collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this g1 lot worth the price?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Is this g1 lot worth the price?
« on: May 23, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
Hello there  ^.^

I have a dilemma friends, there is a lot I have had my eye on for a while on an app and im really struggling as to if its worth the money at all...
background:
The lot was listed originally for £120, after a month of presumably no interest it was re listed for again £120 (about $160 for friends overseas). It has been relisted once again for £90... I just need to know if its worth it >_<

Whats in the lot?:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here are the ponies, its hard to identify a few of them because they are face on, there are close ups of the ponies but also face on  :shocked: but here is who I have identified until now
Daddy apple delight, Kisscurl, Daddy bright bouquet, Baby north star, baby bowtie, Mummy apple delight, TAF fifi??, NSS wind whistler, female baby apple delight, sunlight???, Cloud dreamer (poor condition symbol), baby fifi, baby half note?? and a seapony
I cant identify the pony on the end left and a lot of the babies are unknown for me...
19 ponies all together... But wait there's more! There's a pony carrier, a cot, baby bonnet school of dance, Lullabye nursery, scrub a dub tub and a purple grooming parlour

£90 is a lot of money for me as I am a student so your opinions on the lots worth are appreciated  :good: I can send more photos if you all want too!

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Is this g1 lot worth the price?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
Well, you have 19 ponies there - and supposing they're all in good condition and worth about $8 on average, the combined value of the ponies alone is about $152 USD, or maybe around £113. Some of them are obviously worth a bit more than $8/pony but (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) none of them are SUPER rare. Then you have the playsets, which probably bumps you up another £75-£100 depending on their condition, maybe more, maybe less.

So to me it depends: do you want the majority of these ponies? Would you sell those that you didn't? It's not a small sum of money, you're right, but in terms of value for money it's a good deal. Really up to you.

Also - pony on top left end looks like Banana Surprise to me.

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »
I think it’s a good deal!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »
I can identify all of these ponies, I think! I wonder if 'Kisscurl' might equally be Posey, since they're in the same pose? But, now that I zoom in, she has lilac eyes - Posey has green! Good catch! ;)

Going right to left, here's who I see:
Daddy Apple Delight
Kisscurl
NC/No Country Daddy Bright Bouquet
Mommy Apple Delight
TAF Fifi
NSS/Movie Star Wind Whistler
Sunlight
Magic Message Cloud Dreamer
Banana Surprise

Babies:
Baby Cuddles
Baby North Star
Baby Bowtie, UK/euro exclusive
Newborn twins Sticky and Sniffles
Baby Apple Delight
BBE Baby Half Note
Newborn Twin Sniffles
Baby Fifi

Seapony - UK/Euro Pearly Baby Waterlily

This last one was actually REALLY TOUGH for me to ID, because I know so little about baby seaponies, I didn't even realize there might be variants from the UK/Europe! She's so cool! http://www.ponylandpress.com/europe/uk/babysea.shtml

So if you take those names, and plug them into Bluerose's eBay price generator, you'll get the average eBay price for them - in America. It's not a ton of help to you in Britain, especially since the UK exclusives go for more money here, but less there I'd imagine. http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/

Ultimately, it comes down to whether you, personally, think it's a good deal. I mean, 90 pounds is a lot of money for toys, especially for a student! Me, personally, I'd rather wait around for a better deal, but I also have almost all of those ponies. Even when I needed them all, though, I might wait, because with only a couple 'uncommon/rare' ponies in there, I think you could do better cruising on eBay/watching for other lots, or wait for the price to drop on this one. But, there's also a few buildings in there! ... IF you have the room for them, LOL! It's a lot of very personal variables, so I'm not comfortable saying "definitely yes" or "definitely no" on this one. Best of luck with your decision! :cheer:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 06:02:03 AM »

So to me it depends: do you want the majority of these ponies? Would you sell those that you didn't? It's not a small sum of money, you're right, but in terms of value for money it's a good deal. Really up to you.

Your comment has been really eye opening for me, None of these ponies are a grail item to me, and although it would be a good way of bulking up my collection at the current moment I cant really a justify dropping a lot of money on things I don't *really* want  :blush: even if its good value for money  >_<

I can identify all of these ponies, I think! I wonder if 'Kisscurl' might equally be Posey, since they're in the same pose? But, now that I zoom in, she has lilac eyes - Posey has green! Good catch! ;)

Going right to left, here's who I see:
Daddy Apple Delight
Kisscurl
NC/No Country Daddy Bright Bouquet
Mommy Apple Delight
TAF Fifi
NSS/Movie Star Wind Whistler
Sunlight
Magic Message Cloud Dreamer
Banana Surprise

Babies:
Baby Cuddles
Baby North Star
Baby Bowtie, UK/euro exclusive
Newborn twins Sticky and Sniffles
Baby Apple Delight
BBE Baby Half Note
Newborn Twin Sniffles
Baby Fifi

Seapony - UK/Euro Pearly Baby Waterlily

This last one was actually REALLY TOUGH for me to ID, because I know so little about baby seaponies, I didn't even realize there might be variants from the UK/Europe! She's so cool! http://www.ponylandpress.com/europe/uk/babysea.shtml

So if you take those names, and plug them into Bluerose's eBay price generator, you'll get the average eBay price for them - in America. It's not a ton of help to you in Britain, especially since the UK exclusives go for more money here, but less there I'd imagine. http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/

Ultimately, it comes down to whether you, personally, think it's a good deal. I mean, 90 pounds is a lot of money for toys, especially for a student! Me, personally, I'd rather wait around for a better deal, but I also have almost all of those ponies. Even when I needed them all, though, I might wait, because with only a couple 'uncommon/rare' ponies in there, I think you could do better cruising on eBay/watching for other lots, or wait for the price to drop on this one. But, there's also a few buildings in there! ... IF you have the room for them, LOL! It's a lot of very personal variables, so I'm not comfortable saying "definitely yes" or "definitely no" on this one. Best of luck with your decision! :cheer:

You sure know your stuff! Thank you for the help  :lovey: I agree perhaps its not the right time to pounce on this lot, the seller is obviously keen on having them gone so she might drop the price again, £50 or under is when I will jump in I think.
Honestly I don't care for the playsets  :blush: I love playsets don't get me wrong but I don't drive, therefore I would have to carry everything in my hands or bags on the bus back home. its not practical! In an ideal world she would let me take the ponies and not the playsets, but I doubt that will happen  :huh:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 06:40:18 AM »
I'd totally jump if she lowers the price! That's just a bit much for me to spend personally, although $8 a pony isn't too bad, I'm pretty sure you can buy some of those for less.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 03:14:44 PM »
I'm happy to help! You get faster and faster at IDing pieces of ponies, especially after years of hunting for hidden gems in eBay lots just like this! ;)

Especially without the playsets included, I'd say wait for her to drop the price! Playsets are very bulky, and difficult to store due to their flimsy plastic and large, bulky shapes! That said, I still want them, LOL! I'm just waiting for someone to sell theirs locally so I can pick it up and, like you, carry it home on the train, LOL! Such fun! :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
YES!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 03:22:04 PM »
I'm happy to help! You get faster and faster at IDing pieces of ponies, especially after years of hunting for hidden gems in eBay lots just like this! ;)

Especially without the playsets included, I'd say wait for her to drop the price! Playsets are very bulky, and difficult to store due to their flimsy plastic and large, bulky shapes! That said, I still want them, LOL! I'm just waiting for someone to sell theirs locally so I can pick it up and, like you, carry it home on the train, LOL! Such fun! :P

I recently had to carry my dream castle home on a bus, safe to say I had some looks  :P Just a adult on a bus with a big pink castle, nothing too look at there!

Offline Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »
LOL, OMG! What a sight!! I took the train home from a recent pony meetup, and although I didn't get any bulky playsets, I DID have to carry home a large, bulky bag with ponies sticking out of the top, LOL!! I imagine I was quite remarkable! :P

I saw a funny comment someone made - they said they carried a boa constrictor in a bag to and from his vet's appointment, and no one even looked twice at the angrily-wriggling bag, LOL! So everyone really is locked in our own thoughts far more than we expect! ;) Still, a big pink pony castle... xD

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »
I recently had to carry my dream castle home on a bus, safe to say I had some looks  :P Just a adult on a bus with a big pink castle, nothing too look at there!

That's the spirit! I'd love to see (or do) that personnaly :biggrin:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 04:24:56 PM »

LOL, OMG! What a sight!! I took the train home from a recent pony meetup, and although I didn't get any bulky playsets, I DID have to carry home a large, bulky bag with ponies sticking out of the top, LOL!! I imagine I was quite remarkable! :P

I saw a funny comment someone made - they said they carried a boa constrictor in a bag to and from his vet's appointment, and no one even looked twice at the angrily-wriggling bag, LOL! So everyone really is locked in our own thoughts far more than we expect! ;) Still, a big pink pony castle... xD

I had the Baby bonnet school of dance and pretty parlour in my backpack too  :biggrin: The whole journey I was telling myself that I was probably not the weirdest person to have been on the bus that day  :P

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 02:59:59 AM »

I had the Baby bonnet school of dance and pretty parlour in my backpack too  :biggrin: The whole journey I was telling myself that I was probably not the weirdest person to have been on the bus that day  :P

Most people have carried weird things home on the bus - at various times my family have been seen with two noisy guinea pigs, half a train set, cardboard cutout scenery for am-drams, a horse saddle and on one very memorable occasion my brother needed to carry home a full size horse lungeing whip (poor chap was trying to explain to all and sundry what it was :) :)) - I think he would have much preferred a Dream Castle.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
Even without zooming, the colour of the body suggests Kiss Curl rather than Posey to me. She's a slightly more bananaish shade ;)

The ponies look in good shape. Maybe you can negotiate with the seller. I don't think there's anything super rare in there either, not from a UK perspective.

I am not sure that UK ponies go for a lower price within the UK necessarily. It should be that way, but reality is a bit different. Because years ago most buyers were in the US, a lot of standards of rarity and even valuations were defined in $ and from this perspective of 'international ponies' and 'US' ponies. So for that reason Baby Bow Tie and Baby Applejack would be more expensive even in the UK than Baby Cotton Candy or Baby Blossom. But Baby Glory and Baby Moondancer would probably cost less here (if someone here had one) even though they were never sold in the UK at all.

Weird logic is weird, but anyway :)

The Newborn Twins are called Tuggles and Toddles in the UK by the way.

Regarding the baby sea pony - yes, the UK had it's own pearly baby sea pony set. Pricing these is hard, though. Again, the rules above come into play, they generally do sell for a bit more than the US versions or the regular non-pearly set. One thing I will say about that Water Lily is that she seems to have her original curl,, albeit it's messy. That's pretty unusual for a baby sea pony for obvious reasons. (The US one doesn't have curly hair, which seems a lot more sensible...).
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/waterlily.htm
Five out of the six pearly sea ponies sold in the UK are UK exclusives, I don't think they were sold in any other country unless they were exported somewhere (but I have yet to hear of someone who remembers the set being sold in their country) but the ones that tend to get the most interest are the three in different poses - Water Lily, Ripple and Sunshower. So she's probably worth a little more than an average US Water Lily without her float.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 01:03:57 PM »
Even without zooming, the colour of the body suggests Kiss Curl rather than Posey to me. She's a slightly more bananaish shade ;)

The ponies look in good shape. Maybe you can negotiate with the seller. I don't think there's anything super rare in there either, not from a UK perspective.

I am not sure that UK ponies go for a lower price within the UK necessarily. It should be that way, but reality is a bit different. Because years ago most buyers were in the US, a lot of standards of rarity and even valuations were defined in $ and from this perspective of 'international ponies' and 'US' ponies. So for that reason Baby Bow Tie and Baby Applejack would be more expensive even in the UK than Baby Cotton Candy or Baby Blossom. But Baby Glory and Baby Moondancer would probably cost less here (if someone here had one) even though they were never sold in the UK at all.

Weird logic is weird, but anyway :)

The Newborn Twins are called Tuggles and Toddles in the UK by the way.

Regarding the baby sea pony - yes, the UK had it's own pearly baby sea pony set. Pricing these is hard, though. Again, the rules above come into play, they generally do sell for a bit more than the US versions or the regular non-pearly set. One thing I will say about that Water Lily is that she seems to have her original curl,, albeit it's messy. That's pretty unusual for a baby sea pony for obvious reasons. (The US one doesn't have curly hair, which seems a lot more sensible...).
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/waterlily.htm
Five out of the six pearly sea ponies sold in the UK are UK exclusives, I don't think they were sold in any other country unless they were exported somewhere (but I have yet to hear of someone who remembers the set being sold in their country) but the ones that tend to get the most interest are the three in different poses - Water Lily, Ripple and Sunshower. So she's probably worth a little more than an average US Water Lily without her float.

You are making me want to only buy this sea pony  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal