collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Do You Store Your Collection?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
How Do You Store Your Collection?
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:18:24 PM »
For those of you who don't have a dedicated pony room, how do you store your ponies?  I've used different types of crates over the years, but have finally found a perfectly sized Ikea storage crate which is perfect. It allows the ponies to be stored in a single layer whilst standing, which is ideal because that way their hair doesn't end up squished. 

But how you do store your collection? 

Ikea storage crate:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:56:15 AM by starstrider »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: How Do You Store your Collection?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:14:40 AM »
Generation 2 and 3 are mostly currently in tubs.

Generation 4 lurk around the edges of my room but are mostly on one shelf of the bookcase, because their hooves are small enough that they can stand in front of the books, and on the unit in front of my cabinet.

Generation 1 have a whole cupboard that belongs to them. They also have the cabinet, which is where the wingers and SS ponies live. Other ponies also live in the top of the wardrobe, atop the bookcase and in the cupboard over my sink. There's also a couple of shelves given over to them in the cupboard by the desk and backcards are in a drawer or in this cupboard, mostly.

My adult Sea Ponies live around the sink and the baby sea ponies are in a tub with accessories etc under the sink. It's not really a sink that is used so there's limited risk of water.

Recently I added extra space within the main pony cupboard using freezer trays to create a small additional sub-shelf at the back. So now ponies are no longer sitting on top of one another in there :)

All my playsets are in the attic, unless you count the baby buggies and strollers which are downstairs.

Space is a problem.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:26:55 AM »
Ikea billies, they are the best :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 01:55:21 AM »
I have a number of small stackable crates that are deep enough to allow boy ponies to stand upright and they take about 8-10 adult G1s each depending upon pose. I surround the ponies with bubble wrap and they seem to stay put.

These are the boxes I have:
https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/storage-box-with-lid-10l-307296
That's a UK store but I'm sure there will be similar in other countries, it's finding ones of the right depth - those boy ponies are quite tall! I only have a few G2 and G3 and they fit in with plenty of headroom.

They stack neatly 2 or 3 high at the bottom of the wardrobe (though once we've got the risers in the new cabinet sorted then the ponies will be out on display, but the boxes are a useful size for other things)

ETA  These may be too small for a large collection - I only have a few dozen ponies in storage,  many are out on display, so only need have 4 boxes for storage (2 lots of G1, 1 box for accessories and a few babies, 1 box for both G2 and G3). There's also a fifth box that I keep work-in-progress restorations in.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:11:12 AM by PoserBeachball »

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 04:28:58 AM »
Boxes.

And random shelves for the luckiest ones, a plastic bag for ~10 of them and in my cabinet for my very few G4 merch AND McDonald's ponies(All gen).
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:25:21 AM »
i need to upgrade to an “all standing” storage arrangement too.  It was fine until i started accumulating the G4 Mowhawk ponies, FS Shining and RD and now alll the smaller G4.5 boys that have mowhawk:  that type of hair seems pretty easy to mess up in storage.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Store Your Collection?
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:15:44 AM »
I too need a better storage method. My g1 and 3 are on shelves and stuff in my room, but squished like you wouldn’t believe. Pony Tetris essentially.
My g4 and g3 McDonald’s are in our basement, in a small box that barely fits them all. My g4 collectors like funkos and stuffed animals are all in my room as well, along with con merch.
     I desperately want a place to store everypony and playset safely and responsibly.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
Yup! I have a similar method with thin plastic lidded bins I got from Joann's. I like them because they fit under my bed. The ponies stand in a single later. I also keep mine in zip lock bags within the bin, it keeps their hair nice and keeps the colors of the ponies or their hair from bleeding onto each other. I've never had much of a problem with color bleeding personally, but why risk it? I live in a bedroom in a shared house, and keep the ponies I display on rotation on the ledges above my closet and door. It's nice, honestly. Having room for only some ponies to be on display and getting to rotate them out is a thing I like. It means they add a fun element of color to the room without being clutter-y.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 01:11:43 PM »
I have book shelves for the ponies,as for play sets and small parts I have boxes for them, and I keep track of them on my computer.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:37:15 PM »
I have my in Totes or containers. everybody is getting ready for a move. So its has been like that for like a long time. I just can't wait until I get a room of my own. :D

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
All of my G1's are in a wardrobe and the G3's are in crates.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal