collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the most expensive pony you've ever bought?  (Read 15038 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What is the most expensive pony you've ever bought?
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2018, 02:22:18 AM »
Long time ago. LSPP in the box. I think I paid around $850.

I would spend that and more for her...just saying. Last needed G3 pony for me.

Many many years ago...I spent a majority of my tax refund (around what dragonfly paid for LSPP MIB) on a G3 Rosey Posey with the card (which I cant find now because its in a safe place somewhere in my house/basement). At the time, there were only about 100 known available. A few years later an overseas person started selling a bunch of them in baggies with no card so she became easier to obtain for less money

But Id spend it again. No regrets.

Second pricy pony was $90 for the TAF Pony Project pony. Planned purchase. Again, no regrets.

What is LSPP?
I want to know too! What/who is this mystery thing/pony?

LSPP is Licencing Show Pinkie Pie. She has 'Licencing Show' written on her symbol, but I am not sure if she is different in any other way?

She's pretty limited in number so pretty rare and expensive if she comes up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ribbon208

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • COLLECTORS POSE ADDICT
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2018, 02:42:14 AM »
$80 NZD
for baby shovels and sandcastles full set up including bows,bottles,nappies etc
check out my facebook page for more pony pictures

https://www.facebook.com/katiesvintageponys/

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+152)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2018, 10:10:14 PM »
My Spanish Masquerade in whizzer's pose 😬🤐
You don't wanna know 😂

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2018, 12:47:30 AM »
Such beautiful ponies, congrats! I think $80 is the most I've spent on a single pony. I did bid a little over $200 on a lot that had Baby Sugarcake in it but I lost the auction. And I cried :P But it was for the best because I really didn't have the money to spend lol.
My Wish List

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »
Macau Jenny for around 60USD. Next on the list is NBBE baby Ribbon for 40 usd. She was my grail when I was a kid, so when I got into ponies again as an adult I stalked eBay to find her. I was away for the weekend the auction ended, and since this outdated the smartphones with quite a lot of years I had my sister bidding for me. It was nerve-wrecking, but I got her! (Or rather my sister did!)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Avea2006

• Trade Count: (+136)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2018, 02:59:04 PM »
I bought an entire lot of Brazilian ponies just for a hat.  A different hat this time, but I still just wanted the hat.  I'm very serious about ponywear.  I also have a pile of Brazilian ponies for trade/sale now:/ 

This topic should've been posted on the Nirvana forum.   That's where the South African and Takara pony buyers hang out.  I've got a few big-ish ticket ponies, but those ponies take the cake!

Ouu Brazilians you say? I'm really want Brazil NSS Windwhistler - don't suppose you have her for sale?

And haha, yea so I'm one of those Nirvana buyers, but I had to hard limit myself to no more than $500 per pony. So no Africans or Takaras for me! My most pricey was baby Greek Minty and my collection is worth about 5 grand all told. Which for a nirvana collector is actually remarkable self control! Well that's what I tell myself LOL 

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »
I think I spent £40 on Dutch Baby Schoolbag. I also paid a bit for German Sweet Clover but I can't remember how much. I haven't bought much in the last year or two and got most of my collection 4-5 years ago. I was lucky and paid £35 (Lightening, NM) or £40 (Ice Crystal, fore lock trim otherwise great) for my my Mountain Boys and I'm just debating whether to buy a third one but they are more expensive again at the moment.  I got lucky with a great swap partner who got me Nightglider but I can't remember what we spent, I think she was very generous or had a spare or something. I think the biggest lot I bought was working with an Ebay seller in the USA. I persuaded her to use ordinary mail not the GSP, so I finally got the Melody and Twilight I always wanted. Individually those ponies were OK value though. I'm just trying to think If I've ever gone really crazy. I think they have just added up a lot over time.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2018, 03:41:50 PM »
I bought one of the 18" blank project ponies. If I remember rightly she was $150.00 or something like that.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »
I think I would/Could spend $150+ on a Daddy Sunbright (or Daddy Berrytown or Daddy Meadowsweet) if the timing were right (taxes or ebay sales on uptick), but so far i THINK the most I have spent was $80 on a TAF Baby Sugarberry and she is one of my absolute fave ponies so she was worth every Penny.

I was fortunate to get her through a friend who let me do 2 installment payments...I think if I could do more installments plans I would do a LOT more spending on pricey ponies but thats not how teh world works ha ha, so on average I would say I spend $50-$75 on grail ponies when they come up (like TAF babies, UK/Euro exclusives (I am USA based) etc...

I have a couple customs that cost approx $100 each. Those were big time splurges, and they are simply gorgeous, and I love them now, years later, as much as at time of purchase. But as far as regular MLP goes, probably a Nightlight with some small flaws for idk, $60 or so, is the most I have parted with for one single pony. I might consider spending more to get my hands on a Daddy Sunbright, though... 🤑
I think I may or may not have spent close to $50 or more on customs, they are works of art worth that and more! EVERYPONY seems to be after Daddy Sunbright!!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:51:02 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2018, 03:42:39 AM »
Daddy Sunbright and Daddy Berrytown are seriously two of the hardest European/UK ponies to find.

I actually also don't know anyone who had them as a kid, though obviously some kids must...o.o

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2018, 04:29:53 AM »
Mine was my MOC Gusty (US NSS release) for $155. That was a huge pony purchase for me as the majority of my collection came from thrift stores and flemarkets over the years.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2018, 12:12:37 PM »
Sunburst is my single most expensive pony. I paid $50 for him cuz he was my fav of the mountain boys. I almost got myself in deep  bidding trouble once when i discovered goodwill auctions and saw a lot that had all the US boys with thier accessories and a bunch of other ponies. I bid war up to $250 before i got control of myself. Im pretty sure the lot went for at least $500

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
Aside from customs? Dazzleglow. One of my childhood favorites cost me 40 smackaroos. Worth it though.

One of my customs cost me around ohh I think $125
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:23:17 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »
I recently bought an Italian Nirvana Sparkler (the one in the collector's pose, pale blue with dark purple hair) for $150.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2018, 01:31:20 PM »
Single most expensive pony purchase?  80$
I'm fortunate in that 99% of my collection is thrifted.  That isn't really an option these days for G1.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal