collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help please - quarantining sticky ponies, where and for how long?  (Read 457 times)

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
When sorting out the ponies I found that Tulip was a bit sticky to the touch - not majorly tacky but that sort of 'is she, isn't she' stickiness. I guess this might be the start of the plasticiser breaking down so I've removed her from the cabinet and put her in 'quarantine' on an open shelf in another room.

I've read the posts about VOCs on here - thanks for the information - 2 questions though

how large should a quarantine zone away from other ponies be? she's on an open shelf about 20cms from any other pony (my 2 old reprobates Poser Beachball and Peg-leg Moonstone live at the other end of the shelf, though they are handled a lot as they get to be models for craft stuff so I think I'd feel any stickiness quickly on them.) The room is airy and used a lot so well ventilated.

I know it's a difficult thing to answer as it all depends upon a combination of factors but about how long does it take for the plasticiser to leach - is quarantine likely to be weeks or months or years approximately?

the other thing is that the shelf catches afternoon sun through the window (UK sun only). Is Tulip a known tanner?

Thank you

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Help please - quarantining sticky ponies, where and for how long?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 05:44:29 AM »
As long as she's in an open and ventilated area, everything should be fine. The problem comes when the vapors given of by the sticky pony get trapped with other plastics. The good news is it'll only affect ponies that would have started leaking eventually anyway. It's a manufacturing issue to start with, not something that "just happens"

As far as how long, it can take years. But really, as long as she's not touching anything and you don't store her in a plastic container with other ponies, things should be okay :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Help please - quarantining sticky ponies, where and for how long?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:09:03 AM »
You should always try to avoid sunlight touching your ponies unless you're trying to sunfade them!  Put up some curtains in that room!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal