collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the most expensive pony you've ever bought?  (Read 15200 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most expensive pony you've ever bought?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 07:40:34 PM »
My first MOC G1 pony :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »
My MOC Steamer that I got for $45. I got lucky with a BIN listing on eBay.

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2018, 08:58:26 PM »
I will not disclose the sum of money I spent on Rapunzel but I love her. She just has some certain air about her I look at her and she knows she is special. I also went through a period of buyer's remorse but she isn't going anywhere. -_-;

OOOOHHHH, RAPUNZEL!   :lovey:   You must be so proud!  She's such a beautiful pony, I've seen two recent auctions for her and the starting bid alone was out of my budget  :P  She is such a special pony, congrats on her!  Yes, I am fully familiar with the pony buyer's remorse.  But once you unwrap those precious ponies and hold them in your hands, you know you'd do it all over again  ;)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »
Those alt birthflowers are just gorgeous, Starstrider.

I have to admit I haven't ever put myself in a position where my day to day living expenses (or my family's for that matter) were compromised, but the largest amount I ever spent on a single pony was $50NZ on Dutch Star on a local auction site. That was early in my collecting and I shrink at spending that kind of money on individual ponies now.
Then again, I did splash out on a My Pretty Pony last year, complete (box and all accessories bar one ribbon). But I called her a birthday present to myself. She set me back well over $100NZ once shipped from overseas.

My irony is, is that I rarely allow ponies to individually cost me over a personal, set amount once I had made back a bit of money on the extras I may have got in the same lot. Then I discovered Fashion Star Fillies and all my rules went out the door. Never in my life have I spent so much money on plastic, inanimate objects  :blink:  Why? I honestly couldn't say.

But I have Janis. And I am happy  :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:07:51 PM by Marlin »

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 10:34:19 PM »
I paid around $130 each for Greek baby Bowtie, Lil Sweetcake and Brazil Baby Gusty. Apparently that's a number I'm comfortable going up to according to my purchase history.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 10:58:54 PM »
My most expensive  official pony puld have been haven bay. 

The ponys i have spent the most on would have to be the greek fakies.  I paid around $200 for them

@Pyrodarknessanny So far you're the only person who had admitted to spending triple digits for a pony!  Apparently everyone else has managed to assemble their collections on a shoestring budget.  :P

A thing is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
And I have an eye for  the more  werid  and rare things when it comes to vintage  toys i suuppose

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 01:13:58 AM »
I don't think I could personally justify paying more than £100 for a pony. I usually buy cheap and frequently baity ponies, but sometimes I splash out! My most expensive pony was Mountain Boy Tornado, I think he cost around £70, plus some rather expensive postage as he came from Sweden. My most expensive pony-related purchase was the Greek baby buggy with its original box. I love that thing <3.

I have to say, I'm all for spending heavily on your hobbies, as long as you don't end up in serious financial straits because of it. £100 might be my pony limit, but I've spent over £300 on a first edition antiquarian book before (and that was actually a bargain, it usually goes for ~£500). Another book I carefully stalked on eBay until it came down from £500 to £250. After all, what price can be put on happiness and the satisfaction of owning an excellent collection of things you love?

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 03:57:17 AM »
Starglow. She was R450 - South African Rands - which is about $35-00. This isn't so bad for a Glow 'n Show pony by these day's eBay standards I don't think. She is at the post office waiting for me to fetch her right now as we speak(?) - type?

I have wanted a Glow 'n Show pony since I was small, so this will be a lifetime wish come true for me. I can clearly remember sitting on my bed and looking at pictures of them and wishing... But this is a LOT for one single pony when you consider that I didn't pay that much for either Night Glider or Scandanavian Truly.

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 04:18:18 AM »
I spent $325 for a very nice Rapunzel.  Note that was about 15 years ago lol.   I have also been in the $150 range several times.   

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 04:42:21 AM »
I've got a price I don't want to put more for ponies (around $60) but I did get fairly over, up to double that price for some extremely wanted & htf ponies. Also, I crossed the line several times now, for Nirvana's or rare ones.
I never kept my words when it comes to budget vs somethin' I really want :blush:

Also I do assume I'm not picky and took ponies with flaws in order to drop the price.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:56:45 AM by ColdRuru »

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 06:55:25 AM »
I will not disclose the sum of money I spent on Rapunzel but I love her. She just has some certain air about her I look at her and she knows she is special. I also went through a period of buyer's remorse but she isn't going anywhere. -_-;

OOOOHHHH, RAPUNZEL!   :lovey:   You must be so proud!  She's such a beautiful pony, I've seen two recent auctions for her and the starting bid alone was out of my budget  :P  She is such a special pony, congrats on her!  Yes, I am fully familiar with the pony buyer's remorse.  But once you unwrap those precious ponies and hold them in your hands, you know you'd do it all over again  ;)

Yes shes special. :) Though I am really not proud. I just grateful I do have her.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 08:12:54 AM »
I don't believe I've paid more than $50 on anything pony-related. I believe the most expensive thing I bought was the Canterlot/Seaquestria castle.

For a single pony, I paid $25 for TAF Yum Yum. That's just about my limit for most ponies.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2018, 08:16:32 AM »
I think my most expensive was MIB Play n Care baby Lickety Split. I had her as a child, and I really really wanted her. It's over 10 years ago, and I have only seen one more MIB for sale since, and my was in pristine condition, so I'm still very happy with her :)

The pony that brought me to a smaller financial crisis was my MOC spanish baby Lemon Drop. Not my most expensive, but I had bought a car at the same time, so I hadnt adjust my budget for the extra costs of gas and payments for the loan. And of course she arrived broken. It has been one of my greatest grails almost since I started collecting, and I was heartbroken when she arrived. :(

Most expensive ponybuy though, is, although cheap per pony, a lot of money to spend at one time.  It was 14 MOC/MIB, and a bunch of MOC clothing, including MIB Princess Amber with dragon. But at that time, I had money saved, so at least no financial crisis afterwards. :P
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
I think I spent somewhere around $65 at the time new for in box SDCC Muffins (though she ended up having box damage) I kept her  :P

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »
I paid $160 for a MINT Peruvian windy. She’s one of my faves!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal