collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What’s your day job?  (Read 12013 times)

Offline lilico

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lilico.be
Re: What’s your day job?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 06:21:28 AM »
I work in a federal prison. Not as bad as it seems ;-P
NEW Website ! My MLP Unicorn Collection is now visible here : https://lilico-lilico.wixsite.com/mylittleuni

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2018, 05:41:59 AM »
I work for a small record label and tour and release music with my band Crooked Ghost. Formerly of the bartending/service industry. (No, I don't miss it at all)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »
Im only a cleaner in a store (dont know the english word, its like a dollar store). I help out with other tasks if one of the sales clerks is sick but my main focus is keeping the store clean :P
Its nothing special and some people in my area have quit greeting me since I started working there (I have heard they are calling me names because Im only a cleaner) but I still like to go. Its good money and my colleagues are mostly nice :) (if I didnt have that job -> no ponies for me lol...so who cares what names they are calling me.)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2018, 06:02:16 AM »
I work in a hotel restaurant. My job is to do simple things like cleaning tables, doing dishes, taking out the trash etc. so my more experienced coworkers can focus on more important tasks. But even though my job is simple, it's very busy. The hotel is always full in the summer, and it seems like we're perpetually understaffed, which is probably why I got the job without even doing an interview.

Sometimes, we do have moments where the restaurant is empty and there's nothing to do. My kitchen coworkers and I like to take this opportunity to rest our feet and have a glass of water, but when the receptionist finds out we're not doing anything, she usually sends one of us to work as a chambermaid. Let me tell you, the people who work as chambermaids every day are champs for putting up with it. You know how boring it is to clean your room? Imagine cleaning your room 20 times or more a day, every day, with the added bonus of dealing with guests and their grievances. Working in the kitchen may be boring and repetitive, but it's nothing compared to cleaning rooms.

Overall, my job isn't very fun. But at least all the leftover food we make is fair game at lunchtime, so there's that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2018, 09:20:08 AM »
I'm a technician, I've worked in all sorts of places like a steam museum, an testing station for new varieties of flowers, a crop breeding station. I also worked in an an art museum. It's a cliche but I like making stuff work :-)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal