collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony theories and headcanons?  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Pony theories and headcanons?
« on: May 29, 2018, 05:34:02 PM »
Rather than talking too much and making a fool of myself, I'll simply ask a straightfoward question to anyone who desires to answer: what are some of your pony headcanons and theories? (all generations accepted)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:47:52 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: Pony theories and headcanons?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:18:55 PM »
Hm..
For G1:
* Majesty exists in the world of the original cartoon series, but during the series' events she's away on a long-term mission of some kind
* The Year 5 Princess Ponies are Majesty's daughters
* Rosedust and Honeysuckle are a couple
* Scoops and Lickety-Split are a couple
* The magic mirror from the UK comic exists in the cartoon universe too, since we do after all have the quasi-clone babies there too.
* Megan and her siblings ultimately move to Ponyland.

G3:
* The G3 cartoon takes place in a world where Ponykind at long last managed to vanquish everything out to destroy the world/take over the world/enslave them in ages past, though the population took something of a hit and the pony kinds were scattered and separated.
should be perma-moderated

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »
off the top of my head.. mostly pertaining to the G1 cartoon..

- Knight Shade is half Grayvale pony and half Little Pony/Dream Valley pony
- Capper is a (distant?) descendant of Catrina's (and Rep's probably) (probably doesn't make sense - I haven't seen the G4 movie so idk - but it amuses me)
- The Big Brothers set off on their trip around the world just prior to the movie; Buttons is on edge due to missing Slugger/worrying about him, thus why she snaps at Baby Lickety-Split after the failed recital
- A headcanon shared w/ a pal of mine: G1 Teddy is G4 Snips' older brother, and their dad is Barber Groomsby. Baby Squirmy is Snails' little sister (and Allie Way is either his older sister or his mum, can't decide which one I like better).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 07:16:51 PM »
I love the idea of Capper being a descent of Catrina. :)

-The G1 fancy mermaid babies are the last of their kind and the adult sea ponies have taken them in and take care of them

-Megan makes more visits to Ponyland than we see in the cartoons and movies. That's why she has the Rainbow of Light at the begining of the movie even though we saw her give it to Baby Moondancer at the end of Catrina.

-There are more creatures living in Dream Valley than we've seen in the cartoons and comics

-When Bray says that the Moochick and baby ponies were captured in "Return to Tambleon" they were captured and on their way to the city when it dissappeared

-Applejack is brave and always ready to rescue a friend when she thinks they're in trouble but her tendency to not think things through before she acts often leads to Applejack needing rescuing herself.

-Even though we never saw The Prince/Scorpan again, he either made return visits to the ponies or Spike went back to visit him sometimes. Scopran's kingdom was devasted by Tirac's power and Scorpan decided to let Spike stay with the ponies until the kindgom was rebuilt.

-Sunburst is royal advisor to Shining Armor and Princess Cadance 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:37:57 PM »
The pearlized baby ponies (the mail order set of Baby Glory, Baby Surprise, etc) are alternate universe versions of the 'regular' baby ponies.

Teddy and Sweetheart married just after high school, made each other miserable for a few years, then had a messy divorce.  Teddy is currently in jail for assaulting the pony who came to repossess his car.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 03:20:59 AM »
FiM is not real. AJ actually bumped her head when she fell off the bridge in RaMC and entered into a long coma.
That's why she didn't age when she appears again three gens later in G4. The end of FiM will reveal this massive plot twist. I am a 100% sure this will happen :lol:
Spike shares her coma due to unicorn magic inception, trying to wake her up. But he gets lost in AJ's dream.
Season 9 ends with both of them waking up and being back in Ponyville hospital.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 03:53:55 PM »
As a kid, just after seeing RAMC, I kind of put this together: 

The ponies used to live outdoors and very close to nature, friends with the sun & clouds and roaming free just like wild horses.  But the "stratadons" started hunting them and they were forced to migrate to safer territory.  A few of them eventually find an empty castle and take refuge there, believing they were finally safe.  After they defeat Tirac, Scorpan turns into a prince and gives them his castle out of gratitude.  More ponies slowly started showing up.

I really haven't changed my head cannon since then.  But I suppose  that after living in a castle, the ponies decided to keep building and eventually worked up to creating cities and countries.    :shrug:

It's not very original, but I still kind of love the idea of ponies running wild. 
 :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
I have a ton of headcanons actually:

For G1:

G1 and G4 are directly related. Majesty is a male, and him and Queen Tiffany (yes, by right SHE should be queen!) have Celestia and Luna as their children
The other princesses guard over the earth, unicorn, and pegasi herds.

G3:

They come BEFORE G1 actually, as they use herds of ponies to raise the sun and moon. The Sun Brigade is lead by Queen Lily Lightly and the Moon Brigade is lead by King Star Catcher, and run by other sun and moon themed ponies.

Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
Teddy and Sweetheart married just after high school, made each other miserable for a few years, then had a messy divorce.  Teddy is currently in jail for assaulting the pony who came to repossess his car.
Lol, this is exactly how it happens. I can confirm.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »
I ship TAF Sweet Tooth and Yum Yum.

Scented ponies are just wearing perfume.

Baby ponies are simply clones of their mothers.

Ponies that I have two of are twins (I'm a twin myself so of course I want more pony twins!)

Moondancer and Glory are sisters

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »
More on G1:
* Ponykind came up with magical means of reproduction as a response to the seemingly-endless perils they faced - gave the foals a better chance of survival.
* While the quasi-clone babies like Baby Surprise, Baby Lickety-Split, Baby Shady, etc. are born via the mirror, the more distinct-looking babies like the Newborn Twins are conventionally conceived. I mean, come on - what serial preceded the episodes where they first appeared and were featured? Somnambula, featuring the Big Brother Ponies.
* Megan brought pony medical knowledge back to Earth and adapted it to advance veterinary medicine
* Ponyland was able to develop more after in the years after the events of the cartoon because with so many threats vanquished and their defenses stronger (Megan with the Rainbow of Light, the alliance with the Flutter Ponies, the Princess Ponies reclaiming the Heart of Ponyland, etc), they actually had the breathing space to build more towns and infrastructure. Which made Steamer and 4-speed very happy.
* Baby Ponies named after their mothers are called (name) Jr. or (name) II when they grow up because it sounds less awkward. Babies with unique names just drop the "Baby"
* Glory is a fan of the Jet Set Radio games

Here are a couple universal ones:
* The different generations exist in alternate universes.
* The various Twilights are getting really sick of the vampire jokes. :P
should be perma-moderated

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 11:28:52 PM »
some g2 theories (since no one's done any yet)

Spoiler
MLP g2 theories

Silver Swirl, being a guardian angel, serves the royal adviser who offers her wisdom, mystical knowledge, and protection to Queen Majesty. By doing so, she enables Majesty to benefit from any situation, aiding in the guidance and discipline Majesty gives to her subjects, and the destruction and punishment that is delivered to enemies who harm her subjects.

Sunsparkle and Globe Trotter are adventurous bff’s who travel the land and have explored many places together. They aided in guiding Majesty’s unruly daughters, Princess Luna and Celestia to fabled land of legend, the Crystal Empire, for them to strengthen their sibling bond.

Stardust and Moondust are the colt and filly twins of g1 Princess Moondust. They are enamored with magic due to watching their mother usher in the night, and their aunt Sunbeam bring the day. As Stardust grows up, she battles with insecurities and depression over her race as an earth pony, believing  herself to be inadequate in the shadow of the one pony everyone else looks up to- Queen Majesty, a unicorn. Hiding this fact from her mother, Stardust goes to Twinklestar the Wishmaker to ask to be transformed into a unicorn. After turning down her request many times, Twinklestar eventually gives in and grants the wish. When confronted by her daughter afterward, Princess Moondust is horrified and deeply saddened. In attempt to regain her mom’s affections and admiration, Stardust pores over magic studies like never before; often times locking herself away in the library for days with little food or rest. Eventually, her mind begins to become corrupted, harboring resentment for her brother, Moondust, who she believes to be stealing their mom’s affections exclusively along with doubt of her own worth due to being what she suspects is a weaker sex, in spite of her magical prowess. She, at first, concocts a vile scheme to permanently eradicate her brother one night, under cover of darkness so that she’ll no longer feel the need to compete for their mother’s attention, but loses the nerve and runs away into the night. She wanders within the Magic Rainbow forest for many moons until she winds up winning into an ethereal pony who introduces himself as Star Swirl, the brother of Silver Swirl. Stardust stays with him for a while, and eventually comes to focus so much on her doubts and discouragement with herself and what she believes to be the loss of attention from her mother, that she grows to realize that she’d be better off as a stallion, and she wishes for it under a rare moonbeam while in the magical forest. Though the process of switching genders was relatively prompt, as she woke up the next morning to find herself as a male, the emotional effects, he found, still remained and took a lot longer to get used to. Star Swirl, after having practically adopted him at this point, renames Stardust ‘Starswirl’, then later (teasingly) adorning him with the title ‘the bearded’, once he begins to grow a bit of hair on his chin’- a name that stuck. Much later, Starswirl becomes the greatest unicorn in recorded history and serves at the tutor to Queen Majesty’s young daughters, Celestia and Luna.
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 02:52:38 AM »
-Even though we never saw The Prince/Scorpan again, he either made return visits to the ponies or Spike went back to visit him sometimes. Scopran's kingdom was devasted by Tirac's power and Scorpan decided to let Spike stay with the ponies until the kindgom was rebuilt.

Ooh, I like this one! I like Brightberry's headcanon, too :)

* The various Twilights are getting really sick of the vampire jokes. :P

:biggrin:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 08:30:24 AM »
G3 is a female utopia similar to the island of Themyscira. There are no males so the baby ponies are produced via G1magic mirror technique.

Santa is the only male they know so they assume all males look red, fat and have a white beard. They teach this concept in pony elementary school :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 09:01:30 AM »
Baby Paws is Fifi's son.

Baby Ember, Knightshade and his mother are half Dream Valley and half Bright Valley.

Beezen is a magical, corrupt and greedy wizard who deals in real estate.

Wingers, Breezies and Changelings are classified in the same group as Flutters.  Similar to how zebras, horses and donkeys are all equines, but only produce sterile offspring for example.

Sea ponies leave their babies in areas where there are no large predators and they join back with the rest of the adults  once they can swim properly and are fully grown.

Tales and G3 are a prosperous time period where educational, artistical and leisure are pursued over constant survival.

That ponies from Tales onward secluded themselves via magical barrier, from the rest of the world, the rainbow magically disappeared and that's why they had so little contact with the outside world and why we no longer see many of the species we used to.

Its also why places like the Everfree and such confuse and frighten them. They are rediscovering the world they'd forgotten ever existed. Its not some cursed place with weather, plant and animal control. It would be the equivalent of an animal raised in captivity and finding itself released back in the wild.

That sea and merponies are aquatic monotremes.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:38:10 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal