collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Meet your new Princess - Update: TOYS & TRAILER  (Read 33465 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Meet your new Princess (no, not Meghan Markle)
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »
Its nature and nurture. The problem is, is that too many people think in rigid, narrow confines and refuse to acknowledge factors such as individual personalities, cultural attitudes, societal shifts, deeply ingrained biases etc.

Truth be told, we're all various mixes of what are considered male and female traits and behaviors.

When I bought my daughter her first autobot for Christmas, one very rude and narrow minded relative snidely asked her if she was a little boy now. That relative got a big fat earful from me about outdated biased thinking and how sucky it was that she was trying her best to ruin a child's Christmas joy.  She does not make snide remarks anymore about her transformers.

Biases, attitudes, ideas and perceptions both good and bad, take a long time to shift from generation to generation. Partly because its ingrained all the way back to our survival days as cave people and partly because a good chunk of humanity has its head shoved up Its rear and cannot let people be.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:23:58 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »
Its nature and nurture. The problem is, is that too many people think in rigid, narrow confines and refuse to acknowledge factors such as individual personalities, cultural attitudes, societal shifts, deeply ingrained biases etc.

This is so absolutely true on all levels, not just within gender. Humanity sucks sometimes :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
Even when parents do their level best to provide diverse media, toys and teaching moments,  much of a kid's life is spent experiencing culture directly.  It can be the friends they play with, the ads they see in the mall, on the street, and TV, their teachers, relatives, books and more.  Culture is indeed slow to change, but I'm glad to see shows like this push things towards variety and less restrictive ideals.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2018, 06:38:26 AM »
I'm happy to see them being proportionate - no exaggarated eyes, head, etc.; makes for a nice change nowadays.

I hope that means there will be stuff to buy. They look very clean and cute without looking too simple or chibi. Would translate well onto actionfigures, like those Mysticon things.

Here is a quick refesher on which characters have been confirmed so far:

Adora/She-Ra
Seahawk
Bow
Shadow Weaver
Castaspella
Glimmer
Catra
Angella
Hordak
Scorpia
Entrapta
Perfuma
Mermista
Frosta
Netossa

Thanks for the list Zapper!

Offline TravelingTwinkler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • ~ to travel is to live ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
I was on the fence when I heard about the She-Ra reboot, with all the weird reincarnations and animation styles nowadays, but this teaser is getting me excited...

Notice the subtitle... Plural??  :dropjaw:

PLURAL?! Oh wow I'm super-stoked now. What if there's insanely cool princesses who protect their own worlds and come together to defeat evil? Very Sailor Moon for a new generation.  :biggrin:

—mari

{ formerly know as OGTwinkler }

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »
SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER Teaser Trailer (2018)

https://youtu.be/zNT-74Andfo

The voice acting was forced, especially the shouting. Hopefully the actress will get into the groove of her character and smooth out.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:31:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
The trailer is trash. I will definitely be skipping it. My daughter and son said it looks terrible and my hubby said they made Adora sound like a whiny emo teen - LOL!

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »
I loved the teaser... It really does feel like a sprakly purple pink version of Avatar The Last Airbender, if that makes sense. I'll definitely be binge watching the whole series once it drops. At first, I was on the fence, then I saw the teaser poster which I loved, then the stills of the characters (got me back on that fence)... It goes to show how character design can come across quite differently when you see it in motion as opposed to a bunch of stills.

Didn't quite like how they changed the transformation scene completely, but that's nitpicking.

And btw, apparently Swift Wind will be back, even though he didn't make any of the cast lists published (as far as I know). Swifty's voice actor stated that he did two songs for the character... Singing She-Ra and her magical Unicorn? Sounds like the tagline for a toy, but hey, let's just wait n see :D

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
I saw the trailer for this yesterday. Absolutely cannot wait for it to release. :heart: It will be fun to see what they do with these characters and overall premise.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »
I was reserving judgement when all we had were the stills but now the teaser has me pretty hyped  :frolic:

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2018, 11:12:32 AM »
It will be fun to see what they do with these characters and overall premise.

Agreed, I think the key to enjoying this reboot is a detached excited approach to see what they have done with it. I have faith that the story will be entertaining, and the character revamp will be a new element to discover.

I think I can predict the overall consensus on this reboot, at the end of it: It was great in and of itself, but as She-Ra it is so not even close! I'm already OK with that, so it should be a fun ride for me.
Bring on the dark rainy fall evenings, hot cocoa and snuggly blankets for a fun filled binge watch of new She-Ra!! :D

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »
Weirdly it reminded me of a cut scene from a Japanese game I know, except that the voice is female not male.

I don't like the animation style particularly. But if it comes on UK netflix too I will be game to watch it and see.

What worries me a little is that this is focus on her getting the sword. I like the backstory of her growing up in conquered territory, brainwashed by the Horde. I guess we'll see.

But from that clip I'm reminded of the Japanese game and also Synergy speaking to Jem. I'm not really reminded of SheRa.

As for the voices, the original voices for some of the SheRa cast were appalling. I am fine with these in comparison.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2018, 02:07:34 AM »
The trailer is trash. I will definitely be skipping it. My daughter and son said it looks terrible and my hubby said they made Adora sound like a whiny emo teen - LOL!

My nieces said it looks great and my GF loved it as well. Therefore the trailer is awesome - ROFL!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER Teaser Trailer (2018)

https://youtu.be/zNT-74Andfo

The voice acting was forced, especially the shouting. Hopefully the actress will get into the groove of her character and smooth out.

Looks very promising! Thanks for sharing!  I kinda love that they are keeping to the basic design (outfits) of the original but toning down the over-sexualized look of Shera (in my personal opinion) and instead just making them more like kids- I think it will probably go over well with the kinds of kids that fell for Teen Titans.

Offline TravelingTwinkler

• Captain Jack Pony
  • ~ to travel is to live ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2018, 09:50:24 PM »
I loved the teaser... It really does feel like a sprakly purple pink version of Avatar The Last Airbender, if that makes sense. I'll definitely be binge watching the whole series once it drops.

OH yes! Definitely some Avatar The Last Airbender homage in there along with some love for Sailor Moon in that transformation scene. She sounds large, in charge, and ready to kick some butt. The homages and commanding tone def make me want to give it a shot too.

—mari

{ formerly know as OGTwinkler }

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal