collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is your grail pony?  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your grail pony?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 09:15:53 AM »
Chief.

I've wanted him for awhile, and my mom is determined to find me the perfect one on ebay. She didn't find an affordable one last year so hopefully I'll get one for my birthday in August. In the meantime, I can't look for one myself, so he's unattainable until he's finally gifted to me, eventually.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »
Mimic. I could probably save for her, but I often have things to pay for. I may start putting a little aside each week to save for her.

Other than that, probably the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe. It's hard to find!
Currently looking for: NIP G1 Sweet Stuff.

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »
Munchy was also sold in the Netherlands I believe.

If it cheers you up any, I found Night Glider here in the UK, and she's from the same set. She wasn't sold here either. Sometimes ponies do travel. You never know.

I don't have Munchy myself, but my sister does, she's a favourite of hers because of the theme xD.

My grails are probably now - loose, Baby Sugarcake, who is constantly on sale lately but always out of my price bracket. I have been looking for her for about 18 years. I have her sister, but not her. But I have been fortunate enough to see her and even hold her at ponycon :) They wouldn't let me take her home though :( ;)

My MOC grails are all ponies from my childhood collection. Windy (Rainbow Pony) on the UK vertical card is #1 because she was my first pony. I have missed out on her twice on ebay now, once ages back because I had no money, and once recently because I didn't know she was there till after the auction had already ended. But it gives me hope there are still Windys out there. One day I will have her.

The other two that are really high on my grail MOC list are Pearly baby sea pony Ripple (UK card) and Rainbow Curl Pony Rainbow Magic (UK card). I do know both of these also exist as I have seen them for sale but just missed out on them.

Ohh okay! if she was sold in the EU i suppose she could have more likely travelled :) Its annoying sometimes i see collectors talk about EU exclusive ponies and how lucky i am to live in the UK in that respect but all the ponies i like are mail order in the US or just never saw international release  :| Lets hope i can find a mountain boy in the wild lol. And you have quite the list! MOC ponies are appealing to me but if i cant afford used ponies i will have no chance getting MOC  :silly:

all I really want is non so soft wind whistler,pina colada and fizzy.
That isn't too muh to hope for right? ;)
That seems obtainable! :)

Rapunzel and she will surely take me about 20 years to save up for...
I'm so glad I have no interest in Rapunzel! Good luck in saving/ finding in the wild!

One day I want my very own Takara pony, but Ebay's base price is over a thousand dollars for one.
I didn't know what the Takara ponies were until recently, I would kill for one of the plushes!

Grail pony for me right now is Rapunzel , I would not mind if I found a bald one at this point.
But she isn't Rapunzel if she doesn't have beautiful long golden hair ;)

Mimic. I could probably save for her, but I often have things to pay for. I may start putting a little aside each week to save for her.

Other than that, probably the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe. It's hard to find!

I wasn't aware of the Slipper playset until like this week (I'm a total noob). A youtuber I like found one recently in a goodwill along with 4 other G1 playsets and she payed next to nothing for them, I have faith you will find one!

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 09:57:14 AM »
*whispers* I got Rapunzel for 50p. Technically. But if I hadn't, I wouldn't have her. She's nice, but not that nice.

@Emily_katie - I have that annoyance too with people saying we're lucky. No, we weren;t lucky ;) All the ponies I wanted growing up were ones like medley etc which we never had. But for US people, they're super common. I would have given up a lot of UK exclusives we had later on to have had those over here when I was a kid. Seriously.

I DO love the early ponies we had and I do love that we had Mountain Boys, regular eyed ponies and regular versions instead of SS ponies. But it's genuinely a case of always wanting what's out of reach...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 06:51:36 PM »
It's a toss up between Fireball & Thundercloud.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
Oakly the Moose.... I have a serious love of moose being from the north and collect plushies and things featuring them. Discovering Oakly was just- m heart could have exploded for love of him but then I saw his going price...even back then it was too much for a thrifty person like me to hope for.

Someday.

Weirdly, I have his brush and ribbon. A fellow collector sold me a bulk lot of g1 accessories from a craigslist lot she won because she didn't collect them. I told her I couldn't pay hr what the lot was worth and she'd be better off selling elsewhere but she was so super sweet and insisted on selling to me.

Comparing the ponies she got in the lot to the accessories and looking up mint in package references I found I have a lot of comb and ribbon matches for some rarer ponies. So when he comes home, he's got his things waiting for him <3

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 07:53:42 PM »
Well my grail for a long time was MOC Mimic.  Then last month my amazing husband bought her for me so that itch was scratched!  After having her as my grail for so long there is not another that I want as badly but the top of my list now is Nightlight.  I love her colors and the time has come to make her mine!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 08:20:11 PM »
Sternanglanz. So pretty, and the pose is beautiful :) But I doubt I'll ever get her with her price and me being located in the US where I can't find her locally.

Sterenglanz is amazing!

I think if you know where to look, she's definitely attainable even if you live in the US. I don't think she's as expensive as some of the others in that set but there are some variations on her symbol I think so some may be more expensive than others. So I suggest if you aren't worried about variations, find out if one is cheaper and go hunting in lots for her :) She was sold in Germany and Austria at the very least, and I see her come up for sale quite a lot...

Thank you for the advice! I'll go hunt right now actually!

Another one of mine is Pillow Talk. So pretty... She isn't that expensive either, but I really only hunt locally. So it's possible.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »
Sigh.... Princess Taffeta.... I've lost count of the years she's eluded me... I've come close a couple of times, only to be outbid  :wail:  I can't afford her singularly, so I'll have to source her in a lot sometime.

And I'd love to get Lavender Lace back. I had a beautiful one that I sold in a dispirited pony moment. Learnt my lesson there. Haven't been able to get one back since.

Both those ponies will happen... good things to those who wait!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 09:29:00 PM »
While there are several ponies I want, a g1 twilight with not rubbed off glitter would be awesome! I love starry, space themed ponies, and she is no exception. But a my pretty pony would also be one of my grails. I just...There’s something about it and I want it.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
Oh, Mewtwofan1 - I hope you get a pretty pony one day - she is so worth it. I finally scored one and she is so big and delicious! I'll keep you hopeful with this piccie ;)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 01:09:30 AM »
Any SA pony really, but specifically Windy who I used to have as a child. But who went missing. At least I do live in SA and so 'have a chance' of finding them in the wild as such. But I have been looking for ponies in every possible place for 3 years now and in that time I have found... two. So it isn't as easy as one might imagine.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »
Oh, I have so many grails I dont even really know where to start :P  I cant decide which I want most ^^

A lot of different Lemon Drops still in package, mostly MOC German baby Lemon Drop. I have seen one, but I doubt she will sell her anytime soon :P

Otherwise I have MO Mommy and baby Or MO Sweet Scoops.  I just love their colour combinations! :)
And some rare nirvanas I most certinately would have to sell some organs to get hold of :P

I just hope I'll win the lottery some day, so I can afford everything I want :P

Well my grail for a long time was MOC Mimic.  Then last month my amazing husband bought her for me so that itch was scratched!  After having her as my grail for so long there is not another that I want as badly but the top of my list now is Nightlight.  I love her colors and the time has come to make her mine!

Wow! I was eying her on ebay. She is truly a gem! Congrats on getting her! :)  At least I have her loose, so I think I will settle with that ^^

Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 01:34:59 AM »
Currently my grail is a G1 Gingerbread that doesn't look like she was left in a puddle of motor oil for 10 years. Imma be saving up for that for a while. > .>;

I'm not hoping for any super expensive ponies, I can barely afford the common ones as it is, lol!
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 04:38:00 AM »
I got outbid by less than a dollar on a green-haired Peruvian Lickety Split (she sold for less than $50! [sob]) years back, and the few that have come up since then go for waaaaay more than I can afford. I suppose all 6 Takara adults (especially the blue and green ones) are pretty impossible grails as well.

However, by far my most wanted ponies are - and I know this is weird - the last few Hasbro Pop/Design a Ponies made before the line got cancelled. Specifically, Starry Eyes, Meadow Flower and Cloud Chaser, as well as small Celestia. I waited too long to buy them on Taobao and they sold out, and as far as I know they were only ever sold in stores in Scandinavian countries. If you know where I can find these, PLEASE PM ME! I'm starting to give up on ever owning them.

hello, I saw your despair for the pop ponies and I might be able to  help (especially for tiny celestia), so I pm'd you.
Hope you don't mind :)
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal