collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is your grail pony?  (Read 9493 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your grail pony?
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
I have some that are obtainable and some that aren't quite as obtainable for me...

I've been on the lookout for a pristine Confetti and pristine Toppy. There actually was a beautiful Confetti that popped up on eBay a while back, but I got outbid with 2 seconds to spare. I was gutted. But oh well, I'll just be patient.
Not so obtainble would include SSN Hushabye and a piggy pony. Hushabye isn't crazy expensive, but I've got a real problem with saving up money lol. And as cute as piggy ponies are, I'd never go out of my way to pay that much for one. I would be thrilled if I randomly ended up with one, but I just can't justify spending that much cash on apony that wouldn't even be a part of my "main" collection. (My collection consists of US releases only)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2018, 12:12:01 AM »
Right now, my most wanted are Night Glider, Night Light (big symbol ver.) and Sternanglanz (metallic painted symbol ver.), I love me some celestial themed ponies! They're all quite expensive and relatively uncommon/rare though, so they've been on the wishlist for a good long while.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2018, 12:08:31 PM »
MOC Chief, I know I'd better win the lotto for that one. :lol: As a kid I had cousins and an aunt who danced at powows. My mom helped me make tiny regalia items for him, ones to match what I'd have worn. I was so, so happy to find there was a Native pony. Granted he is horribly stereotypical but it was something.
Atleast we can laugh about how inaccurate a pony that wore a warbonnet and had a tipi symbol things that alot of plains culture has named wigwam a temporary home for people that lived in the forest
Do you mean Wigwam? Chief is a fire station chief. Either way, I'm glad to hear that you got to have such a personal experience with your pony.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2018, 02:34:10 PM »
MOC Glory?  I think any way.   I'd also like Mimic but, for her price  - she'd have to be perfect and I think that's a tough find.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2018, 05:00:19 PM »
My last grails, from what I felt towards them, were Argie Buttons and italian peach colored, Macau style Cotton Candy. I was super lucky to get a decarded Argie Buttons w/o accessories but still/again in her card for much less than I had hoped for, and got a beautiful Cotton Candy with still pink hair just around a month ago. Else, I have been hoping to retrieve a UK Princess Pristina variant with aqua tail quite some time already, one could probably call her a grail as well. I saw her just once and got outbid, that must have been around tree years ago.

Apart from that, I am wondering why I just read "Sternanglanz" (misspelled) already two times? It is "Sternenglanz" actually. :)
Upon a quick websearch for the misspelled version, it took me to Strawberry Reef and also the wiki where I just made the correction. I even checked back on the German card for Sternenglanz  shown on the wiki but it was not misspelled there either.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2018, 08:16:59 PM »
Daddies Sunbright and Berrytown are in my opinion the two hardest to find European/UK release ponies from the last 2 years of release. I am certain they were shortpacked. I remember seeing them in stores, so I know they were sold in my area, but I never found either of them at carboot sales and had to trade for both of them. Aside getting Daddy Sunbright MOC a few years back, I've never had a double of either. I've been doing this online for 20 years and was carbooting before even that, so there are very few UK ponies for which I have never had a duplicate.

What I'm saying is, you may need to be prepared to spend money to get them, so I would definitely wait until one comes up in great condition. It's not worth buying a poor one to upgrade later, you'll just end up spending way more than you need. Definitely save your dollars and wait for a really nice example that fits into your price bracket.

Meadowsweet is not so bad as the others. I am not sure why :/

I definitely planned to save up for all 3, I know I'm probably looking at $150 each minimum, though you never know, I could get lucky (I recently got Ice Crystal for a steal!). Most of teh Euro/UK ponies I have left are in the high end category, there's only 10 of them I have left, so the list is short and I know I'm in the minefield of uber expensive ponies...I do appreciate the heads up though, and I definitely don't plan to buy any that need upgrades, if I go for it it will be ones that are in very good shape...so I am preparing myself for a wait... :/  :cold:

Meanwhile to save money, I am having customs made of the 7 tales ones to save a little money in my collection overall...that may sound like an odd choice, but teh 7 tales to me are sorta an offshoot anyway, I have never seen teh show but I hear its dreadful...still now that its supposedly available at Dollar Tree here in teh US I'm interested in picking  up a copy...

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 06:35:35 AM »
Daddies Sunbright and Berrytown are in my opinion the two hardest to find European/UK release ponies from the last 2 years of release. I am certain they were shortpacked. I remember seeing them in stores, so I know they were sold in my area, but I never found either of them at carboot sales and had to trade for both of them. Aside getting Daddy Sunbright MOC a few years back, I've never had a double of either. I've been doing this online for 20 years and was carbooting before even that, so there are very few UK ponies for which I have never had a duplicate.

What I'm saying is, you may need to be prepared to spend money to get them, so I would definitely wait until one comes up in great condition. It's not worth buying a poor one to upgrade later, you'll just end up spending way more than you need. Definitely save your dollars and wait for a really nice example that fits into your price bracket.

Meadowsweet is not so bad as the others. I am not sure why :/

I definitely planned to save up for all 3, I know I'm probably looking at $150 each minimum, though you never know, I could get lucky (I recently got Ice Crystal for a steal!). Most of teh Euro/UK ponies I have left are in the high end category, there's only 10 of them I have left, so the list is short and I know I'm in the minefield of uber expensive ponies...I do appreciate the heads up though, and I definitely don't plan to buy any that need upgrades, if I go for it it will be ones that are in very good shape...so I am preparing myself for a wait... :/  :cold:

Meanwhile to save money, I am having customs made of the 7 tales ones to save a little money in my collection overall...that may sound like an odd choice, but teh 7 tales to me are sorta an offshoot anyway, I have never seen teh show but I hear its dreadful...still now that its supposedly available at Dollar Tree here in teh US I'm interested in picking  up a copy...
I think its a good cheesy 90s cartoon
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2018, 02:07:31 PM »
I always love My Little Pony Tales :) I don't think it's dreadful. But I also grew up with Bright Eyes as a childhood pony and they were in the comics too, so I guess I have a nostalgia for them as well.

And no problem on the heads up xD. The Daddies are well worth the waiting for, they're all very nice ponies, so I wish you lots of luck in finding them. The rarer European and UK releases sometimes do go for a lot of money unfortunately :( (also congrats on your Ice Crystal steal!)

@Tiara - I feel exactly the same way every time someone types "Baby Licorice." It's Liquorice. It's meant to be the British spelling. That's her actual name :P
I shall refrain on commenting again on Strawberry Reef as a G1 ID source ;)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »
My ultimate grail would have to be variant Starglow or MOC Starglow. A girl can dream...

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »
My pony luck is close to nill, so these may not seem like crazy grails, but they are for me. Crumpet, Daddy Apple Delight, and Baby Apple Delight!

I consider nirvanas to be a whole other grail hunt. Maybe at least one of the yellow/white/red/blue argie nirvanas, or Jenny, if I ever come across either.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »
Pink dreams
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2018, 09:09:12 PM »
^Well, hopefully the dry spell on her won't last. She's a nice, pretty pony. There's actually one on eBay for $55 US if you're willing and able to drop that much on her. She's in nice condition, even has her wings.

My big grail pony, I already have: Hollywood. Definitely a proud part of my collection. I actually got her relatively cheap because she's chewed and has had a severe haircut.

After her, I would guess Mimic. Any condition, but ideally with both of her eyes present. Here's hoping Hasbro includes her in the reissues because her secondary market rarity and corresponding high price have been driving us nuts for years.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2018, 04:47:48 PM »
Night Light and Night Glider

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline MerryAnvil

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »
Ice Crystal is my ultimate grail. I've been in love with him ever since I was a little girl and saw the Mountain Boys for the first time, but darn, he's so expensive  >_< Maybe someday!

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »
Night light! She’s so gorgeous :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal