collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Thundercats?!  (Read 11822 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: New Thundercats?!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
wait people thing Johnny Test is GOOD???

my beef is that the creator is saying that its completely inline with the original show.

It's not! yes 80's thundercats was campy and goofy at its best,but it still dealt with serious issues. but this crud they're starting to pull with shows is basically give kids something simple minded to look at and that's it.
do I wish this series to fail? NO. I actually do think kids will watch it and be entertained its just not my cup of tea, I will try and catch a couple eps but that is about it.
I can't stand the style, its gone cookie cutter, everyone is trying to eat off the success of SU so they copy the style even Disney is doing it with their new shows.

I wanted to like it but I cringed at the opening theme it was like... HOW does this compare to the original? i said it in one post and I'll say it again, I think that song would have worked in a looney tunes/tiny toons episode. not a stand alone theme maybe they'll get a better theme.

I actually liked the 2011 reboot, I didn't care for the love triangle someone else mentioned, but when I heard there was another go at Thundercats? I thought they were going through with another freaking season and giving THAT reboot a proper ending instead of the cliff hanger we got. and then i saw the announcement  and went WHAT. NO.

I swear to Greyskull that Netflix gets She-Ra right.

I want to add, that while I'm sick of rebooted shows getting dumbed down and made stupider <- my dad's words, I don't actually want the show to fail. Because that was one of the key reasons the 2011 Reboot failed, people railed about it and refused to watch and it got canceled. I also blame the crappy time slot it was given as key to its demise, but this reboot has the potential to get the younger generation looking at it and then going to see what the original was like. and like we've done when rewatching shows we watched as kids crack up at how campy it is.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »

my beef is that the creator is saying that its completely inline with the original show.

It's not! yes 80's thundercats was campy and goofy at its best,but it still dealt with serious issues. but this crud they're starting to pull with shows is basically give kids something simple minded to look at and that's it.
do I wish this series to fail? NO. I actually do think kids will watch it and be entertained its just not my cup of tea, I will try and catch a couple eps but that is about it.
I can't stand the style, its gone cookie cutter, everyone is trying to eat off the success of SU so they copy the style even Disney is doing it with their new shows.

I wanted to like it but I cringed at the opening theme it was like... HOW does this compare to the original? i said it in one post and I'll say it again, I think that song would have worked in a looney tunes/tiny toons episode. not a stand alone theme maybe they'll get a better theme.

I actually liked the 2011 reboot, I didn't care for the love triangle someone else mentioned, but when I heard there was another go at Thundercats? I thought they were going through with another freaking season and giving THAT reboot a proper ending instead of the cliff hanger we got. and then i saw the announcement  and went WHAT. NO.

I want to add, that while I'm sick of rebooted shows getting dumbed down and made stupider <- my dad's words, I don't actually want the show to fail. Because that was one of the key reasons the 2011 Reboot failed, people railed about it and refused to watch and it got canceled. I also blame the crappy time slot it was given as key to its demise, but this reboot has the potential to get the younger generation looking at it and then going to see what the original was like. and like we've done when rewatching shows we watched as kids crack up at how campy it is.

Actually, the toyline failing was the cause of its demise.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 01:57:56 PM »

ah the downfall of many a decent show  no toy sales. i don't think i ever saw any toys for them other than the ridiculously over priced thunderfang
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 02:13:19 PM »
I'm sick of reboots, period. Bring some originality to the table instead of resurrecting someone else's creation. That goes for movies and TV shows.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »

ah the downfall of many a decent show  no toy sales. i don't think i ever saw any toys for them other than the ridiculously over priced thunderfang

I saw a few. Kicked myself for not getting Wily Kit and Wily Kat when I had the chance. My daughter still has her Lion-o backpack and Sword of Omens.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:37:49 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 02:48:01 PM »
I'm sick of reboots, period. Bring some originality to the table instead of resurrecting someone else's creation. That goes for movies and TV shows.

I agree.

Or reboot (I kind of hate this word) something that needs it. There are a lot of older bad shows and movies that had solid ideas, or ideas that couldn't be conveyed due to technology limits. That's my main issues with remake movies in particular, especially in horror.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:19 AM »

I agree.

Or reboot (I kind of hate this word) something that needs it. There are a lot of older bad shows and movies that had solid ideas, or ideas that couldn't be conveyed due to technology limits. That's my main issues with remake movies in particular, especially in horror.

THIS, exactly. It seems like every other thing that comes out these days is a remake/reboot/whatever and it's just like, geez, can't we have something *new* for a change?! Just leave the old stuff alone, already!!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
Oh dear. I love Thundercats but this is just...just no. Thundercats were cool. This is not cool!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 09:27:12 AM »
Both my mom and I are disgusted by this. Then I showed it to a coworker friend. She replied "That's so cute!" Really? Thundercats aren't supposed to be cute.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Both my mom and I are disgusted by this. Then I showed it to a coworker friend. She replied "That's so cute!" Really? Thundercats aren't supposed to be cute.

This exactly!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
Edited.  :) btw I don't think that Twitter user actually works on the show.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:04:54 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 12:27:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/NicoColaleo/status/997544040491974656

Apparently this guy working on it says he hates it. Proof positive that the people they hire are tasteless trash. Sounds to me like they're jealous of people who are actually talented and successful.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I don't like the looks of this show, but calling a human being "tasteless trash" because you don't like a cartoon they're working on is really rude and inappropriate.  How would you react if a brony said that about someone who worked on G1 or G3?

Statement retracted for being rude.

Well I don't think highly of their behavior by baiting fans. But your right that was super rude of me to say so.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:08:34 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
I truly appreciate that, LaW! <3 You're good people.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2018, 04:10:44 PM »
I truly appreciate that, LaW! <3 You're good people.

Thank You LM. >_<  I don't think highly of fans baiting and harassing cartoonists, and I shouldn't have stooped so low as to insult them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:18:07 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2018, 04:22:56 PM »
I've heard there's been a lot of backlash about this, and I'm not sure I understand why. Thundercats was pretty dumb to begin with. Enjoyable, but dumb. If you really step back and look at it from a distance. Most cartoons that came out around that time were pretty silly and cheap too, and that's OK. Nothing wrong with that. Just because something is nostalgic doesn't make it an artistic masterpiece, so I'm not too bothered with this new stuff they have planned. It's not my cup of tea and I probably won't watch it though. As far as reboots in general go, I'll take a new idea over a reboot any day. But that's not to say they're all bad. I'm enjoying the new Ducktales.

The first reboot of ThunderCats they did - now that was pretty sweet. I enjoyed that. Although I didn't finish it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:25:24 PM by Stellaluna »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal