collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the weirdest place you've found a pony?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's the weirdest place you've found a pony?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
This isn't the weirdest place, but its where I stole/rescued a pony.  My mom used to be a kindergarten teachers assistant in the 90's.  I would sometimes meet her for lunch.  I saw poor Sunshine pony Sea Flower sitting on a shelf with marks and a mane cut.  Toy Story 3 was not out way back then, but poor Sea Flower now makes me think of that scene where the toddlers are being rough on the toys.  Well, without my mom seeing me(kids were in cafeteria for lunch) I stole Sea Flower away.  One of the first few ponies I got when I started pony collecting in the late 90's.  She helped start my pony mania.

I have a very similar story. I would spend my summers volunteering at the pre-K classroom where my mom was a paraprofessional. There was a game/task which involved pairing two objects and having the kids choose the right one. One of those objects was a very old-lady-looking Bonnie Bonnets! I convinced my mom to swap Bonnie for a G3 Pinkie Pie I had :D The poor pony definitely looked like she was ready to retire.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 07:13:45 PM by Jocelyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 09:48:34 AM »
I found a couple of G3s in a laundromat play area and offered the owners a couple bucks for them. I was just sitting there reading the boring magazines when they caught my eye. They were actually some of the earliest ponies in my collection since I didn't have any as a kid.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »
None of my ponies have come from anywhere weird exactly - I have found G3 and G4 ponies loose in shops but never taken one home as I don't know if a kid might come back to it (no sign of packaging around that it might have been pulled from).

My sister saw baby Lickety Split (the play and care set one) for the first time in the hospital children's ward when she went to visit a friend of hers after the friend had her appendix out. Naynie played with Baby Lickety but never took her home of course :) She also told me that apparently she once found a Galaxy just stood on a table in the open area between the classrooms at her primary school. She'd never seen Galaxy before, only in the comics, but she knew who it was because she had Fizzy. Apparently she spent the whole day sneaking out to peek at it before it ultimately disappeared.

So I guess she's better at finding ponies than I am in weird places. But I wouldn't want to take a pony home if she might belong to someone else. I'd feel bad :/

There was one carboot sale where my sister and I went pony hunting. This is like back in 1995 or something.This is not a weird place but it is a random story, because like Einhornbaby's it's a bit unlikely - yet still happened anyway.

We did well, picked up 5 ponies or so including Baby Ribbon and Baby Lemon Drop and Honeycomb, which made me really excited as I'd always wanted those ponies. And we got in the car, and we're all strapped in ready to go and then Dad leans over from the driver's seat and goes, "is this any use to you guys?"

He's waving a Pretty Vision at us.

We did the whole carboot sale, all of us. My sister was a literal pony terrier and I could spot a pony three rows away by seeing the ear alone. My Dad on the other hand remembers the names of about six ponies (albeit he can tell real ones from fakes). Somehow he found this pony when we both missed her.

All I can think is that it was because she was yellow and red. Dad's favourite colours.

In any case, we didn't have her, either of us, so it was a lovely surprise to round off a great carboot sale. I have custody at the moment, but that Pretty Vision is shared between us. I have another one of my own as well now, but the one Dad found takes pride of place.

And here she is.

On another note, I saw a MOC Holly Dash at the Hyper Japan festival in London one year. That was odd...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 02:23:11 AM »
I did not find a pony in a weird place, however I have collected ponies from an unusual place. My brother in law sent out a query on his WhatsApp neighbourhood group and someone replied saying that they were selling ponies. I bought some of them and we met in Woolworths for The Exchange. Except she had put the ponies in a brown paper bag for which I gave her cash. It must have looked but SO dodgy  ;)

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 05:32:53 AM »
Not a pony but a G2 pony ball, does it count? :biggrin:

Well, I'm living in a flat bloc with a driving school at the corner, as there's a park behind, the floor is grass with a little path. So I was heading to the post office (approx 8 month ago?) walking in the grass, I stepped front of the driving school and saw a ball laying in the floor. I don't know why, but I knew it was pony and without a doubt, I picked it up. There were no one except me around. Then I get back home wonderin' HOW IN THE HELL would such a G2 ball be there? Because yah know, it's G2 not G4!!
With time, I realised that the driving school have a dog, and I may have steal the dog's toy :lol:
Well not going to get it back :blush:

Not my picture, but that's this one:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 05:33:41 AM »
Just remembered another strange place story. This time it's less strange, and more "strange circumstance".
I was at a Wal-mart one time, doing my usual rounds to see if they have anything Muffins related. I did some searching and found an equestria girls mini Dash who was out of her package and missing a leg! Couldn't find the leg, so I brought her up to customer service, and the lady there told me to "Just take it for free. We'd have to take it back to the manufacturer anyway, and either way, we'd lose money."
Come to find out later that wasn't entirely the case, as I believe they get paid for sending back a faulty item, but whatever. Free pony(woman) from a retail store legally! She's resting on my G4 shelf with a makeshift leg made of a sucker stick, some tape, and some string.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 06:47:24 AM »
She's resting on my G4 shelf with a makeshift leg made of a sucker stick, some tape, and some string.

I want to see photos!!!  :P

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
When I worked in a social services organization, we had toys donated quite often. 
So I came into work one day and found MOC Sweet Pocket and MOC Frilly Flower sitting on my chair!!!!
 :green:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:30:26 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 03:28:59 PM »
She's resting on my G4 shelf with a makeshift leg made of a sucker stick, some tape, and some string.

I want to see photos!!!  :P

Me too :D

@LBS - now that IS an awesome surprise!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 11:45:19 AM »
I took my grandfather for a haircut at a local barber shop, and while I was waiting for his appointment to finish I spotted a G1 Parasol peeking out of the top of the kid's toy box in the corner.  The salon owner didn't want money, but they said I could have it if I came back with a replacement pony.  G3s were everywhere at the time, so I went back the next day with two common MIB G3s as payment for Parasol.  Considering she'd been passed around toy boxes and car boot sales for a few decades, she was amazingly minty.  Only surface dirt which all came off, mane and tail uncut and smooth, glittery symbols/eyes/blush all fully intact.  It felt as though she'd fallen out of heaven and straight into my lap.  It didn't matter that I already had a G1 Parasol, I knew she was coming home with me!

Seeing this reminded me of another pony! I found my Wind Whistler in a Hospital waiting room toy box when I was around 5. I had meningitis and swine flu so when I grabbed her, no one took her off me. Mainly because I was a tiny, horribly sick child and people probably thought she belonged to me! (And no one really wanted to touch her after that because swine flu is spread by coming into contact with surfaces that someone infected has touched.)

My mum disinfected her completely and she now lives, pride of place in the middle of my collection with her Pegasus friends. Her hair has sunbleached to white after all these years, so I'm planning to rehair her soon!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 12:40:12 PM »
I found liltot and some pearly petits in my friends barn? :blush: she happily gave them to me

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 03:04:32 PM »
this one was found in my backyard as a kid in the 80s  :cry: sadly she was badly chewed. i found her laying in the sink in a laundry tub all grubby and with chew marks, my dad found her out the back.  i think she had a hole in one leg. i was over joyed and sad at the same time, as i was mad on mlp and didn't have that many, (weirdly i don't remember any of our neighbors owning a dog or a little girl that could have done that), anyways they must either have thrown their  trash over the fence or thought there was a girl over there that would want it. (we had horrible scary neighbors on that side so more then likely thrown there rubbish toys over) she sat there for a while then i think she was thrown away as she was not playable. nowadays all chews can be repaired, oh if i could turn back time  -_- now im just not having any luck getting hold of these girls with my budget  >_<

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 05:14:12 PM »
Not a pony but a Bushwoolie!

I spent my childhood going around toy and train fairs because my Dad loves toy trains. Now most of my non90s Ponies have come from them, I can remember my parents coming back from one with about ten ponies plus the Lullabye Nursery for about £10 (my club ponies were in that lot and my Mum can still remember seeing loads of ponies MOC and MIP on this stall). Anyway I digress.

So, I went to this one at the county showground it used to be held every other month so you can imagine how many ponies I used to pick up for about 50p or £1 (I've never paid more than £5 and that was for Mountain boys) normally you'd find the ponies on the table or in big clear dustbin bags that you could see through if you dug around a bit and I'd always steer clear of any boxes with metal toy cars in as they were always yucky and there was never anything good in them. But for some reason I decided to look through this box of pretty much rubbish broken toy cars and low and behold there was a bushwoolie lurking in there. So you can imagine my eyes. It was only the second (and remains so) bushwoolie I've ever seen and cost 25p. My other came with Princess Ruby.

Slightly less strange was my Mum raiding the reception class rooms at the school she worked in the early 2000s and coming home with 2 Baby Applejack's and 2 Baby Bowtie's. She'd gone on the hunt for their accessories but hadn't had any luck. One's head is a little loose and they're all a smidge mucky but otherwise they're perfect. They now live with their Mums in my bedroom.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 10:01:14 AM »
I got my very first pony, Gusty, from a shoe store. They regularly had ponies, but I think it ended after the ciné stars set. For those who live in Belgium, it was Brantano  :)

And I once spotted the Twinkle Eyes at a gas station.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:09 PM »
When I worked in a social services organization, we had toys donated quite often. 
So I came into work one day and found MOC Sweet Pocket and MOC Frilly Flower sitting on my chair!!!!
 :green:

MOC ones? wooooo lucky!

No good stories to mind but i often find McDonalds ponies of all generations at like Walmart and Target on the shelves.
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal