collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can G4 Ponies Have "Fading Pink" Hair?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Can G4 Ponies Have "Fading Pink" Hair?
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:18:31 PM »
Ah, fading pink, a delicate pink that can easily turn to white and drive up the price of a pony if it's hair is still pink. I have always wondered if any of the G4 ponies are known to have this shade of pink for hair, or any other easily fading color in general. I know I took precautions with my Twirly Treats since her hair looks to be that color, although I'm not actually sure if it is.
The My Little Pony Wiki only lists ponies from G1 with hair fading problems so I can't just check their for answers. If anyone has any information at all, and can perhaps provide a list of sorts if so, than that'd be great.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Can G4 Ponies Have "Fading Pink" Hair?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
Dewdrop Dazzle has been confirmed to have it. Esbayne posted a photo of a faded one. Pretzel May have it, but the hair on mine seems okay so far and I'm not keen on taking chances with her. I'm unsure if anyone else has it.

ETA: Here it is.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=390877.0
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:51:41 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:52:44 PM »
Dewdrop Dazzle has been confirmed to have it. Esbayne posted a photo of a faded one. Pretzel May have it, but the hair on mine seems okay so far and I'm not keen on taking chances with her. I'm unsure if anyone else has it.

Whoa... That Dewdrop Dazzle looks like somebody left her in a tanning booth in the middle of the Sahara desert. O_O

It’s so weird that Hasbro is still using that fading pink, after all these years. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:18:34 AM »
Some G3 ponies have it, too.. I know Cotton Candy and Wysteria are two with it, off the top of my head.

Are there any G2 ponies w/ fading pink hair?

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »
Some G3 ponies have it, too.. I know Cotton Candy and Wysteria are two with it, off the top of my head.

Are there any G2 ponies w/ fading pink hair?

Yes, I have Tipsy Tulip and she's got fading pink hair. There's probably more too, but that's the only G2 I own with that color.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »

Whoa... That Dewdrop Dazzle looks like somebody left her in a tanning booth in the middle of the Sahara desert. O_O

It’s so weird that Hasbro is still using that fading pink, after all these years. XD

I know, right??

Although I guess it always happens after the product is bought and has been played with, so maybe Hasbro just doesn't know?  Like, they see the ponies when they're brand new.

I dunno.  I sure wish they'd stop using that color.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »

I know, right??

Although I guess it always happens after the product is bought and has been played with, so maybe Hasbro just doesn't know?  Like, they see the ponies when they're brand new.

I dunno.  I sure wish they'd stop using that color.

I think the non fading light pink like G3 Tea Leaf has is a lovely substitute. A very nice, soft, milky (as
afaik) steadfast pink.

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »
More than not using the colour anymore it should be reformulated not to fade, though it looks like they started using it less frequently after G1. I know there's one release of Fluttershy uses it (one of the rainbow power ones) and I think some of the publicly released Mintys have it (though I'm not sure since I've kept mine in a cupboard)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 09:41:51 AM »
I agree, LaW, I love Tea Leaf's pink hair!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 09:43:38 AM »
I think some G1 cards...I have a feeling either cards or leaflets or something official from hasbro actually mention that ponies' 'bright colours' can fade in the sun or some such thing. I just wish I remember where I saw this. The don't groom curls when wet (but apparently it's fine to braid them >.>) message is more common but I am sure I have seen a fade warning somewhere before.

As for G4, I worry a bit about my Dewdrop Dazzle as the sun seems to chase her around my room but so far so good. The G4 pony I have had out most in sunlight is the one in my avatar, Fluttsi, who is a CMM Fluttershy from the set with the breezie Sea Breeze. She travels places with me and has often been out in the open sun but she hasn't faded. But I wouldn't like to be certain that no Fluttershy hair would ever fade...it seems to be that colour.

I like the fading pink better than the substitute. This is me being picky on colour differences again but they are significantly different and the fadey colour is just prettier to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 09:50:03 AM »
Taffeta, are you thinking of this? 

It's from one of the comics, like on a MLP Club page or something.

The backcards I have mention "Let wet, curly hair dry before brushing" but I don't think they mention fading.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 10:56:50 AM »
I think some G1 cards...I have a feeling either cards or leaflets or something official from hasbro actually mention that ponies' 'bright colours' can fade in the sun or some such thing. I just wish I remember where I saw this. The don't groom curls when wet (but apparently it's fine to braid them >.>) message is more common but I am sure I have seen a fade warning somewhere before.

As for G4, I worry a bit about my Dewdrop Dazzle as the sun seems to chase her around my room but so far so good. The G4 pony I have had out most in sunlight is the one in my avatar, Fluttsi, who is a CMM Fluttershy from the set with the breezie Sea Breeze. She travels places with me and has often been out in the open sun but she hasn't faded. But I wouldn't like to be certain that no Fluttershy hair would ever fade...it seems to be that colour.

I like the fading pink better than the substitute. This is me being picky on colour differences again but they are significantly different and the fadey colour is just prettier to me.

I've never heard of not brushing their curly hair when wet before. Why's that? Is it just because it brushes out the curls easily or?

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
Yep, it's because the curls brush out more easily when wet. :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Can G4 Ponies Have \"Fading Pink\" Hair?
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 04:32:45 PM »

*imagines Taffeta triumphantly putting her in the darkest cave on the planet, when suddenly a strong beam of sunlight spotlights the pony outta nowhere*

Post Merge: May 15, 2018, 04:33:00 PM

The backcards I have mention "Let wet, curly hair dry before brushing" but I don't think they mention fading.

That's neat!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »

This is so cute, I love this so much!! <3

Also, the faded Dewdrop Dazzle is mine! I think she got neglected in the yard for quite a while, I found her at a thrift store.

I compared my normal Dewdrop Dazzle's hair color to my other G4 ponies, and the ones that look like they match her identically are Daisy Dreams, Sweet Song, Mrs. Cake, Fluttershy, and Princess Gold Lily. I can't confirm if they truly fade or not because I'd rather not fade them all, but it looks to be the identical hair color.
The rest of the ponies I have with pink hair, including ones like Pretzel, Honeybuzz, Sea Swirl, Skywishes, Nurse Redheart, Twirly Treats, etc, look to have either a shade lighter or darker and don't look like they can fade. Ones like Twirly Treats and Nurse Redheart have a color more like G3 Tea Leaf's, a more milky pink as LaW said.
Obviously there will be some left out here as I only have a large handful of G4 ponies, but if you have any of the ones I mentioned their hair color truly looks identical (to me anyway, if anyone sees differently let me know!) and you can maybe use them to compare to other ponies!

Next time I go to Walmart I may pick up a Fluttershy from the All About Ponies line, or whatever her newest cheapo release is, for a couple bucks and leave her out in the scorching Kentucky sun for a bit and see what happens. >.> for science, of course...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:23:04 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal