collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the most expensive pony you've ever bought?  (Read 15219 times)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most expensive pony you've ever bought?
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
Ummmm I think like $100 on MOC G1 Twins?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2018, 08:20:40 PM »
With all the budget minded people on this thread, I'm wondering who keeps winning those stupid expensive auctions on ebay:p 

I won't post what I paid for that MOC Windwhistler(it's pretty shameful), but I will admit to buying a $200 lot of ponies and accessories to get a hat I needed to complete a ponywear outfit once.  It was a sweet lot, and it had a bunch of other nice stuff in it, but I was really after the hat.  Had the hat been by itself in its own auction, I still would've paid $200 for the thing.  I call it my $200 hat - it just came with a few bonus items:p  And I did the exact same thing again just a few months ago, this time for $250.  I bought an entire lot of Brazilian ponies just for a hat.  A different hat this time, but I still just wanted the hat.  I'm very serious about ponywear.  I also have a pile of Brazilian ponies for trade/sale now:/ 

This topic should've been posted on the Nirvana forum.   That's where the South African and Takara pony buyers hang out.  I've got a few big-ish ticket ponies, but those ponies take the cake!

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »
The most I ever spent for a pony was around $90? This was a few years back when funds were a lot better. It was a grail pony.  ^.^

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2018, 06:58:20 AM »
I spent 200 dollars for a HUGE lot. It was worth it, so many ponies and accessories and playsets! If you worked it out, I think each item was below two bucks.

As for one pony, I think it was 13 bucks for a good condition Magic Hat.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2018, 09:02:21 AM »
With all the budget minded people on this thread, I'm wondering who keeps winning those stupid expensive auctions on ebay:p 

I won't post what I paid for that MOC Windwhistler(it's pretty shameful), but I will admit to buying a $200 lot of ponies and accessories to get a hat I needed to complete a ponywear outfit once.  It was a sweet lot, and it had a bunch of other nice stuff in it, but I was really after the hat.  Had the hat been by itself in its own auction, I still would've paid $200 for the thing.  I call it my $200 hat - it just came with a few bonus items:p  And I did the exact same thing again just a few months ago, this time for $250.  I bought an entire lot of Brazilian ponies just for a hat.  A different hat this time, but I still just wanted the hat.  I'm very serious about ponywear.  I also have a pile of Brazilian ponies for trade/sale now:/ 

This topic should've been posted on the Nirvana forum.   That's where the South African and Takara pony buyers hang out.  I've got a few big-ish ticket ponies, but those ponies take the cake!

Which hats were they?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »
Most ever cash dropped on a large lot of G1:  $200
Most ever cash dropped on a single G1:  ~$30

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2018, 12:25:04 PM »
I bought myself a graduation present after I graduated last year: MOC Argentinian Rockin' Beat Tuneful! That was definitely the most I've spent on one pony but I used graduation gift money and she was a really good deal. :D No regrets!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »
Right now the one that will be the most is my Dutch Baby Dolphin I'm making payments on. The others I have bought were for very good prices or were half gifts from friends, like Lightning ThunderCloud and Tornado, and Mexi Rainbow Firefly.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 02:34:04 PM »
Re Unicorno and Sweetie Blue, not sure who was more expensive..

(the blue one)

I should take a photo of them together sometime, lol.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 03:27:58 PM »
The first hat(my $200 hat) was the hat to the Costume Wear, Academy Award.  This was waaaaay back in the day, well before that seller from Chile flooded the market with MOC Costume Wear outfits.  I had spent a good chunk of my childhood looking at the brochure with the Costume Wear outfits pictured, but I had never been able to find a single sign of any of those outfits anywhere.  I don't know what the distribution for the outfits was in the USA, but almost every loose Costume Wear outfit I saw came from Canada or overseas.  The lot it came with was a sweet lot.  $200 was a deal for that lot back then, let alone what a similar lot would go for now.  It had a ton of mint ponies complete with all accessories and their backcards/boxes, and a bunch of other complete outfits too.  But it was that hat I really wanted!

The second hat was the little paper Brazilian Party Time party hat.  Anyone who seriously collects accessories probably knows how well paper accessories survive.  It looked to be in excellent condition, and the rest of the lot consisted of what appeared to be excellent condition ponies and their mint outfits.  It looked like I'd be getting my hat plus a bunch of great trade fodder.  When I got it, the condition wasn't quite what I had hoped.  The whole box must've been stored somewhere musty, and most of the ponies have had haircuts:(  Several of the ponies had some crusty thing going on that I had to deal with as well. I've been working on getting the stink out of them(it's pretty bad), and I hope that I may be able to get the outfits at the very least to a point where they're acceptable.  But I did get my hat, and that's what I really wanted.  It's got a bit of water staining, and it stinks too:(  I'm working on the smell, but other than that it's in pretty good condition.  I wouldn't say no to an upgrade, but it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to find one.  I've been after that hat for over 15 years.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
Most expensive pony..
I think that would be Steamer. I want to say he ran me $20?

I see people have talked about bidding wars. Hoo boy are those a pet peeve of mine. Specifically, bidding wars waged by affluent bozos who come barging into an auction and drive the bidding up crazy high... when it's not even rare, and there are several Buy It Now listings they could have gone after instead (often for less than the winning bid) if they were willing to drop that kind of money on it!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 07:12:34 PM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »
I've suppressed how much I've spent on my expensive ponies. I know I've paid over $100 for the giant blank Pony Project pony, who is my most expensive G3 though I certainly paid less than most people I know who have her. MOC Argentinen Rockin' Beats Tuneful and Half Note both were over $100, Surprise Twins mum and babies were exactly $100. I've paid around $100 for some of the Li'l Litters Nursery Families also.

The main thing I remind myself is that while I have indeed spent a lot of money on ponies, I have paid much, much less than the value of at least half of my entire collection. The value of my collection as a whole is easily triple what I paid for them. The Pony Gods have been very kind to me so I don't feel bad about buying a very expensive pony every few years.

And to think that there was a time when I thought paying more than $15 for one pony was insane!
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:39 PM »
Rapunzel, $500 (in payments).  Then I think Spain Milky Way, Sweet Scoops/pendant, a few Brazilians, and the pink birthday baby.  I have a lot that hovered around the $100-$150 point and don't remember their exact prices. 

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »
Mine would be a custom Princess Cadance plush. I paid $260 for her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal