collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone taken a G3 ice-skating pony apart....  (Read 444 times)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone taken a G3 ice-skating pony apart....
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »
....and if so, could you please tell/show me what to expect and how to go about it?

I have a G3 Glitter Glide whose crown no longer lights up, and the cause is something more than just flat batteries. I need to take her apart and look at her electronics. What's the best way to perform this surgery, and what does the inside of a G3 ice-skating pony look like?

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone taken a G3 ice-skating pony apart....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »
Here is a tutorial from many, many years ago (not mine) http://www.aikarin.com/mlp/customs/iceskating.html
Looking at the state she ended up in, I don’t know if it’d be worth trying to fix her or if it’s even possible to do so unfortunately. I’m not sure how/what could be fixed. Does the base come apart at all? Could there be something up with that? I’ve never known one to not work, do you have any other bases to try out and see if it’s the pony? I have a couple bases that don’t work well but the ponies work okay on some of the others.
I hope this was a bit of help, and best of luck if you decide to try and repair her!  :)
Mlp Sunsparkle x
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone taken a G3 ice-skating pony apart....
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 01:17:11 AM »
That's really useful, thanks! I have a thing for trying to repair 'beyond redemption' ponies, so I'll definitely give it a go. Pony lobotomy time!
My dad is an electrician, so he helps me out with the electronics aspect. We've already established that the problem is in the pony not the base.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal