collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is your grail pony?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
Re: Who is your grail pony?
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2018, 03:51:49 AM »
I have some that are obtainable and some that aren't quite as obtainable for me...

I've been on the lookout for a pristine Confetti and pristine Toppy. There actually was a beautiful Confetti that popped up on eBay a while back, but I got outbid with 2 seconds to spare. I was gutted. But oh well, I'll just be patient.
Not so obtainble would include SSN Hushabye and a piggy pony. Hushabye isn't crazy expensive, but I've got a real problem with saving up money lol. And as cute as piggy ponies are, I'd never go out of my way to pay that much for one. I would be thrilled if I randomly ended up with one, but I just can't justify spending that much cash on apony that wouldn't even be a part of my "main" collection. (My collection consists of US releases only)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2018, 07:12:01 AM »
Right now, my most wanted are Night Glider, Night Light (big symbol ver.) and Sternanglanz (metallic painted symbol ver.), I love me some celestial themed ponies! They're all quite expensive and relatively uncommon/rare though, so they've been on the wishlist for a good long while.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2018, 07:08:31 PM »
MOC Chief, I know I'd better win the lotto for that one. :lol: As a kid I had cousins and an aunt who danced at powows. My mom helped me make tiny regalia items for him, ones to match what I'd have worn. I was so, so happy to find there was a Native pony. Granted he is horribly stereotypical but it was something.
Atleast we can laugh about how inaccurate a pony that wore a warbonnet and had a tipi symbol things that alot of plains culture has named wigwam a temporary home for people that lived in the forest
Do you mean Wigwam? Chief is a fire station chief. Either way, I'm glad to hear that you got to have such a personal experience with your pony.
:enraged: Please take my G3 combs and ponies! Sales post HERE
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
MOC Glory?  I think any way.   I'd also like Mimic but, for her price  - she'd have to be perfect and I think that's a tough find.

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2018, 12:00:19 AM »
My last grails, from what I felt towards them, were Argie Buttons and italian peach colored, Macau style Cotton Candy. I was super lucky to get a decarded Argie Buttons w/o accessories but still/again in her card for much less than I had hoped for, and got a beautiful Cotton Candy with still pink hair just around a month ago. Else, I have been hoping to retrieve a UK Princess Pristina variant with aqua tail quite some time already, one could probably call her a grail as well. I saw her just once and got outbid, that must have been around tree years ago.

Apart from that, I am wondering why I just read "Sternanglanz" (misspelled) already two times? It is "Sternenglanz" actually. :)
Upon a quick websearch for the misspelled version, it took me to Strawberry Reef and also the wiki where I just made the correction. I even checked back on the German card for Sternenglanz  shown on the wiki but it was not misspelled there either.

Online heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »
Daddies Sunbright and Berrytown are in my opinion the two hardest to find European/UK release ponies from the last 2 years of release. I am certain they were shortpacked. I remember seeing them in stores, so I know they were sold in my area, but I never found either of them at carboot sales and had to trade for both of them. Aside getting Daddy Sunbright MOC a few years back, I've never had a double of either. I've been doing this online for 20 years and was carbooting before even that, so there are very few UK ponies for which I have never had a duplicate.

What I'm saying is, you may need to be prepared to spend money to get them, so I would definitely wait until one comes up in great condition. It's not worth buying a poor one to upgrade later, you'll just end up spending way more than you need. Definitely save your dollars and wait for a really nice example that fits into your price bracket.

Meadowsweet is not so bad as the others. I am not sure why :/

I definitely planned to save up for all 3, I know I'm probably looking at $150 each minimum, though you never know, I could get lucky (I recently got Ice Crystal for a steal!). Most of teh Euro/UK ponies I have left are in the high end category, there's only 10 of them I have left, so the list is short and I know I'm in the minefield of uber expensive ponies...I do appreciate the heads up though, and I definitely don't plan to buy any that need upgrades, if I go for it it will be ones that are in very good shape...so I am preparing myself for a wait... :/  :cold:

Meanwhile to save money, I am having customs made of the 7 tales ones to save a little money in my collection overall...that may sound like an odd choice, but teh 7 tales to me are sorta an offshoot anyway, I have never seen teh show but I hear its dreadful...still now that its supposedly available at Dollar Tree here in teh US I'm interested in picking  up a copy...

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • i love sprinkles
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »
Daddies Sunbright and Berrytown are in my opinion the two hardest to find European/UK release ponies from the last 2 years of release. I am certain they were shortpacked. I remember seeing them in stores, so I know they were sold in my area, but I never found either of them at carboot sales and had to trade for both of them. Aside getting Daddy Sunbright MOC a few years back, I've never had a double of either. I've been doing this online for 20 years and was carbooting before even that, so there are very few UK ponies for which I have never had a duplicate.

What I'm saying is, you may need to be prepared to spend money to get them, so I would definitely wait until one comes up in great condition. It's not worth buying a poor one to upgrade later, you'll just end up spending way more than you need. Definitely save your dollars and wait for a really nice example that fits into your price bracket.

Meadowsweet is not so bad as the others. I am not sure why :/

I definitely planned to save up for all 3, I know I'm probably looking at $150 each minimum, though you never know, I could get lucky (I recently got Ice Crystal for a steal!). Most of teh Euro/UK ponies I have left are in the high end category, there's only 10 of them I have left, so the list is short and I know I'm in the minefield of uber expensive ponies...I do appreciate the heads up though, and I definitely don't plan to buy any that need upgrades, if I go for it it will be ones that are in very good shape...so I am preparing myself for a wait... :/  :cold:

Meanwhile to save money, I am having customs made of the 7 tales ones to save a little money in my collection overall...that may sound like an odd choice, but teh 7 tales to me are sorta an offshoot anyway, I have never seen teh show but I hear its dreadful...still now that its supposedly available at Dollar Tree here in teh US I'm interested in picking  up a copy...
I think its a good cheesy 90s cartoon
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me