collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: stupid things sellers do (tell me)  (Read 16439 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
stupid things sellers do (tell me)
« on: May 29, 2018, 11:29:08 PM »
Hello,

I was eyeing this huge mlp g1 lot on kijiji.ca for a great deal.
I talked to the seller and everything seemed fine. I just had to pay her.
Then she ignores me for 2 days and tells me the ponies are all sold!
I know, I know, they were hers and I don't have anymore rights then anyone else, but where's the style in ignoring a potential buyer for 2 days and then dumping them like that.
So tell me, what kind of dumb and terrible sellers have you had in your days? I would love to hear, feel free to vent a bit :)

Thank you and see ya,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: stupid things sellers do (tell me)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »
A couple years back, I bought a pony that was supposedly in mint condition according to the seller's listing. When the pony arrived, I found she had two or three age spots and her one eye was scuffed (she was a twinkle eye). None of these issues were mentioned in the listing and they were not displayed in the photos. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the seller. She agreed to a partial refund but didn't send it. I followed up with her and she made multiple excuses, guilt trips, etc....even going as far as to say she hasn't had the time (yet she had time to reply with these excuses). This went on for a week or so. Finally, I told her she had 48 hours or I would open a case with Ebay for the item not being as described. Then I suddenly got my refund.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 11:52:27 PM »
A couple years back, I bought a pony that was supposedly in mint condition according to the seller's listing. When the pony arrived, I found she had two or three age spots and her one eye was scuffed (she was a twinkle eye). None of these issues were mentioned in the listing and they were not displayed in the photos. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the seller. She agreed to a partial refund but didn't send it. I followed up with her and she made multiple excuses, guilt trips, etc....even going as far as to say she hasn't had the time (yet she had time to reply with these excuses). This went on for a week or so. Finally, I told her she had 48 hours or I would open a case with Ebay for the item not being as described. Then I suddenly got my refund.

yikes, at least you got that refund :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »
Getting ponies you bough in NM condition delivered to you wrapped in newspaper :yikes: those poor babies were not NM anymore...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 12:40:51 AM »
Getting ponies you bough in NM condition delivered to you wrapped in newspaper :yikes: those poor babies were not NM anymore...
I never understand why sellers think this is a good idea, surely it's common knowledge that ink transfers?

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 03:32:40 AM »
With ponies and otherwise, I have had so much trouble with items being listed as "good condition" when they turn out to have some really nasty flaws or, worse still, are really filthy! The sheer amount of grime that came off my Posey is probably going to haunt my nightmares forever, not to mention the saddle she was sent with - talk about gross! :shocked:
Another real howler is when the seller marks a pony as dispatched, it doesn't turn up, so you contact them and then get a message back "Oh sorry, I forgot to post it." :pout:

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 07:30:04 AM »
I bought a lot of ponies of Kijiji where the seller had SS Heart Throb listed separately but pictured with the ponies I was buying.  I asked about Heart Throb as she wasn't with the rest and they explained that they wanted $25 for her and that it was a sale for charity etc etc.  I didn't want to spend the money so I told them not to bother fetching her for me to look at.  They did have to get another bag of ponies that were
missing from the listing.  I checked them over, bought the ponies, all is well, right?

Later that day I get an email demanding (nicely) that I return Heart Throb right away.  Again it was stated that this was a sale for a charity and that she was being sold separately and that there's anothe buyer coming for her.  I politely responded that I hadn't even seen her when picking up the other ponies and that I hoped they find her.  To this day I occasionally wonder if she ever turned up.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 08:10:16 AM »
I bought a lot of ponies of Kijiji where the seller had SS Heart Throb listed separately but pictured with the ponies I was buying.  I asked about Heart Throb as she wasn't with the rest and they explained that they wanted $25 for her and that it was a sale for charity etc etc.  I didn't want to spend the money so I told them not to bother fetching her for me to look at.  They did have to get another bag of ponies that were
missing from the listing.  I checked them over, bought the ponies, all is well, right?

Later that day I get an email demanding (nicely) that I return Heart Throb right away.  Again it was stated that this was a sale for a charity and that she was being sold separately and that there's anothe buyer coming for her.  I politely responded that I hadn't even seen her when picking up the other ponies and that I hoped they find her.  To this day I occasionally wonder if she ever turned up.

Oh eeek! How awkward for you!

Here I haven't really had people do terribly strange things. The weirdest (except for sellers wanting higher and higher prices for common ponies) was someone who had a lot of haircut childhood ponies. They also wanted a lot of money for them, and at first refused when I offered what I though they were worth. Then suddenly, late at night, they changed their mind and said that as long as I took all of them I could have them for just slightly more than what I had offered so I agreed. All went fine after that, they were lovely and dropped the ponies off for me and everything.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 08:13:11 AM »
I saw a MO Baby Ember I was interested in on Ebay once and sent a polite message to the seller asking about flaws that were not visible in the listing. I got a angry reply back that said “It’s an old toy, of course it’s going to be dirty!”

Last year someone was selling some petite pony houses and accessories on Ebay. There was also a G1 Brush Me Beautiful Boutique shown in multiple pictures in the listing. I figured that whoever was selling them must not have realized that the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique was actually for full sized ponies. I bid and won the lot but when it arrived I only got the petite pony items and not the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique. When I contacted the seller they seemed  surprised and said they would try to find out what happened. They sent me another message saying that had made a mistake and meant to list the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique seperately. They did honor the sale and send me the playset  but mentioned a few times that their SO was angry that they had to send me the playset.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
Doing what I just did, not shipping an item out for a few days. I'm sorry, I got sick!  :yikes:
I haven't had any real horror stories, thankfully. I did order a Glory with her backcard and breathed the loudest breath of relief when I saw she was in a box instead of a mailer. I've heard too many stories about MoC ponies getting their cards folded right in half for shipping. Good on you, seller!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 09:24:33 AM »
A few months ago I bought a G3 playset that came with a couple of ponies. I was expecting one variant of Skywishes, and ended up with another. Not too big of a deal since I didn't have any version of her, but what made me mad was the fact that her hoof had been chewed, which was not mentioned in the description.
The same ponies came with their hair taped to their bodies and it left a nasty residue that only came off with nail polish remover.

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
I never understand why sellers think this is a good idea, surely it's common knowledge that ink transfers?
That suggests to me they're unaccustomed to soft-plastic dolls like ponies. Lots of other stuff like porcelain, hard-plastic toys like Transformers, etc. can be packed wrapped in newspaper just fine.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 10:41:11 AM »
I can only recall two bad experiences right now. One was a long time ago... I got G1 Surprise Mommy, she had been poorly wrapped in some tissue paper and in that horrible big brown tape that we use for packages. That tape was all around her symbols on both sides... I immediately disliked the pony just because of this. I complained to the seller but didn't leave a neg (was on Ebay). It wasn't actually until very little ago when I decided to part with her that I carefully attempted to remove the tape, glue and stains and I succeeded! Her new owner was so happy.

Second was just last week, a website that allows you to make offers around 4 or 5 times. I was offering on a lovely htf G1 Spain set which was way overpriced -seller is not a MLP collector just a toy reseller-. I knew they would say no at first offer 'cos if they have no clue, that's what they'd say... and so it was. I got a price suggestion which I declined and made another one slightly higher than the previous... and it was accepted. Just a bit after I get a message from the seller saying "oops I accepted by accident. However this set is worth 3 times its price it's a great deal, so if you want it for this price it's yours". Yeah right... as if you would know! And what happened next? She relisted for even higher than it was originally... let me tell you it's still hanging around at the site!

On another note, when I started selling I scr*wed up once! I was very very new into collecting and had a MIB Megan and Sundance set. It seems I took a stock photo online and sold it. When it reached its destination buyer tells me it's not the one on the picture, but another version... of course it was my mistake, I had no clue back then! She wanted the set in any case so I made a partial refund which buyer was happy about. That taught me that no matter what, I would always list my own photos, no matter if they aren't the best but at least you make sure it's the right item! I was so sorry and embarrassed that happened!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 10:42:01 AM »
That suggests to me they're unaccustomed to soft-plastic dolls like ponies. Lots of other stuff like porcelain, hard-plastic toys like Transformers, etc. can be packed wrapped in newspaper just fine.

Ahhh I thought everything would be affected! I used to be a paper girl and would have my hands covered in ink from the papers  :P

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 12:18:47 PM »
I had a seller wrap my newly bought WHITE shampoodle in newsprint...that was fun to clean -_-

I also had an etsy seller who was selling MIB Flutter Ponies lie to me for 2 weeks saying my items had shipped from Cananda, giving me fake tracking numbers and eventually just closing her etsy shop. I think I only put in a case once it came out on the arena :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal