collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the Silliest pony name ever?  (Read 12818 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Silliest pony name ever?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2018, 09:14:58 PM »
Tipsy tulip always gets my vote. I LOVE that name so much!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2018, 01:24:10 AM »
That moment when you buy a pretty G3 and look up her name and it's something completely ridiculous, like the aforementioned Tink-a-Tink-a-Too. I got Round 'n' Round the other day. That's not a name!

G4 blindbags have some fun ones. Mrs Dazzle Cake. Pepper Dance (I have never seen a dancing pepper....). Apple Dazzle. Sprinkle Stripe. Lulamoon. Crimson Gala (what does that even mean?). Shoeshine. Junebug. Banana Bliss. Lavender Fritter. Hoity Toity. I think there might have been a Banana Fluff as well.

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2018, 01:52:09 AM »
That moment when you buy a pretty G3 and look up her name and it's something completely ridiculous, like the aforementioned Tink-a-Tink-a-Too. I got Round 'n' Round the other day. That's not a name!

G4 blindbags have some fun ones. Mrs Dazzle Cake. Pepper Dance (I have never seen a dancing pepper....). Apple Dazzle. Sprinkle Stripe. Lulamoon. Crimson Gala (what does that even mean?). Shoeshine. Junebug. Banana Bliss. Lavender Fritter. Hoity Toity. I think there might have been a Banana Fluff as well.

Omg, Round 'N' Round!! She's one of my childhood ponies. I remember getting her for Christmas one year with the Butterfly Island Amusement Park, I always thought her name was really bizarre. After my discovery of the internet as a kid, the first thing I looked up was My Little Pony, I found some other pony sites, and the official MLP site at the time- this was when G3 had a website and games you could play. If I was on the internet at all, it was for pony stuff, and I played the crap out of those games. (I wish I could find somewhere that still had them, for nostalgia! They're long gone)
There was an amusement park game and she was in it, the way they said her name always irked me to no end.
"Rownd Ahnd Rownd :DDDD" Blegh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2018, 06:59:36 AM »
Mr. Carrot Cake may be a little silly, but it's also a fitting name for a baker.

To be fair to Mrs. Cake, her canon name is Cup Cake, which is less silly and a name that's been used in MLP before. It's just not trademarkable anymore.
As for Crimson Gala, a Gala is also a type of apple. And it's one of the red ones, so... There's even a variant called the Scarlet Gala, so a Crimson Gala isn't exactly far-fetched. Doesn't match her symbol, though.

We may as well add Applejack to the silly names list, with some of the names people mentioned in this thread. I mean, she shares her name with an alcoholic drink.
should be perma-moderated

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »
As I've said in a previous thread: Whizzer always makes me think of the Ren & Stimpy episode where they play Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence.

I think about some of these ponies names I got this mental image of a little girl at school during Show and Tell: "This is Pillow Talk. This is Nightcap. And this is Kiss n' Tell."

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »
Woosie, Streaky, Player, Swinger, Pink Dreams, Pillow Talk... TOSSLES? Hahaha

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline PrincessNikki

• Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »
Why has nobody mentioned Bonnie Bonnets?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if Hasbro came up with pony names during a company cocktail party. :lol:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Does Princess Rinse n Spit and Demon Donkey count?   :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2018, 10:58:53 PM »
Bouquet also makes me think about that character Miss Bucket from Keeping Up Appearances :)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2018, 07:38:48 AM »
one of the male g4 background/only appeared in 1 episode pony was called fat stacks, if I'm not mistaken. That's just kinda sad. :P
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 11:23:42 AM »
It's not exactly a 'silly' name, but I have always hated Tootsie's name because I hate Tootsie Rolls / Tootsie Pops.  (But Tootie Tails is worse, lol.)

I still have to introduce Tootsie to her namesake ;)

Tootie Tails is stupid. Summer Heatwave is so much better.

Any of the weird hyphenated G3 names like Tink-a-Tink-a-Too are also silly to me.

Kiwi Tart still amuses me too because she showed up first in New Zealand...

Night Cap, in conjunction with Pink Dreams and Pillow Talk clearly needs an X-rating.

Kiss & Tell is really not teaching kids the right morals!

Crumpet is also mildly concerning considering she seems to have been intended to indicate British afternoon tea of some kind, and in the UK, albeit slightly antiquated, crumpet has another slang meaning. Probably not why she wasn't sold here though.

4Speed - numbers in names, really? Trucker is not awesome but at least it isn't writing in textspeak 30 years before its time!

Slugger reminds me of slug pellets. Albeit First Base has its own connitations too.

Pinkie Pie is a truly stupid name which I detested in G3 and still detest in G4.

And as I think you guys mostly know - I hate repetitive name syndrome, so any name that gets recycled over and over should be banished. Especially calling adult ponies things like Cuddles.

I don't really have a problem with Floater (or Splasher - I think that one is seriously reaching tbh) because while I know the connitations, it has other meanings as well. Albeit not all of them are good ones either. I just don't make that association automatically when I hear it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:30:22 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 11:44:15 AM »
I thought of another one Steven Magnet the sea serpent. :lol:

You can thank the other part of the adult fandom for that. Same with DJ Pon-3 or D**** H*****

Offline OleGrayMane

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2018, 12:09:44 PM »
I thought of another one Steven Magnet the sea serpent. :lol:

You can thank the other part of the adult fandom for that. Same with DJ Pon-3 or D**** H*****

The original source for Steven Magnet is supposedly an auto generated caption on YouTube, so I guess an AI gets part of the blame. But yeah, not only weird but a bit of an innuendo. I'm sure Hasbro picked it up because it was easily registered, otherwise he'd be a dazzle something.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »
Pick-a-lily's kinda silly.

Spoiled Rich is just. No.

Barber Groomsby is just Bleck.

Silly Lily has silly in it.

Pinto Pipsqueak-Like, you couldn't just call him Pipsqueak?

Bubble Muffins-What is a bubble muffin precisely?

Any character who has different names in the same era. I'm not talking Twilight and Twilight. Or a pony who was called something else in a different country. I mean like, DJ Pon-E also being called Vinyl Scratch or something stupid like that. Name the darn horse and stick with that name Hasbro.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:44:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal