collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe  (Read 11224 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Universe
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2018, 10:30:05 PM »
I liked this episode. Reasons below because spoilery spoilers
Spoiler
     Ruby and sapphire are just so gosh darn cute and wonderful and I can’t stand it! Mom had to ask me what the heck I was screaming “YES!” for.
     Also, amethyst really showed one of her better moments here. She is the first gem to actually see Steven as someone who doesn’t need all this and more dropped on him. Steven is a massively caring character. But just like how helping others is wonderful, you gotta help yourself too. I’m not the biggest amethyst fan out there (bird Mom for life), but I like her because of her very...nice way of looking at this whole thing. Would nice be the right word? I dunno.
     I’m all for villains being sort of forgiven. Like, if you aknowledge the bad you did, work to make it better, and genuinely want to make things better, you deserve that redemption. Not everybody will give you it, but least your trying to be a better person. But if it’s like what the diamonds have done, and continue to do, it’s going to take a lot more than one or two episodes and an apology.
     Overall, a very good episode. I haven’t felt this was about a new episode in quite some time. Very down to earth with the feels.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
Omg!  Last night's multi episode was, for me, great!  Bismuth is back!  Epic battle!  Just wish Lars and his crew could have been there too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
I loved Reunion! I think I haven't loved a SU episode this much since Jailbreak (the ep that got me into the show).

I just fear we're in for a long hiatus again...

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
aa I wish Lars could've shown up, too! It kills me how they introduced that great storyline and then barely did anything with it.. IMO the "everything has to be from Steven's POV" rule really hinders the show.

"Reunited" was very good! Very exciting, too!! Peridot was the best :D And Bismuth. Bismuth's fast becoming one of my favourite chars, after this week's eps ^^ and ughhh that ENDING.. why did it have to end thereeee... I hope we're not on hiatus for months again :( though I have a bad feeling we will, since CN usually puts their shows on hiatus around this time of the year.. Dang CN and their horrible scheduling.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
I really liked Peridot's interactions with Bismuth! I have mixed feelings on how they plan on redeeming the Diamonds, leaning more towards "please don't".
Watch the hiatus go until 2019! If this set was spread out over a month or two with weekly airings, the hiatuses wouldn't be so bad. I'm absolutely sick of the Stevenbomb schedules.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2018, 05:21:42 PM »
So much love for the recent episodes!!!

I won't put any details so I don't spoil anything, but if anyone here is a fan, I *highly* suggest you watch the last few episodes! 

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »
My sister has learnt, after this episode. I am very loud. Shouting “YES!” Over and over is “annoying” and even if
Spoiler
bismuths return, lapis throwing the whole hecking BARN at blue diamond, the diamonds themselves coming to earth, fighting the crystal gems mere hours after garnets return/ ruby and sapphires wedding...and oh yeah. The cluster. And blue getting squashed under her own gosh darn ship and the diamonds being %110 done with this...
,I’m not supposed to yell.
     I don’t want to see the diamonds being reformed or redeemed. But I want them to at least see what they’ve done, and try to do something to make it better. Aknowledge what they’ve done, at bare minimum. Just not reforming and being full good guys.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2018, 11:13:22 PM »
I think this might have swayed me to get back into SU again with the last few episodes. I had kinda fallen behind and out of it, but these have been so good.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »
I love Garnet, but it was really nice seeing Sapphire and Ruby on their own for a bit.  Especially Ruby . . . I loved her cowboy episode.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2018, 03:49:00 PM »
The last three episodes were really good!
I also liked the songs in the cowboy episode!!

It really does seem they are headed towards winding up the series though- unless they take it in a completely different direction (which is possible I guess)

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 07:39:47 AM »
Whatever they do for the last season I hope it won't contain a single Beach City episode. I really don't care if they make a band or if Ronaldo gets to go to anime con. Just enough with this slice of life stuff and more Gems and how they operate.
I want to know how the Diamonds got to the top, if White created them all and how they relate to eachother. I want to have Jasper/Amethyst interaction. I want each episode to contain Gem stuff.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 09:25:01 AM »
Yeah I hate Ronaldo.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 10:46:56 AM »
The problem with the townie eps is that for some reason, it feels like they're determined to make them as far removed from the gem stuff as possible. It's ridiculous. Give us an ep about Ronaldo hanging out with Lapis. Give us an ep about Bismuth working at the Big Donut. Give us another Mystery Girl ep (seriously, where the heck is she?!). Anything! I'm not against the townie eps on the whole, but they're annoying nowadays since they keep putting throwaway stories that are hard to get invested in, in the middle of interesting plotlines (who the heck thought an ep about the cool kids + Sadie forming a band would more interesting than Lars' adventures in space?! Oh, wait, right, show has to be from Steven's POV). If they could make them more integrated into the main plot, instead of just feeling out-of-place, that would be great.

(Also it'd be nice if they followed up on some stuff.. "Horror Club" had some interesting Lars and Ronaldo stuff and then it never got brought up ever again. Gah... Is it just me or does the show have a tendency to pile more plot twists/mysteries/etc on instead of resolving the ones they've already revealed?)

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 02:12:56 PM »
Ronaldo/Lars was probably never touched upon again because it was something like backstory for Lars being bitter but nothing they wanted to explore. Especially when a lot of fans rightfully dislike Ronaldo episodes. Including me. The ep where he wanted to become a Gem is one of the few eps I never want to watch again.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2018, 02:24:39 PM »
-shrug- if you say so. Just doesn't make sense to me that they'd bring it up in the first place and then never follow up on it. It was pretty interesting.. mind, I don't hate Ronaldo like apparently everyone here does, so. Although I do agree that he's been pretty one-note lately (and I haven't seen it since it aired, but I remember "Rocknaldo" as being... well, forgettable.. so I'm not arguing with you on that one :P).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal