collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony theories and headcanons?  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony theories and headcanons?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
Sparkler is G4 Rarity's real mother. She gave her up for adoption to pursue a career in a speciesist field, that's why none of Rarity's family members share her love for geology and look unfashionable.

Once a month Rarity received a check in the mail from a secret sponsor Hunger Games style. It was from Sparkler out of guilt and love for her lost daughter. Rarity used the money to fund her first boutique.

Sparkler had a new daughter who loves to shop at Rarity For You. Little does she know she is the owner's half-sister *dramatic music*

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »
-Even though we never saw The Prince/Scorpan again, he either made return visits to the ponies or Spike went back to visit him sometimes. Scopran's kingdom was devasted by Tirac's power and Scorpan decided to let Spike stay with the ponies until the kindgom was rebuilt.

Ooh, I like this one! I like Brightberry's headcanon, too :)

Thank you. :)  They seem to be too good of friends in Rescue at Midnight Castle for Scorpan and Spike to never see each other again. 

Sea ponies leave their babies in areas where there are no large predators and they join back with the rest of the adults  once they can swim properly and are fully grown.

Tales and G3 are a prosperous time period where educational, artistical and leisure are pursued over constant survival.

I really like these Leave a Whisper. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 06:28:49 PM »
Sparkler is G4 Rarity's real mother. She gave her up for adoption to pursue a career in a speciesist field, that's why none of Rarity's family members share her love for geology and look unfashionable.

Once a month Rarity received a check in the mail from a secret sponsor Hunger Games style. It was from Sparkler out of guilt and love for her lost daughter. Rarity used the money to fund her first boutique.

Sparkler had a new daughter who loves to shop at Rarity For You. Little does she know she is the owner's half-sister *dramatic music*

Oh wow, I love this.

I headcanon that baby ponies get to choose their own names when they reach a certain age, so that no one is stuck being "Snookums" or "Tattles" as an adult, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 03:21:04 AM »
I love coming up with these soap opera headcanons but I do nothing with it, so if someone wants to write a fanfic about it please be my guest. I'd love to read it  :) Especially the Rarity one.

I based it all on the Diamond Mint toy so that would be Rarity's half-sister.
Sparkler had to work with Rock Dogs all her life but eventually had enough money to move to Manehattan and start a new life where she met a nice stallion who was also interested in gems (Ice Crystal) and together they had Diamond Mint. Sparkler retired as a jeweler and Diamond Mint inherited the business and supplies Rarity with gems from time to time.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:22:48 AM by Zapper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 06:11:07 AM »
I looove that Rarity headcanon, Zapper!!

Baby Ember, Knightshade and his mother are half Dream Valley and half Bright Valley.

ooooh I hadn't considered Ember being a hybrid too :O I like it!!

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
  • The flocked ponies that we see are just them in their 'Summer' coats. When winter rolls around, they look like giant puff balls with hooves.
  • There are no Crystal Unicorns because of Sombra um... 'banishing' them early on in his reign. Don't want a rebel group of magic users rising up against you if you're a tyrannical king, now, would you?
  • Tempest Shadow becomes the first official member of Twilight's Royal Guard after the events of the MLP Movie.

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »

that's a fanfic in the making, right there. ;)
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 07:26:59 PM »
I like to think all the gens co-exist, but don't know it (except in my collection. :P ) This map (by Sunset80 on DeviantArt- I'm not sure if her Arena name is the same or different) is my headcanon map. The reason all the gens look different is that they are just different "races" of ponies from around the world. That also, to me, explains why there are similarities, differences, and similar breeds across all the gens- they're all just in different parts of the world rather than the generations taking place in a linear timeline, so there's bound to be similarities and differences everywhere.
Spoiler
I like the idea that those G4 Arabians are Dream Beauties. Maybe some of them migrated over to the G4 lands many years ago? Same goes for the rest of the breeds that carry across gens!

Also it's bizarre that some baby ponies come from the magic mirror, and some seem to be actually erm, born, so I headcanon that most of the pony babies are naturally born, and that's how you get a new pony altogether- the mirror just kind of replicates the pony as a baby version.

I also like to headcanon that Pretty Kitties live among the ponies and are essentially just like Pony Friends. (They'd be good friends with Kingsly! :P )
This kinda ties in with that- I also totally agree with what others have said here, there are probably tons of different monsters and creatures that live alongside ponies in their world- we've only seen a few. Their world seems relatively unexplored and mystical, home to many different kinds of fantasy creatures, along with ponies. Ponies are just the most prominent population, like humans. (but better. XD )
(This is kinda how I shoe-horn my fantasy dolls into being able to have something to do with the ponies. They're all fantasy creatures so I like to think they live in the same lands, but don't really know about the ponies or what they call the lands, so they have different names for them. I guess like how in English we call other countries by entirely different names than what they call themselves. Monster High Neighthan is the only one who knows about the ponies and is able to find their little civilizations, because of unicorn magic or whatever, he's a zombie-unicorn hybrid. I'm sure he'd probably actually terrify them) So really, you could kinda insert most other toys/creatures into the pony world and it kinda works.

Personal collection headcanons, because this will be longish
Spoiler
As for personal collection canons, my My Pretty Pony is a baseball fan. Just because she came with a baseball team cap that is exactly her size when I got her. xD She came with her box and all accessories in near mint condition, it looks like she was only taken out a couple times. Someone must have stuck that hat in there as a kid and the seller, maybe a parent, thought it just went with her anyway. So I decided that over her 37 or so years of life she took an interest in baseball? XD

-I also have lots of motley crue pony families. For example, my G4 fashion style Applejack, Tex, funko Big Mac, and Applebloom are all a cowpoke family. Lucky is Tex's nephew, uh, somehow, since he doesn't have any parents. My Lil Sweetcake and Brother Sweet Celebrations are siblings, because I don't have his family. If I ever did get them, she'd be the adopted baby of their family. Aurora Mist and Silverglow are sisters. Cupcake and Gingerbread are sisters. Starcatcher is Honolulu's mother (As a kid I didn't have Starcatcher though, so G3 Sweetie Belle was her mother, but I always wanted Starcatcher to be her mother. Maybe Sweetie Belle was her adopted mother, and once Honolulu found her real mom she went on to have her own baby, G4 Sweetie Belle?) And most ponies that look extremely similar but slightly off end up being sisters, or related (like Chocolate Chipper and Triple Treat)

-As a kid, Starsong and Sweetsong were half sisters, but Starsong (I had the Halloween version with the witch hat) left to go to witch academy and be trained by Abracadabra and her apprentice, Pumpkin Tart., who wasn't actually a witch but was magic, and could actually transform back into a real cat, which was G1 Twinkles. Pumpkin Tart was her own special breed of pony, Purrpony. (I got the name from Ponyisland))

-Tex has a new cowpoke family now but apparently lives a secret double life because when I was a kid his family was totally different. His wife was G3 Royal Bouquet, and they had 5 babies, Tic Tac Toe, Lucky, and twins Big Top & Toppy and Doodles & Noodles. G3 Gem Blossom was their crazy aunt. They all lived in the G1 Nursery and my G1 stable shaped carry case was Tex's workshop for some reason. 

-I also collect dragons, as a kid I had a lot of toy dragons. They lived on one side of the room (the good ones on their "mountain" aka dresser, the evil ones under the bed in their gianormous underground caverns) and the ponies lived on the other (In their "castle" which was the pony shelf). They were constantly at war with each other. Sometimes if a game was starting to get a little boring I'd have some dragons randomly fly over and burn a pony city down or something and have absolute chaos to spice it up lol.

Zapper, I also really love your Rarity headcanons!! <3
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:38:09 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 07:42:19 PM »
I like to think all the gens co-exist, but don't know it (except in my collection. :P ) This map (by Sunset80 on DeviantArt- I'm not sure if her Arena name is the same or different) is my headcanon map. The reason all the gens look different is that they are just different "races" of ponies from around the world. That also, to me, explains why there are similarities, differences, and similar breeds across all the gens- they're all just in different parts of the world rather than the generations taking place in a linear timeline, so there's bound to be similarities and differences everywhere.
Spoiler
I like the idea that those G4 Arabians are Dream Beauties. Maybe some of them migrated over to the G4 lands many years ago? Same goes for the rest of the breeds that carry across gens!

Also it's bizarre that some baby ponies come from the magic mirror, and some seem to be actually erm, born, so I headcanon that most of the pony babies are naturally born, and that's how you get a new pony altogether- the mirror just kind of replicates the pony as a baby version.

I also like to headcanon that Pretty Kitties live among the ponies and are essentially just like Pony Friends. (They'd be good friends with Kingsly! :P )
This kinda ties in with that- I also totally agree with what others have said here, there are probably tons of different monsters and creatures that live alongside ponies in their world- we've only seen a few. Their world seems relatively unexplored and mystical, home to many different kinds of fantasy creatures, along with ponies. Ponies are just the most prominent population, like humans. (but better. XD )
(This is kinda how I shoe-horn my fantasy dolls into being able to have something to do with the ponies. They're all fantasy creatures so I like to think they live in the same lands, but don't really know about the ponies or what they call the lands, so they have different names for them. I guess like how in English we call other countries by entirely different names than what they call themselves. Monster High Neighthan is the only one who knows about the ponies and is able to find their little civilizations, because of unicorn magic or whatever, he's a zombie-unicorn hybrid. I'm sure he'd probably actually terrify them) So really, you could kinda insert most other toys/creatures into the pony world and it kinda works.

Personal collection headcanons, because this will be longish
Spoiler
As for personal collection canons, my My Pretty Pony is a baseball fan. Just because she came with a baseball team cap that is exactly her size when I got her. xD She came with her box and all accessories in near mint condition, it looks like she was only taken out a couple times. Someone must have stuck that hat in there as a kid and the seller, maybe a parent, thought it just went with her anyway. So I decided that over her 37 or so years of life she took an interest in baseball? XD

-I also have lots of motley crue pony families. For example, my G4 fashion style Applejack, Tex, funko Big Mac, and Applebloom are all a cowpoke family. Lucky is Tex's nephew, uh, somehow, since he doesn't have any parents. My Lil Sweetcake and Brother Sweet Celebrations are siblings, because I don't have his family. If I ever did get them, she'd be the adopted baby of their family. Aurora Mist and Silverglow are sisters. Cupcake and Gingerbread are sisters. Starcatcher is Honolulu's mother (As a kid I didn't have Starcatcher though, so G3 Sweetie Belle was her mother, but I always wanted Starcatcher to be her mother. Maybe Sweetie Belle was her adopted mother, and once Honolulu found her real mom she went on to have her own baby, G4 Sweetie Belle?) And most ponies that look extremely similar but slightly off end up being sisters, or related (like Chocolate Chipper and Triple Treat)

-As a kid, Starsong and Sweetsong were half sisters, but Starsong (I had the Halloween version with the witch hat) left to go to witch academy and be trained by Abracadabra and her apprentice, Pumpkin Tart., who wasn't actually a witch but was magic, and could actually transform back into a real cat, which was G1 Twinkles. Pumpkin Tart was her own special breed of pony, Purrpony. (I got the name from Ponyisland))

-Tex has a new cowpoke family now but apparently lives a secret double life because when I was a kid his family was totally different. His wife was G3 Royal Bouquet, and they had 5 babies, Tic Tac Toe, Lucky, and twins Big Top & Toppy and Doodles & Noodles. G3 Gem Blossom was their crazy aunt. They all lived in the G1 Nursery and my G1 stable shaped carry case was Tex's workshop for some reason. 

-I also collect dragons, as a kid I had a lot of toy dragons. They lived on one side of the room (the good ones on their "mountain" aka dresser, the evil ones under the bed in their gianormous underground caverns) and the ponies lived on the other (In their "castle" which was the pony shelf). They were constantly at war with each other. Sometimes if a game was starting to get a little boring I'd have some dragons randomly fly over and burn a pony city down or something and have absolute chaos to spice it up lol.

Zapper, I also really love your Rarity headcanons!! <3

Makes lotsa sense to me Esbayne.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 06:47:04 AM »
I tend to treat each series as its own universe, due to differences in established info about the settings and how they work, as well as different interpretations of recycled characters (Big example: G1 Tirac vs the G4 version. Different abilities, method, and goals, also different fates. And the accompanying differences regarding each version of Scorpan).

Here's one I came up with last night while working on a checklist:
"Pony Bride"'s proper name is Wedding Dove. Also, she and the other "wedding" ponies aren't necessarily brides themselves, but rather wedding wear models or bridal coaches.

And here's a silly one:
Bubble Muffin was originally a mail carrier in the G1 universe. But she moved to the G4 universe to reduce stress after the sheer amount of shared names in G1 drove her crosseyed. :P
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:13:38 PM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 06:22:12 AM »
Finally remembered one I keep forgetting: Ember has the ability to change her coat and mane color, and discovered this after the events of RAMC
should be perma-moderated

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
Finally remembered one I keep forgetting: Ember has the ability to change her coat and mane color, and discovered this after the events of RAMC

Hehe, I like this one :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:58 AM »

Oh, I really like that!

I was just contemplating the headcanon that Ember grows up to become Princess Celestia.  Aunicorn can become an alicorn, so why not an earth pony?  And she has a fire / heat related name that would fit the sun theme.  She grew up to be her own special little pony.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 05:07:05 AM »
FiM headcanon: The magic of friendship can be used by anyone, not just the elements of harmony. Which means that if a close-knit group of evil ponies decided to attack Equestria, the mane 6 wouldn't be able to simply friendship magic their way out of it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
  • The flocked ponies that we see are just them in their 'Summer' coats. When winter rolls around, they look like giant puff balls with hooves.
  • There are no Crystal Unicorns because of Sombra um... 'banishing' them early on in his reign. Don't want a rebel group of magic users rising up against you if you're a tyrannical king, now, would you?
  • Tempest Shadow becomes the first official member of Twilight's Royal Guard after the events of the MLP Movie.

So kinda like Bashkir Curlies?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal