collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe  (Read 11226 times)

Offline SarahMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sarah's Plush N Stuff
Re: Steven Universe
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »
I'm so in love with this show. Even with all the emotional roller coasters regarding the scheduling. 😂
-- Sarah ❤️

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 04:07:30 PM »
There was so much foreshadowing about this, it's not even funny.

Oh, and some of my friends don't like the show because Steven is "fat".  :pout:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
Finally one of my crazy fan theories was right! I can't wait to see where this goes.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »
Spoiler
I  kinda want to talk about this ...

I checked into SU on occasions, I liked the Diamonds reveal, I really liked Blue Zircon, I liked where it was going, making the perfect special maternal flower Rose (that image ALWAYS annoyed the living daylights out of me) rather more morally grey.

But A Single Pale Rose?

I am done forever with this show. I will only ever check out clips that reveal - if they ever will - White Diamond (my theory is that she is a 'Zilla Diamond, the Mother of all Gems, and is literally embedded in Homeworld). But the amount of PLOT HOLES this brings up MAKES. NO. SENSE!!

Yes, I know the Crewniverse had this in mind since the beginning. BUT IT STILL DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! What about Steven's fusions? Being in two places at the same time? Other gems not realising they're not looking at a Diamond instead of a Rose Quartz? To me, this just renders all of Rose's actions absolutely pointless and destroys the image of Pink Diamond built up by the Gems on EITHER side. There are so many points and plotholes that SliceOfOtaku pointed out a lot and the more I think, the angrier I get. I knew Pearl had something to do with the shattering due to her incredibly unhealthy fixation on Rose, I honestly thought she'd be the one to use Rose's image to shatter Pink in order to impress her, and Rose was utterly horrified but pledged to keep Pearl close as she was obviously dangerous in her admiration and 'love'.

Close but not quite, apparently.

So yeah. Steven was annoying enough, but knowing he's also a Gem-Human fusion THAT IS ALSO PART DIAMOND is just ... ARGH!

So, goodnight SU, you were interesting and I liked at times where you were going, but you shot for the moon and blasted yourself in the face with glitter and bad writing.
Spoiler
I am not even remotely interested in the previews. We know Garnet will not be perma-seperated, and I've seen the leaks to do with two of the Diamonds, so this 'invasion' will amount to absolutely nothing.

BAH!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 05:03:41 AM »
Spoiler
Rose/Pink is an incredibly flawed character acting a lot like the master race she was born into and I think the show did a great job at convincing the audience she was doing good.
They took a lot of elements associated with the maternal healer and flipped it (like Rose's flowers being hostile, Rose deciding against shattering the Diamonds not because "if you kill a killer you are just as bad" but because at least two of those Diamonds are her friends). She was portrayed as selfless and selfish at rhe same time and it is so much fun looking back at the episodes and how they all make sense in hindsight and how Rose messed with them all.
That's why I need Jasper to come back because I need that dramatic reveal that she punched Pink's reincarnation :lol:

I don't really care about adults who make youtube videos about their intense cartoon fan theories because they get really angry and stupid when their ideas don't match the show. It's very brony-esque "this show is for ME!!!!!"

It was the same with The Last Jedi when people freaked out because Rey wasn't old man Luke's abandoned daughter.
But at the very least TLJ was meant for teens and not 6 year olds :lol:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 01:59:55 PM »
I tried it out when it was new, I didn't hate it, but something seemed off about the dialogue to me - like it seemed a bit too over explanative or unnatural.  I'm not sure if it was the actual lines or the delivery, but it didn't seem right, and felt like the script should have been re-done at times.  However, I watched some episodes this year, and I didn't notice any of that, even though I know the lines are there in the episodes I saw them in (they were different episodes) so either it depends on the episodes or the writing changed.

I don't really care about adults who make youtube videos about their intense cartoon fan theories because they get really angry and stupid when their ideas don't match the show. It's very brony-esque "this show is for ME!!!!!"

Yeah, I don't like that either.  It's totally cool, in my opinion, to have fan theories, and to prefer them to what really happens, but seriously, just accept that you got it wrong - you can do a fanfiction if it means that much to you.

I'll always be a brony, out of nostalgia, but there whole insisting the show is for them is really annoying.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »
I’m a massive Steven universe fan, and me and a girl at school are still reeling from the pink being rose reveal. Especially because right before that episode aired, she said I was “pretty much rose quartz.” In terms of personality. Didn’t see that coming. Anyway, my thoughts below for those of us that haven’t seen the teasers.

Spoiler
Am I hype for the new episodes? Heck yeah! It seems the crystal gems are going through what the fandom did when we found out too. Except for those who always thought rose was pink diamond. They just kinda gave everybody the “I told you so!” Thing. I’m interested in seeing just how everybody reacts to this.
 And the prospect of the diamonds coming to earth themselves? Oh my god! Let me tell you. This is going to be interesting. And I can’t wait to see alexandrite again. Ain’t no party like an alexandrite party.
     The Rebecca sugar, creator of gemkind, master of the steven universe, will hopefully be satisfied with the fandoms tears and the sacrificial feels from the fandom.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2018, 04:28:13 PM »

It was the same with The Last Jedi when people freaked out because Rey wasn't old man Luke's abandoned daughter.

At what point did I say SliceofOtaku was such a person? I'm pointing out he brought up a lot of plotholes, he's satisfied with where the show is and eager to see what's next, he just brought up excellent points, like the rotation of the gem and Rose's fusions.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

At what point did I say SliceofOtaku was such a person? I'm pointing out he brought up a lot of plotholes, he's satisfied with where the show is and eager to see what's next, he just brought up excellent points, like the rotation of the gem and Rose's fusions.

Nowhere? I said I don't care about these youtube cartoon theorists because you brought one up. That's all. Isn't that the guy who hated on Lapis, called her a badly written and awful character and years later turned his opinion around because he was getting too many response vids? :P That's all I know about him.

The only thing that wasn't all that logical to me was the gem shape. Anything else is hardly a plothole. It's how the show creators decided the story would go and to make Rose's identity less obvious they gave the Diamonds powers the other Gems don't have. Hardly a hole in the plot. Just a trapdoor for the audience.

Wondering about the Gem fusions is fine, but the show reveals things little by little.
Spoiler
Just like everyone was so convinced the SU crew want to tell kids that they shouldn't fight aganst oppression because Bismuth was bubbled. Then later it was revealed that Bismuth was right all along and Rose acted out of selfishness, because she was afraid Bismuth would destroy her and her Diamond sisters. It was all part of her selfish/Diamond character, not the crew's agenda.

Btw, I also don't care if you stop watching the show. I'm not here to convince people. I stopped watching it a while ago and picked it back up out of interest. I just don't get the obsession some people have with it. Something about those pastel shows brings out the worst in grown adults :lol:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »
Since they seem to be headed towards a
Spoiler
Diamond redemption arc
, I'm losing interest. The Pink Diamond reveal was... so lame. It's a shame, because I used to be a HUGE fan of this show. What about that conversation Pearl remembered in Rose's Scabbard? There's no way both that and the conversation between her and Rose we see in A Single Pale Rose both happened - they're opposites of each other. Why would Rose say she'd "stay to fight for earth"? If she was Pink Diamond all along, it's not like she could leave, considering she started the rebellion. Blergh.

At the very least, I'll always love Peridot, Garnet and Zircon.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 07:52:38 AM »
Spoiler
Honestly not sure how I feel about the Rose-is-PD thing. I think I'm gonna have to wait and see how this week's eps go (although I admit I'm not that hopeful for them.. the preview looked pretty lame. Did we really need yet another "characters argue for 5 episodes straight and then make up yaaay" 'arc'? :/).

I dunno. The show's been going downhill for a long while IMO but the last few eps did feel better than the ones before them (if that makes sense). Things felt like they were picking up a bit (...and then the promo for this week's eps came out..). So idk. I guess I've stuck with it this long, might as well see where they're going with all of this.

The gem rotating thing was stupid, though.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2018, 09:07:13 AM »
Spoiler
Rose/Pink is an incredibly flawed character acting a lot like the master race she was born into and I think the show did a great job at convincing the audience she was doing good.
They took a lot of elements associated with the maternal healer and flipped it (like Rose's flowers being hostile, Rose deciding against shattering the Diamonds not because "if you kill a killer you are just as bad" but because at least two of those Diamonds are her friends). She was portrayed as selfless and selfish at rhe same time and it is so much fun looking back at the episodes and how they all make sense in hindsight and how Rose messed with them all.
That's why I need Jasper to come back because I need that dramatic reveal that she punched Pink's reincarnation :lol:

Lol-  yeah exactly.

Well, I for one am interested to see what happens next. My biggest challenge with this cartoon is just remembering to look for it again after a few months - it's not like I can just remember to tune in every 2 weeks

And-  truth be told I'm a little sad Rose isn't fat anymore. I liked that.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
      So a new episode just dropped. Uh...I’ll put my ideas down in the spoiler tag. Watch it, then come back.

Spoiler
I cannot state how much I love pearl and rose/pinks relationship and interactions. So seeing how pink learned to love earth, and came up with the idea of rose quartz because of pearl... I think I’ve found one of my new favourite episodes. And how sapphire and ruby fusing made her fight for gemkind as well. This was an episode that really hit my heart with the funny and cute, meaningful interactions.
     I liked the development pearl has gone through over the series. We always knew she was a pearl, with a servant disposition. I found her demeanour prior to rebellion, as shown here, kinda adorable. She just wanted to please her diamond.
     Overall, a beautiful episode. Really, I think the shows staff have really hit the pearl/rose people hard with the feels. Steven universe crewniverse, well done. Very, very well done.
     And who else laughed when pink and pearl tried to fuse? At first I was like “omg it’s rainbow quartz!” But then they fell. Sounds a lot like another fusion we know.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 05:05:59 PM »
I liked last nights new episode.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2018, 08:12:44 PM »
Tonight's episode was perfect in every way... this week has really been what the series needed. If only it weren't all building towards
Spoiler
a Diamond redemption arc please they drain entire planets of life, own slaves, and kill any citizen of theirs who is born imperfect or steps out of line
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal