collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Golden Glow

have a version
12 (23.5%)
want a version
21 (41.2%)
army
1 (2%)
I'll pass
7 (13.7%)
new to me
10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 22, 2018, 05:34:47 AM

Author Topic: POTD 10/17/18 Golden Glow  (Read 2260 times)

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 10/17/18 Golden Glow
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 01:48:13 PM »
She's new to me.  I don't know much about the G2's who were not sold in the US.  I'd very much like to collect them, there are some really pretty ones I've seen, but right now G1 is still my priority.  I really like Golden Glow now that I've seen her, I hope I can have her some day!
~RavenPaw
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 05:48:11 AM »
I have the original one which came with the wings. I have her in package. I thought I sold her, but apparently I didn't as I found her last summer O.o. So I have her xD. The one that isn't yellow.

I also have Princess Lumiere, which is what I call Princess Golden Light because she came from France and I never knew the English name for any of these till much later on xD. So the last one in the picture list. Again, MOC, on French card :) bought from (probably) Galeries La Fayette in Paris in around 2000 or 2001. Apparently she cost 47 francs.

I don't have the yellow unicorn or version 3.

I also would never have connected Golden Glow to Golden Light. To me they are very different ponies...
I made the connection based on the shared symbol (version 1 and 3). I have difficult time saying they're two different ponies when they've got the same thing on their rump... keeping it original Hasrro.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 06:42:23 AM »
I have the original one which came with the wings. I have her in package. I thought I sold her, but apparently I didn't as I found her last summer O.o. So I have her xD. The one that isn't yellow.

I also have Princess Lumiere, which is what I call Princess Golden Light because she came from France and I never knew the English name for any of these till much later on xD. So the last one in the picture list. Again, MOC, on French card :) bought from (probably) Galeries La Fayette in Paris in around 2000 or 2001. Apparently she cost 47 francs.

I also would never have connected Golden Glow to Golden Light. To me they are very different ponies...
I made the connection based on the shared symbol (version 1 and 3). I have difficult time saying they're two different ponies when they've got the same thing on their rump... keeping it original Hasrro.

I think a lot of the G2 ponies have similar/identical symbols. I actually didn't realize until I was identifying one of my G2s. Maybe Hasbro lost their creative symbol streak during the G2 phase?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
Some of these are new to me :) I'd love the winged unicorn version someday, and I wouldn't mind one or two of the others, either. I love G2s.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »
I don't have her and won't go out looking for her on purpose, but if I happened to come across her she would stay. I love that her horn is a different colour: I actually did that when I was a kid to my childhood Powder. I remember doing it. With a silver permanent marker. That went green with time. So I have had to repaint the horn and it is silver once more as the green wouldn't budge.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 12:44:21 AM »
I have all the versions loose, still searching for her with wings moc (the golden one) :)
Really like the winged ones  ^.^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 06:50:39 AM »

Well, it;s not like I'm complaining about it, I mean they're all pretty so why not? Just don't seem like the same ponies to me. Snuzzle and Peachy share symbols but are different colours with different names...so..:/

G2 is weird though with variations and rereleases. Who knows...for me Golden Glow and Lumiere are different pony characters, but I'm thinking of the one with the wings symbol and light body and the earth pony all in yellow...who are very different....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
To me Golden Glow I is a different pony than Golden Light . . . Golden Light has a stylized sun as her symbol while Golden Glow I has wings, like other "Glow" unicorns.  They do kind of have the same 'shape' on their rumps (RUMP DESIGN, ha ha), but still . . . sun vs wings . . .

Golden Glow II is totally Golden Light inspired, though.  Maybe she's the love child of Golden Light and Golden Glow I.  :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:31:12 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »
I dont have her and I dont collect G2s. Though I always will like Princess Sapphire. Golden light is a close second. I love to see customs of these girls in any g1,g3 or g4 generation.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 06:55:50 PM »
Aw crud didn't know there were more than 2 versions of her... so now I'm going to have to rethink my art for her XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal