collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Meet your new Princess - Update: TOYS & TRAILER  (Read 33411 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Meet your new Princess (no, not Meghan Markle)
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
Even if He-Man and She-Ra weren't separate, why should She-Ra not be front and center this time?
The Dreamworks/Netflix arrangement has produced two cartoons targeted towards boys so far, Trollhunter and Voltron. She-Ra is their offering for girls.
And please don't give me this "everyone can watch it". That's not the way these things work :lol:
She-Ra was raised without knowing she had a brother at all. He is not needed for her show to work just like She-Ra was not needed for the He-Man reboot to work.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 02:45:11 AM »
hm, will keep an eye on that! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2018, 01:24:04 PM »
I am hoping it is great, but I am a little worried (I do not want to fight, so I will keep my reservations to myself). I will watch it first and then decide if I will show it to the kids or just keep watching the original.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 10:22:57 AM »
Eh. *shakes hand in a so-so motion*
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »
Princesses plural makes sense. It's not like she's the only princess in that line. Glimmer and Mermista were too, while Frosta, Castaspella and Angella were queens. And there were about 8 billion kingdoms.

"Well, we need to make more toys", "How about another kingdom?"

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:56 AM »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »
A friend of mine said it reminds her of Steven Universe and I can see that in the background art and colors used. It's very pastelly. I hope there is more 80s references. Bow's hair and She-Ra's boots are a good start.

I love how Bow does not have the dumb mustache. And the outfit looks good, the heart is still there. Also shorts for the girls is a wise design move. They are teens, no need to sexualize them.

I need a pic of Swiftie next. November is still a long time to go so I hope there will be more teaser images.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2018, 11:29:10 AM »
I'm looking forward to it.  I heard that it might focus on She-Ra / Adora's upbringing, which if it's similar to the 80s origin, means she is separated from her parents and raised by the Evil Hordak.  In the 80s she faithfully serves Hordak as his soldier.  This could be super interesting!

YES, Bow's redesign is SO GOOD.  He looked ridiculous in the 80s.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »
I'm looking forward to it.  I heard that it might focus on She-Ra / Adora's upbringing, which if it's similar to the 80s origin, means she is separated from her parents and raised by the Evil Hordak.

That image of Adora with Catra seems to be from that time. Catra as a legit catgirl is great to me because I always thought it was silly that she could only transform into a panther because Hordac gave her the headpiece of the catpeople... but she spoke like a freaking cat! She should have always been a real catperson and now she is one so I'm glad.

I also like how there seems to be variation in the girls bodytypes, hair lenght and outfits. Only judging by Glimmer, She-Ra/Adora and Catra, they already look like they can pass the silhouette test. One of my favorite She-Ra/He-Man/Jem jokes is how stupid the people were for not realizing who they were when they have the exact same face, voice and stature and when they are around the other person leaves :lol:
Might as well try to make Adora and She-Ra look a little different from each other so it's not that obvious.

I am really liking these 80s property redesigns as of late. First Transformers Cyberverse and now this. They capture the spirit (pun intended) of the old cartoon but they look fresh and more suited for modern animation.

I am turning into a little kid again. I am desperate to see Swiftwing, Huntara (please let her be there) and all the villains. Hordac should be scarier. As a little girl I was more afraid of silly Skeletor than Porky Horky.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
I'm happy to see them being proportionate - no exaggarated eyes, head, etc.; makes for a nice change nowadays.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 12:03:30 PM »
I'm happy to see them being proportionate - no exaggarated eyes, head, etc.; makes for a nice change nowadays.

I hope that means there will be stuff to buy. They look very clean and cute without looking too simple or chibi. Would translate well onto actionfigures, like those Mysticon things.

Here is a quick refesher on which characters have been confirmed so far:

Adora/She-Ra
Seahawk
Bow
Shadow Weaver
Castaspella
Glimmer
Catra
Angella
Hordak
Scorpia
Entrapta
Perfuma
Mermista
Frosta
Netossa
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:08:51 PM by Zapper »

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2018, 12:11:55 PM »
Petulant Catra!!!!!!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2018, 10:47:53 PM »
Nope, it looks nothing like the original and honestly looks like a bunch of fan art. *sigh* some things don't need to be brought back. Yes, I get there are problems with the original design but they ditched most of it for this stuff.

With some of the merchandise that Hot Topic carried in the early 2000s was great and I was desperately hoping to keep it in line with that. This whole reboot is now something I'm staying away from.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2018, 11:50:57 PM »
After seeing what they did to Glimmer and Catra I am planning on skipping it. Not a fan of this animation style at all. I am so disappointed to see that DC Super Hero girls is going down this road as well. I collect the dolls and books with my daughter, but if the designs change I am out. My kids HATE this animation style too. I showed them the pictures, without any commentary from me, and my son thought She-Ra was Thor and my daughter crinkled her nose and asked why they were not pretty :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal