collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wanted to share with you: My mare story!  (Read 3220 times)

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted to share with you: My mare story!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »
For a 3yr he's already well bulked! Glad my post have made a little shine in our heart, and hope you own boy brings as much joy as you expected after your loss :biggrin:

They are very chunky little ponies - but very athletic and light on their feet.

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
Your story was so wonderful to read!  When I was a little girl I was just like you, always dreaming about horses and ponies, desperate to be around them and to ride, and always asking my parents for a pony.  The pony never happened of course, in fact it's still a running joke with my mother.  She'll ask me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, and I'll still say a pony.  It's a running joke with my friends as well, whenever they say "guess what?" I always say "you won the lottery and you're buying me a pony?" Hah!  :P  Even as an adult I'm still dreaming of finally one day owning a horse and riding whenever I want.  But as my parents always explained to me as a child, buying the horse is the cheap part - keeping the horse is a whole lot more expensive!  They were right of course.  I keep looking at horses advertised for lease or sale and fantasise about buying, but I just don't have the money.  It might be different if I lived in a more rural area, but being in the inner suburbs of a major city means stables are few and far between and are double the price for lessons or agistment.  Horse ownership I fear shall always be out of my grasp  :( 

Reading your story actually gave me real joy.  You're living the dream!  You stuck it out through the rough patches and you bought your dream horse!  You learned together and became a team, and you both look wonderful.  She really does look like a different horse in the before and after pictures.  She looks healthier and happier!  She has lovely colouring, I can totally see why you fell in love with her.  The two of you have shared a special journey and you've both come so far in skill and confidence and trust.  I'm so happy for you, really.  I hope that one day I can make my horsey dreams come true like you have!  Please definitely keep sharing your stories here - I for one really enjoy reading about your experiences  :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 11:03:15 AM »
Great story and photos!

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »
They are very chunky little ponies - but very athletic and light on their feet.

I didn't know the breed well, but I believe you :biggrin:
Those rustic breeds are always the "best"!

Your story was so wonderful to read!  When I was a little girl I was just like you, always dreaming about horses and ponies, desperate to be around them and to ride, and always asking my parents for a pony.  The pony never happened of course, in fact it's still a running joke with my mother.  She'll ask me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, and I'll still say a pony.  It's a running joke with my friends as well, whenever they say "guess what?" I always say "you won the lottery and you're buying me a pony?" Hah!  :P  Even as an adult I'm still dreaming of finally one day owning a horse and riding whenever I want.  But as my parents always explained to me as a child, buying the horse is the cheap part - keeping the horse is a whole lot more expensive!  They were right of course.  I keep looking at horses advertised for lease or sale and fantasise about buying, but I just don't have the money.  It might be different if I lived in a more rural area, but being in the inner suburbs of a major city means stables are few and far between and are double the price for lessons or agistment.  Horse ownership I fear shall always be out of my grasp  :( 

Your parents were so right. Also, it's very less expensive in the rural part.
When I bough the mare and still today, I wasn't rich. Keeping the horse really ask me a lot every month :blush:
I hope you will found a way to have your horse one day, but the best way to start for "less money" would be a lease. At least, you will not have ALL the owner expenses.  :hug:

Reading your story actually gave me real joy.  You're living the dream!  You stuck it out through the rough patches and you bought your dream horse!  You learned together and became a team, and you both look wonderful.  She really does look like a different horse in the before and after pictures.  She looks healthier and happier!  She has lovely colouring, I can totally see why you fell in love with her.  The two of you have shared a special journey and you've both come so far in skill and confidence and trust.  I'm so happy for you, really.  I hope that one day I can make my horsey dreams come true like you have!  Please definitely keep sharing your stories here - I for one really enjoy reading about your experiences  :biggrin:

Thanks you so much. We've got still a LOT to improve, but I'm not in a hurry, I want the things to be well done and I pick every lighted advices I can.
If one day you can jump into it, take in mind that's FAR FAR away in real than in the dreams, and it push your limits out. I cryied a lot and really goes though hard time. But it's worth the effort in the end!

Great story and photos!

Thanks!

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »
What a wonderful story - you got to live every pony lovers dream, even the hard parts! You had be on the edge of my seat for a bit, I thought there was going to be a sad ending for a moment - I’m so glad you haven’t given up on her, she is lucky to have you as such a wonderful owner.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »
Aawwww, she’s beautiful! That was a great story—it’s awesome that you stuck it out through the tough times. It’s clear how much you love her. :)
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 02:41:43 AM »
I love how you never gave up on her. Many would have, if they didn't get the "perfect horse".

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 04:19:54 PM »
What a wonderful story - you got to live every pony lovers dream, even the hard parts! You had be on the edge of my seat for a bit, I thought there was going to be a sad ending for a moment - I’m so glad you haven’t given up on her, she is lucky to have you as such a wonderful owner.

Yes, i'm really blessed to live 'the dream' even if it's not easy everyday.
Thanks you for your kind comment :lovey:

Aawwww, she’s beautiful! That was a great story—it’s awesome that you stuck it out through the tough times. It’s clear how much you love her. :)

Thanks you too! She's a beauty her way, yes.

I love how you never gave up on her. Many would have, if they didn't get the "perfect horse".

I've decided to put my responsabilities. Luckily, there's other people like me.

This month my mare turned 10.
It means that we've got a bit more than 5 five years spent together! How time flies?

For that special day, I did a recap of some of my best pictures of her!
Here's the link to see it all:
https://andreamofspots.blogspot.com/2018/06/seasons-of-amira.html

And some sample just for you!

Well, I hope to write more about our recent progress soon!
Thanks to all of you for your interrest :blush:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
She has such a pretty and colorful coat.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »

Aww, happy birthday to her. I love this photo!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »
i think my favorite memory of horse back riding is accidentally being assigned a horse meant for a more advanced rider than I was at the time. and was told I handled him beautifully since no one else was willing to swap out their horse for the 'plain jane brown' horse.  His name was Sully which was short for something I can't remember XD.

another time at the same summer camp I ended up riding on a really stubborn welsh pony.

Well was it a horse meant for a more advanced ridder because a difficult/hard to keep one or a more educated one to do best level dressage with? It certainly does have changed your feelings on saddle :biggrin:
And ponies doesn't count. Ponies are beeing ponies :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was at a summer camp and he was meant for someone that had more ride time than I had at the moment.   so he was more difficult to control, we would do normal routine of clean stall/feed/groom/tack up and then walk them out to the warm up arena... and he did not want to follow the short stack lol. But it was good as it was a great way to learn patience heh.  but it was a good learning time and i ended up with him a couple of other times when I went back to the camp until the time I ended up on the pony. 

art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal