collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can G4 Ponies Have "Fading Pink" Hair?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Can G4 Ponies Have "Fading Pink" Hair?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 01:08:18 AM »
Taffeta, are you thinking of this? 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's from one of the comics, like on a MLP Club page or something.

The backcards I have mention "Let wet, curly hair dry before brushing" but I don't think they mention fading.

That's so adorable! I haven't seen such a cute warning since some toy cat packaging advised me that "these cats are great fun to play with but they don't like being chewed, please don't put them in your mouth". I love cutesy stuff like that.

Re fading hair, non G1 ponies who I've spotted with it include G2 Ivy (I had one that was a little faded), G3 Pinkie Pie (I had one whose hair was completely white!), G4 Dewdrop Dazzle and at least some of the G4 Fluttershys. I'm pretty much resigned to spending a lot of my time dunking second-hand ponies in Rit hairdye.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 02:13:42 AM »

The backcards I have mention "Let wet, curly hair dry before brushing" but I don't think they mention fading.

That's so adorable! I haven't seen such a cute warning since some toy cat packaging advised me that "these cats are great fun to play with but they don't like being chewed, please don't put them in your mouth". I love cutesy stuff like that.

Re fading hair, non G1 ponies who I've spotted with it include G2 Ivy (I had one that was a little faded), G3 Pinkie Pie (I had one whose hair was completely white!), G4 Dewdrop Dazzle and at least some of the G4 Fluttershys. I'm pretty much resigned to spending a lot of my time dunking second-hand ponies in Rit hairdye.

That might be what I am thinking of :D Maybe it was the comic. I knew it was said somewhere. It probably was that, because the phrasing I remember was the 'pretty colours may fade' comment.

If you brush wet curls they lose the curl forever. It makes it interesting to clean and style ponies with factory curl. Though if you are careful it's possible to do. And often these ponies can retain some wave in their hair even after this. A lot of my childhood ponies lost their curls because they played in water and I liked brushing them. And one went to a friend's house, she gave the pony a bath and did her hair and the curls came out then too. She was so upset when she gave me the pony back the next day. I have since redone her curls and they've stayed in place, but I know they're not her original ones ;)

It makes me wonder why hasbro encouraged braiding and discouraged washing and grooming at the same time, though. Braiding curls is just as fatal for them in the long term...but Hasbro, certainly in the UK, was obsessed with teaching kids how to braid/plait their pony on the back of the backcard.

Edit to add: Looking at some of my UK cards, they tell kids not to wet the pony's hair at all else curls can drop out. It's only on the cards with curly haired ponies, though o.O. And the baby sea pony ones say let it dry before brushing.

But I can't find any with the fading advice so I guess it must have been the comic after all :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:26:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 07:12:47 AM »

That cracks me up about the cat toys. XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal