't get enough for it- what a jerk!  I posted a thread about it on one of my dolly forums, and it turns out he is famous for doing exactly that.   -_-

I would consider yourself very lucky, and i hope it comes back one day to bite them hard.

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »
A few people already know about my lamp shade nightmare.  Wrapped in paper instead of a box.  Yes, seriously.

I also once bought a g3 Christmas ornament and after 2 weeks it still hadn't arrived which is very odd for a seller also in Australia.  It shouldn't have taken more than a week.  They replied and said they had sent it out yesterday.  Another week passes before it arrives.  Checked the postage stamp date - 3 days after I messaged them.  All they had to say was that they were sending it out tomorrow and apologise for the delay.  Don't be lying when you're sending me proof of your lie.

On a similar note, I once bought a g1 book on ebay and it hadn't shown up after 2 weeks or so but I had partly forgotten about it.  The seller sends me a message asking why I haven't contacted her yet.  The book had been returned to her several days ago because she wrote down the wrong house number.  She was a little hostile as if it was somehow my fault.  Who knows why she didn't contact me herself when she got it back.  She asked me to confirm the house number before she sent it again.  It was the same number that was saved as my postage address.  She just wrote down 25 instead of 35.
That picture stresses me out everytime I see it.

I've been pretty darn lucky I suppose. Reading this thread is enough to give me nightmares

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »
I wouldn't exactly call it a bad experience, but once when I was binge buying all the mail order Embers, I was having a hard time finding the pink one in well condition. I finally found one that made me happy. Ember looked beautiful in her photograph, but the only thing that worried me was the description only said something along the lines of "Vintage -- in good condition" then mentioned shipping and stuff like that. But she was being sold for a good price, seemed to be perfect, and I was desperate. So I ordered her.
It was only about three days later when I get her. At first I didn't notice anything bad, but when my other Ember's got shipped I noticed something odd...Is her hair shorter than the others? Upon closer inspection, yes it was, and while  that wouldn't bother me too much it's just the fact that it wasn't mentioned. Then I noticed something else odd. I don't know why, but this one day I got this strange idea to twist her head just to see if it'd move. Surprise surprise, it did move. So someone both removed this pony's head and trimmed the hair without listing it...
It wasn't awful but I wish it would've been mentioned. It still bugs me to this day.

Along with that I once got a Bridal Beauty with tail rust that wasn't listed, but I didn't hold it against the seller as they didn't seem to be professionals with ponies. But it was impossible to tell from the pictures so a tiny bit of me wonders if they did it on purpose.

But generally I have a really good experience with sellers. They're usually super nice and pack little stickers or notes with my ponies.  ^.^

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »
I had once spent 2 days working out details with a seller on Craigslist for my mom to pick up some ponies for me. I we had everything all set. I gave her my mom's phone number to set the meeting time and place (my mom is over 500 miles away from me but near the seller). They did that. Anyway the night before she ended up telling my mom she decided she didn't like the price we had agreed on and that she wasn't going to sell the ponies instead of telling me.

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 01:19:18 AM »

i had a similar experience with a seller cancelling and refunding an agreed sale (don't think it was with the same seller).
 I sort of joked at the time that maybe Fate had something special around the corner.

Anyways, Karma was actually looking after me, for a month later I found the same ponies in a lot for the same price with a different seller. And not only were the ponies I was originally searching for really lovely,  they came in a lot with a couple of extra ponies including the prettiest 'Peachy' I've ever seen.........didn't realise until I gave her a bath that she's actually Macau Nelly!
So, sometimes things are for the best if they don't quite work out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal