collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Thundercats?!  (Read 11816 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New Thundercats?!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »
Some of this backlash stuff reminds me of the huge chaos over the Jem movie. I am not and have never been in the Thundercats fandom, so I can't speak for them, but the Jem movie created a lot of problems in the fandom and outside of it. Serious hostility between individuals and a lot of personal attacks from fans on both sides. It got really ugly, actually.

I didn't like the idea of resurrecting Jem in terms of a series or movie or anything relating to the story and I still don't. But there's a difference between hating the fact they're destroying something, and attacking human beings. Criticism is fine and opinions are fine and backlash is also fine. Ranting about it on a forum or in a thread like this is one thing. But attacking people is not fine.

The Jem movie was awful, it bombed so bad it didn't even make it to a UK cinema release. The sad thing is that they tried to force it to be 'Jem' rather than just writing an original film with the same story and plot. It might have worked that way, but they removed all the core elements of the Jem franchise. So in the end, the critical side of the fandom were right...and the uncritical side were mostly just desperate for crumbs that acknowledged Jem existed, rather than caring how those crumbs were scattered. But while all that is true, it still doesn't justify personal attacks made on the director and the actors/actresses involved in the movie.

Sad if that's happening to the TCats people. I don't like this reboot. It looks shoddy and cheap and badly thought out. But I can't imagine ever feeling so upset about a reboot of a tv series that I'd want to send anyone hate mail.

Also, TMNTurtles has had more reboots than I can count now. Seriously. Though it does amuse me how they thought ninja was a dangerous word to keep in the title when I was a kid here in the UK and now it's apparently fine xD.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
I dunno, with all the pure ugly and stupidly written reboot shows that are coming up, Mega Man Fully Charged, Thundercats Roar, TMNT whats-it,  ya can't blame people for being thoroughly fed up with this kinda crap.

The Garfield reboot that ran on Cartoon Network about 10 years ago was another prime example. I loved Garfield & Friends as a child so the reboot ticked me off. And then you have the movie, which I adamantly refuse to watch.

Then you have all the horror movie reboots: Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc...

Then as far as television you have the joke that is the Dynasty reboot.

Personally, I agree with LAW. I want to see these projects fail because I think Hollywood needs to get the message that is time to stop recycling other people's work and for creators to take the time to develop their own original concepts instead of taking the lazy way out by utilizing others' preestablished characters and trying to ride on the original creators' coattails of fame.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 08:57:24 AM »
I dont like the look of it at all, I find the art kinda half drawn, even though I never got into the original series, the whole reboot thing is starting to rub me the wrong way.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2018, 09:31:54 AM »
People don't mind reboots and continuations as long as they're good. People aren't railing against reboots themselves, just bad ones.

It is tiresome that people constantly complain about them, even I'm getting tired of listening to ME complain about them. But you know cartoonists, if people constantly complain about your crappy toons, it could be, because they are usually crappy. Not all the time, but much of the time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:15:10 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:08 AM »
I dunno... I feel like there IS a lot of original (as in, non-reboot) content out there. Steven Universe, Star vs. TFoE, Gravity Falls, most of the present Cartoon Network line-up... There are a lot of reboots, yes, but I don’t feel like there’s a huge void of new shows and ideas.

For my part, I actually think reboots are important. They keep beloved franchises alive. For example, Transformers: a lot of people hate the new movies and cartoons, BUT... those things have kept the brand from falling into obscurity. Because TF has maintained awareness and momentum, they’re able to make more “classic” toys and merch (Masterpiece, Generations, Thrilling 30, etc.).

I grew up during the TF Beast Wars/Machines era. There was a whole lot of rage directed toward those series at the time by fans of G1 TF. But you know what? I loved the “beast” era shows as a kid (and still do). Through them,  I eventually discovered G1 TF, which I grew to love as well. Without the reboots, I would probably never have become interested in Transformers at all. The same story can be applied to the Star Wars prequel trilogy, which was also a part of my childhood, and which later drew me into watching the original movies.

Kids today are building their own childhood memories, even as we sit here discussing this. Someday, they’ll be grown up and nostalgic. They’ll probably rage on message boards about the REBOOTS of the reboots we’re currently debating, lol. I guess that’s the new circle of life?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:40:59 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how this:

and this:

turned into this:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2018, 02:51:23 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why the 2010 reboot guy wanted Wily-Kit to be Lion-O's child bride in the third season that luckily never happened.

The reboot made Snarf an ok character. Everybody hated original Snarf. What really sucks is how both reboots took away Lion-O's midriff. It's so important!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why the 2010 reboot guy wanted Wily-Kit to be Lion-O's child bride in the third season that luckily never happened.

It may have something to do with the original series' origin story.  In the original series, Lion-O was actually younger than Wily-Kit and Wily-Kat.  Lion-O was the prince but I think the twins were just children of a local noble who were brought in to be his playmates/classmates.  During the escape from Thundara to Third Earth, they all went into hyper-sleep.  The magic of Thundara made Lion-O grow to his adult size during hyper-sleep so that he would be able to wield the Sword of Thundara and lead the remnants of their world.  Wily-Kit and Wily-Kat were both angry that he got to become an adult while they were still treated like children, even though they were older.  And Lion-O was very immature emotionally and mentally for many of the adventures in the first part of the series. 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »
The newest Snarf is really cute in that style. I can't say the same about the rest. I wonder what Mumm-Ra looks like?

I did watch the original as a kid but I wasn't like a huge fan. Really, I don't watch a lot of stuff, I don't even have TV :lol:

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

The reboot made Snarf an ok character. Everybody hated original Snarf. What really sucks is how both reboots took away Lion-O's midriff. It's so important!

Eww.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Darker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2018, 03:49:53 PM »
The newest Snarf is really cute in that style. I can't say the same about the rest. I wonder what Mumm-Ra looks like?

He shows up at the end of the intro, certainly nowhere near as scary as he should be.

I agree with Skeletor's reaction here.

I really hope He-Man isn't next on CN's list of bad reboots...
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »
I hope it is so I can read the reactions  :lol:
Original Skeletor was goofy as heck! His voice was hilarious, he was stupid and the Christmas special is iconic because he protected kids and pet a puppy. Even the gif posted here makes him look silly. A parody He-Man reboot would be my everything. And a G1 Transformers one!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2018, 06:23:57 PM »
Skeletor needs his own TV show. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2018, 06:38:08 PM »

He needs his own Dr. Phil like talkshow! His reaction to every guest would be like "this is uninteresting and I hate you".

Offline Darker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »

lol

We already have Robot Chicken for that  :P
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal