Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

NSS help needed - Euro or UK?

(1/6) > >>

ZuluSeashell:
Hi knowledgeable pony people!

I k ow this isn’t truly ‘nirvana’ but I’m not sure where else to post it...

I hope you can help me with categorizing some of my pony variants.
Most were found whilst thrifting in France (my parents lived there for several years) and the rest I got as a child growing up in SOuth Africa.

My question is this:
I always kinda assumed all ponies with a SS version but with no flocking and non glittery symbols were from a NSS set released in the UK. I assumed this set was the same as the SS US set but just with no flocking. This would explain all those ponies with non glittery non metallic darker symbols. But whilst doing some googling I came accross Strawberry reef and see only very few ‘NSS’ on there under UK ponies.
Was there ever an official NSS set released and sold? If so what was it called? And who was in The set? Or was it just variations sold in various sets?

Because many of these ponies were found in France I am guessing they could be euro releases or UK releases purchased whilst people visited UK or other countries in Europe on holiday?

The ones I have from my childhood (bought in SA) are:
magenta tulips Posey
Cupcake
Truly
Shady.
But I understand cupcake truly and shady were sold in SA and Scandinavia in an entirely unique set along with Hopscotch so that could explain them.
(Cupcake confuses me though as Strawberry Reef puts her as a UK NSS but My Little Pony Scrapbook claims Cupcake was never ever sold in UK in any form...)

I also have (from thrifting in France):
Wind whistler
Gusty (Blue painted leaves)
North Star
Cherries jubilee (darker symbol)
Buttons
Which  I assumed were all NSS from one big set.
Am I wrong?

Any assistance would be most welcome... I am really wanting to get these ponies correctly classified.

Many thanks!!
Xxx
 :)

Carrehz:
Others'll be able to help more but I just wanted to say, trust the MLP Scrapbook for UK things, over other sites. :) I think it's the most accurate source of info on the UK releases.

Also, Strawberry Reef hasn't been updated in a few years, so it's probably a bit out-of-date/inaccurate in places.

ZuluSeashell:
Thx
Yes I have realized that since spending a few hours googling and researching. MLP scrapbook is very comprehensive and I think I’ve made a lot more sense out of things now...
And learnt a lot of new stuff too! For example my Gusty from childhood that I always thought was a regular UK release (because she had a UK backcard) is actually a Scandinavian Gusty with green eyes and glitter symbols and Glittery Gusty was never released in UK!! I never realized they never got the unicorns and Pegasus in the early years...
How interesting!
Thank you Tafetta and your amazing page! (I believe MLP scrapbook is your page)

Leikin:
So it seems the Cupcake and Truly where released with the pony friend set in SA, the same as in Scandinavia. :)

Popular refered to as the Movie Star ponies (the set was called Ciné stars in france, as they where promoted along with MLP the movie) you have a varity of NSS versions sold in Europe. This set includes
Shady (also sold with other sets)
Wind Whistler
North Star
Magic Star (different pose)
Buttons (two versions)
Gusty (no glitter on symbols)

Then we had some releases where we bought had CJ with dark and light symbols, Lickety Split with dark and light Symbols, and Posey with dark and light symbols. This set also included both white and green Tootsie, so I assume it was divided in two releases but on the same card.  If I remember correct both Hopscotch and Snowflake where also part of this set.
The European early releases are a little messy at times, as they differ from country to country, and some ponies where released in several different sets :P

Sadly, many of the SS ponies never did get a NSS counterpart. I'm not all that found of flocked ponies :P

And I'm curious, do you still have the backcard for your Gusty? :)

ZuluSeashell:
Yes it seems awfully complicated! Especially since many of them seem to have been released multiple times in different sets.

I do still have my Gusty backcard. NightGliderSA is going to post pics of all my old backcards on the SA thread (the one about SA play sets I think) so keep an eye out there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version