collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you display..?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
How do you display..?
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:05:22 AM »
I have a little problem with how I should display my ponies where different ponies have the same accessories.  Ok if it just a comb or brush, then they will get their own, but for example the Play n Care babies and their BBE counterparts, the ponies are different, but the acessories are the same.  It feels a litle over the top to have two setups of the same accessories for each pony, so I'm thinking that (If I get the BBE versions at all, that is :P ) that they may share the accessories between them.

How have you solved this? And what are your thought about it?
Pictures of displays are always welcome :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: How do you display..?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:07:54 AM »
I don't have space to display any ponies really, they all live int he cupboard and so the accessories are stored separately - but I don't have duplicate accessories for the Play and Care Set babies and the BBE babies. For me they belong to the PACS babies but I would probably do as you are thinking and display them with the BBE baby as well, so they share.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »
Most of my ponies are stowed away in a bin on my bookshelves, and in my closet. But I do have a few I keep out on display.

Some of them are displayed on a wall shelf, those being the Flutter Ponies and the Mane 6:

(This photo is painfully out of date. The Flutters have received updated homemade wings, the painting has been put away to make room for a Lego Star Wars poster, the disk drives have been put in my computer, and the Transformers have been shuffled a bit)

The others are on display on my dresser, in or next to Dream Castle:

Seen here: Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Molly and Baby Sundance, Firefly, Star Catcher, the talking Princess Celestia, and G3 Scootaloo
should be perma-moderated

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:23:50 PM »
My ponies are all displayed with their playsets/accessories. I have a huge thing about collecting all the accessories for all my ponies and so when i accumulate something for a pony I have, it gets displayed with them. Only 5 pf my ponies don't yet have their accessories, but im always on the lookout for them! For example, I bought two baby buggies because I have both the normal and BBE Baby Cuddles. They're both displayed proudly next to each other.

I think I actually have a problem because I have a huge box of brushes, ribbons and accessories that don't belong to any of the ponies I have. My mum says I should sell them, so I can buy more ponies, but what if i sell them and then I get a pony who I had the accessories for? I'd be gutted.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 04:15:28 AM »
I only bring out my accessories when I’m setting up dioramas, otherwise they are stored and only the ponies are on display. But I love the idea of sharing the accessories between the two sets of babies - that sounds adorable.

Elf

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 08:15:56 AM »
G1 in cases everyone else on racks and shelves

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »
I have mine by there generation and pose. All of the same poses are on the same shelves!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 12:12:03 AM »
These are my ponies! As a kid I was a firm believer in "no pony discrimination or segregation" (omg XD) so all my ponies were all over the place on the shelves, all gens intermixed.
As I got older I realized it makes certain ponies hard to see and it just looks very pleasing and a bit more formal to have them separated by gen. I do still have a few here and there who are on mixed shelves, and my shelves are far from organized. (I need risers so badly! D: Have been searching! It seems cheaper to buy them than make them) but they look a bit nicer now.

The top shelf are ones that I like, but am not overly fond of and can live without seeing everyday until I get risers. (I am super short so I can only see the front row of the top shelf) It is mostly G3 but Kingsly and Creamsicle get special places of honor up there. All my favourite ponies get a special place in the very front row of the shelf, so I can see them better.
The second and third shelves are G1, again with all my faves in the front, although it is hard to pick with my G1s because I truly love them allllll but luckily they are all relatively tall enough that I can see them all and the babies in between them. The third shelf has 2 G4 and 5 G2, because I have a "cowpoke" family (G4 Applejack, G3 Applejack, Tex, Big Mac, Applebloom) that I don't like to separate, and my G2's aren't plentiful enough to have their own shelf (YET. >:D ) so they hang out with the Flutters in the front row of lovelies.
That would make the 4th shelf G3 (again), and the fifth G4. For my G3 ones, the "favourites in the front" rule doesn't apply to so much, because I don't have a lot favourites, and more G3 than I do G1 which makes it harder. Usually the most special ones go in the front. (Abra-Cadabra, Pumpkin Tart, Snowflake, and Tropical Surprise will always have that spot in the front on those shelves) Some overflow G3 are on the G4 shelf. I just have so damn many of them... I blame thrifting. >.>
The top is where I keep my MEGA PONIES, which are my big G3 and G4 fashion styles and my lovely My Pretty Pony. My Pretty Kitty, vintage hair stylin LPS red kitty, ornament Pinkie Pie, blind box Daring Do, and Playskool Daisy Dreams are also up there because they have nowhere else to go. Also, two blindbag sized ponies- Barber Groomsby and a Ponyville, god I don't even know his name but he has a coat and a huge bushy white beard, one of the Apple family doods. They're both up there because I find them hilarious- they have angry expressions and facial hair and it cracks me up everytime I see them.
The rest of my blindbags/other blindbox ponies/Ponyville ponies are in a small heap in front of the shelves because they are waiting for me to someday find proper nail-polish-bottle shelves for them. They were in a plastic bag tied up and tucked away, but I like to see them, but they take up way too much space on the G4 shelf. So now they are in a small heap and I sift through them if I'm looking at them. Until I find those holy grail nail-polish shelves. Where do those even come from!? My guess is random Chinese sites?

The ponies are also surrounded by monster and fantasy dolls which are less in number but take up more room because they're bigger.

(This is a bad photo but the ceiling light is in my way, it was dark outside when I took this so no natural light for me :c or the dolls and ponies)
My Draenei BJD and big ole' horses for the dolls are hanging out on the sidelines towards the bottom of the picture.
(that piece of paper has the baby G4 merpony names on it- I have a hard time remembering pony names if they don't have symbols so I have to write it down and see it a few times to remember)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:14:21 AM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
I'm going to admit I don't really collect the accessories apart from some of the G2 ones and some of the pets (I like some of the ones from guardians of harmony too, but those I buy new), though I probably would buy the ones for playsets. Either way, I think buying just one and displaying the ponies that use it together would be best since it saves space and money you could use for ponies you don't have yet.

As for me I have shelves in my bedroom and computer room that I display my ponies in various parts of; I have quite a few collections and also store books and DVDs on those shelves so I have ponies peeking out of random places

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:54 AM »
Guess it'd be better to post this here rather than make a new thread about it!

I went to Lowe's last night and got yet another shelf. I've been working hard the past few weeks getting more shelves up on my wall to maximize the amount of space I have to display my collections. A few weeks ago I got up three shelves, and put my Monster High dolls, Ever After High dolls, and my fakies up on them. Last week I got another shelf, for my Barbie dolls which I've recently began collecting. So last night I got another for the purpose of expanding my G4.5 section, which was in desperate need of that, since everything was so smushed together. Merchandise was all over the place among the ponies themselves, all the books were scattered in various places. Every time I got a new piece of G4.5 merch (which I just define as any merch made after the G4 logo changed), I would stuggle to be able to fit it somewhere.

Anyway, here's what it looked like before:

Spoiler

As you can see, there was a lot of merch taking up room on the white shelf, with some figures on and in front of some of it. Some things (such as Amazon seapony Pinkie) were stuffed behind Seaquestria because there wasn't enough room to put them anywhere else. Some of the books were just being used to elevate other things by being stacked horizontally, other books were in between the bed shelf and the CD rack. And there was hardly any room for anything else, it was a mess honestly.

And here's what it looks like now:

Spoiler
Most of the merch is now limited to just being here, I've also got some small figures hanging out here too. The books are finally displayed properly.

Equestria Girls are on the top of this shelf now (plus the Songbird ornament). Various other ponies are below that, and on the bottom part of the shelf we have some larger brushable ponies, and normal sized brushable ponies. These normal ones are ones where I have more than one of these characters, but these are different versions so they're still on display. All my other normal ponies are on the castle. The box the normal ones are on here is the only piece of merchandise that isn't on the shelf in the image above.

Down below the white shelf is where most of the Guardians of Harmony stuff is displayed, and some more various small pony figures in front of them. I've also got around to finally hanging up the poster that came with a pony magazine behind here, it fit there perfectly. Flip & Flow Twilight is also hanging out here, right next to Seaquestria, but I may move her up onto where I have the normal brushables on the white shelf, since pearly seapony Twilight is already displayed on the castle.

Speaking of the castle, here it is. Remained unchanged from before.

And then we've got stuff displayed here too. Amazon Pinkie, another Rainbow piggy bank, some small plushes, and the tower that came with Seaquestria.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 09:28:18 AM »
I personally don't care for accessories at all, but the ones I do have are stored away in a drawer. I only have the ponies on display. Makes everything much neater I think.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »
Those are some impressive displays, TheBeatlesPkmnFan42! Awesome work! Is Seaquestria mounted on hooks or something?
should be perma-moderated

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
I keep accessories in a plastic organizer like one would use for beads.  One day I will have a pony house and all their things can be on display but not at the moment :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 10:38:28 AM »
Nice and tidy Beatles. :iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
Those are some impressive displays, TheBeatlesPkmnFan42! Awesome work! Is Seaquestria mounted on hooks or something?

Nah, it's sitting on my bed's shelf/bookcase portion.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal