collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the weirdest place you've found a pony?  (Read 3425 times)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
What's the weirdest place you've found a pony?
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »
The few threads about where to find ponies other than here and eBay got me curious.

What is the weirdest place you've either ever found a pony, or the weirdest place you've gone to get ponies?

Probably the weirdest for me was when I made a deal for a bag of ponies on an app, and picked them up at the bar where the lady worked. We definitely had some sidelong glances from the day-drinking regulars  :drunk:  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: What's the weirdest place you've found a pony?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:18:07 PM »
I know the silliest place I got ponies ! :p
I was in IT college and talked about my ponies to a friend, asked her if she had any ponies and she actually have 3 g1s, so she brought them to school some days later.
So yeah, I got ponies in my IT college during class and I was so happy when I got them, I jumped around for a bit. :lol: This college was the nicest establishment I've ever been to, I am friend with the teacher of that class, so I looked weird, but very happy.
So yeah, I immediately took a photo of them, so these were taken in class. :rofl:
Spoiler

Then I brought them home and they looked much nicer.  :satisfied:

I said she had 3 and that's true, she just didn't give me the third one until some weeks later because reasons. She became my customized Peachy ^^

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:20:06 PM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
My own house in a bag with random metal. My twins sister and I used to play together ( she never had ponies for some reason.m but we shared toys anyway) and she collected some very random bits and pieces to use as toys we would put stuff away by shoving it in a bag or box so buzzer and tappy got stuck in a bag full of metal bits.they happily live in my room now in a special place. Childhood ponies get places of honor.

Also...there was the fakey at the diner....so I have a couple strange habits one I'm super picky about food so I often go to the same places over and over. Mainly my regular diner. The second ...of many...is that I take atleast one normally atleast 2 (baby yoyo and baby rainfeather but sometimes other come along because reasons) ponies nearly everywhere. It's a small diner and the waitresses like us because we are regulars and I hope nice lol so one day my mom and I go in my normal herd with me (ok...more then them that day I had the trinket box with a few more lol) and the waitress gives me this cute purple g4 style fakey (a luna wannabe) with a comb toed round her neck definately falls under stangest ways to get a pony but it was awesome

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
Found my BBE Baby Lickety Split in the backyard when I was 7ish. At the time I didn't like ponies so I left it there, but I eventually rescued her, and to this day she's safely on my G1 shelf.
Come to find out, she aparently was owned by my mother at one point, so she must've been out there YEARS before I found her even back then. <3

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
I found a Minty in a Dandy Lions play area once. I took her because I couldn't find who she belonged to, at the time it was just my friends and I there because of a birthday party, and she didn't belong to any of them.

I also found my Baby Moondream on the floor down the Shambles in York. I saw her just as someone was about to step on her and I nearly screamed. She was a bit grubby but she was in mint condition.

And finally I once found a Sunnydaze burried in the flower patch in our garden. I was really confused and it turned out my brother had stolen her while he was playing with his doctor who figures. She's the same Sunnydaze that I found behind the radiator when we moved house. I'm really not good at keeping hold of her...

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 04:55:30 PM »
I've always wanted to find ponies in a strange place!
Honestly my eyes are peeled everywhere I go. >_> I've heard of people finding ponies in pools (Some blog I read once someone found a baby G1 seapony at the bottom of a pool!), parking lots, parks, sandboxes, etc. Always on the hunt for random specks of rainbows!!

Other than thrifting I haven't found ponies anywhere cool. :c They all still have cool backstories but none of them came from anywhere super random.
I just moved to Kentucky (In my mind it is The Horse State, really) out in the middle of nowhere, but if you know where to look there are tons of thrift stores and antique places, and everyone here, that I've met so far, looooves horses. I feel like if there's anywhere to REALLY pony-hunt, it's here.
Hopefully later on I can add a story!! :D

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 05:06:48 PM »
I have a gen 3 pinkie pie whim I found at work in one of the snow piles after the plows came though. Only her head and body were sticking out, so I dug them out and other than faded hair and scrapes they are ok. They were super dirty and the front desk did not want them so they spent all day in the pocket of my winter coat at work, as I work outside and then they came home with me. She is also the reason I got into gen 3 ponies.

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
I have an interesting habit of finding abandoned and sometimes broken toys in gutters/roads/on pavements, and I always pick them up. I've found two dolls, a Power Ranger, a toy car, a plastic tiger, a wooden turtle, a dinosaur and a teddy bear that way, but I'm still waiting to find a pony! That would just about make my day!

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 01:39:04 AM »
The few threads about where to find ponies other than here and eBay got me curious.

What is the weirdest place you've either ever found a pony, or the weirdest place you've gone to get ponies?

Probably the weirdest for me was when I made a deal for a bag of ponies on an app, and picked them up at the bar where the lady worked. We definitely had some sidelong glances from the day-drinking regulars  :drunk:  :lol:

Ohhh mine is similar to yours! I picked up a bag of Ponies from an app too, the lady gave me the address to her work where I would pick it up and it was a reptile shop! There were so many strange creatures in there! :whoa:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 02:06:00 AM »
Lol, some good stories here :P

I once found a pony on a fleamarket (yay... lol).
It was Beach Ball and she was buried in under random tableware in a cardboard box under a table.
I was there with my friend back then; we chatted and she complained that she never finds ponies on a fleamarket and then... my pony sense tingled!! (gosh yeah I dont know what it is but I can sometimes somehow "sense" ponies ...its spooky lol). So I turned around, grabbed the box and... theres a pony. I handed her to my friend and said "So, there is one for you." lol. The seller was surprise too when she noticed from what box I had pulled the pony XD 50cent Beach Ball <3

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 03:02:06 AM »
This isn't the weirdest place, but its where I stole/rescued a pony.  My mom used to be a kindergarten teachers assistant in the 90's.  I would sometimes meet her for lunch.  I saw poor Sunshine pony Sea Flower sitting on a shelf with marks and a mane cut.  Toy Story 3 was not out way back then, but poor Sea Flower now makes me think of that scene where the toddlers are being rough on the toys.  Well, without my mom seeing me(kids were in cafeteria for lunch) I stole Sea Flower away.  One of the first few ponies I got when I started pony collecting in the late 90's.  She helped start my pony mania.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 12:40:59 PM by Gator »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 03:05:22 AM »
I would totally have done the same :P

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 04:26:56 AM »
I've found numerous toys in my own backyard! Before my family bought the house we currently live in, it belonged to a family with a young girl. I've found a a doll, a rubber panther missing a leg, and multiple dinosaurs while digging around as a child. Sadly no ponies!

And I have to admit, sometimes when I pick my niece up from her daycare I look around for ponies in need of rescuing. Of course, I'd offer to pay for or replace them with something newer the kids may like more.

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 08:18:34 AM »
I took my grandfather for a haircut at a local barber shop, and while I was waiting for his appointment to finish I spotted a G1 Parasol peeking out of the top of the kid's toy box in the corner.  The salon owner didn't want money, but they said I could have it if I came back with a replacement pony.  G3s were everywhere at the time, so I went back the next day with two common MIB G3s as payment for Parasol.  Considering she'd been passed around toy boxes and car boot sales for a few decades, she was amazingly minty.  Only surface dirt which all came off, mane and tail uncut and smooth, glittery symbols/eyes/blush all fully intact.  It felt as though she'd fallen out of heaven and straight into my lap.  It didn't matter that I already had a G1 Parasol, I knew she was coming home with me!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 02:29:15 PM »
I took my grandfather for a haircut at a local barber shop, and while I was waiting for his appointment to finish I spotted a G1 Parasol peeking out of the top of the kid's toy box in the corner.  The salon owner didn't want money, but they said I could have it if I came back with a replacement pony.  G3s were everywhere at the time, so I went back the next day with two common MIB G3s as payment for Parasol.  Considering she'd been passed around toy boxes and car boot sales for a few decades, she was amazingly minty.  Only surface dirt which all came off, mane and tail uncut and smooth, glittery symbols/eyes/blush all fully intact.  It felt as though she'd fallen out of heaven and straight into my lap.  It didn't matter that I already had a G1 Parasol, I knew she was coming home with me!

I'd never have thought to peek in toy boxes at waiting rooms! How cool haha

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal