collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is your grail pony?  (Read 9525 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Who is your grail pony?
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2018, 11:06:17 AM »
I would love one on that card too. I only know of one surviving example in English of a 2nd set Rainbow on that card though and it's Flutterbye. Though there are some Nirvana versions (Italy,Spain etc) on those cards in German/Spanish/French. The girl I know who has the Flutterbye says she thinks she bought it from Australia originally.

Thanks for the info.! I've been very curious about where it was from. I saw a pic of Confetti online on that card in English, but I have never seen one for sale. Have you seen that pic? She looks so pretty on that card and is one of my favorite ponies.

I didnt, but it's nice to know that there's another one out there :) I would love to own one of them too one day.

*sigh* cards are lovely, aren't they? :)

@Beckysaurus - dragons used to be really common on the second hand scene, we used to find them at carboot sales a lot but not so much now. One thing that I found when we used to carboot is that sometimes the seller knew they were pony dragons, but often they didn't. They most often got tossed in with pencil toppers and things like that. So maybe if you're feeling like a detailed ebay lot hunt, it might be worth going and checking other things like that that are non-mlp, where the seller is in the UK, in Italy or wherever else dragons were sold. It's always worth a try :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2018, 04:41:23 PM »
Daddy Sunbright is my current grail...really all 3 daddies, but Sunbright is my most wanted....

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2018, 08:23:51 PM »
MOC Gusty, Ice Crystal, Barnicle for G1
G4 would be SDCC prototype big eyed Muffins

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 04:43:05 AM »
Daddy Sunbright is my current grail...really all 3 daddies, but Sunbright is my most wanted....

Daddies Sunbright and Berrytown are in my opinion the two hardest to find European/UK release ponies from the last 2 years of release. I am certain they were shortpacked. I remember seeing them in stores, so I know they were sold in my area, but I never found either of them at carboot sales and had to trade for both of them. Aside getting Daddy Sunbright MOC a few years back, I've never had a double of either. I've been doing this online for 20 years and was carbooting before even that, so there are very few UK ponies for which I have never had a duplicate.

What I'm saying is, you may need to be prepared to spend money to get them, so I would definitely wait until one comes up in great condition. It's not worth buying a poor one to upgrade later, you'll just end up spending way more than you need. Definitely save your dollars and wait for a really nice example that fits into your price bracket.

Meadowsweet is not so bad as the others. I am not sure why :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2018, 04:53:09 AM »
Those Daddys are really hard to find. -_-

My current grail is Red Roses! For MIB/MOC it is MIB Sugar Apple and MOC Fizzy on german card.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2018, 07:58:42 AM »

@Beckysaurus - dragons used to be really common on the second hand scene, we used to find them at carboot sales a lot but not so much now. One thing that I found when we used to carboot is that sometimes the seller knew they were pony dragons, but often they didn't. They most often got tossed in with pencil toppers and things like that. So maybe if you're feeling like a detailed ebay lot hunt, it might be worth going and checking other things like that that are non-mlp, where the seller is in the UK, in Italy or wherever else dragons were sold. It's always worth a try :)
That's basically how I found my bushwoolies and wands: in a box of princess toys at a yard sale. The seller didn't know they were mlp.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
MOC Chief, I know I'd better win the lotto for that one. :lol: As a kid I had cousins and an aunt who danced at powows. My mom helped me make tiny regalia items for him, ones to match what I'd have worn. I was so, so happy to find there was a Native pony. Granted he is horribly stereotypical but it was something.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »
A Pony Bride, with perfectly beautiful hair and clean body. Don't need her veil or cake or anything, but I am so terrible at doll hair that I don't think I could rescue a frizzy Bride  :cry:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »
A Pony Bride, with perfectly beautiful hair and clean body. Don't need her veil or cake or anything, but I am so terrible at doll hair that I don't think I could rescue a frizzy Bride  :cry:
I see Pony brides around  quite a lot, so I have faith you will find her! As for the hair I think its quite hard to find any pony with mint condition hair, especially ponies with long hair! I'm sure if you find one with bad hair you could get help from some of us in the Arena :) Have you ever tried soaking hair in fabric conditioner and then flat ironing on a low heat? That helps me a lot when I get a pony with unruly hair that a basic wash and comb doesn't fix  :happy:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2018, 01:55:10 PM »
Blue Posey. <3
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2018, 03:37:20 PM »
I see Pony brides around  quite a lot, so I have faith you will find her! As for the hair I think its quite hard to find any pony with mint condition hair, especially ponies with long hair! I'm sure if you find one with bad hair you could get help from some of us in the Arena :) Have you ever tried soaking hair in fabric conditioner and then flat ironing on a low heat? That helps me a lot when I get a pony with unruly hair that a basic wash and comb doesn't fix  :happy:

I think if you keep looking this is definitely a grail that's doable. There are always people who kept their childhood ponies really nice.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2018, 07:41:34 PM »
german Starshine and mexican pegasus Baby Blossom have been my grails for over ten years, finally got them.  now I'm just looking for nbbe brazilian Baby Lofty.  dutch Baby Dolphin I want almost as much.

as far as grails for non-nirvanas, I mean, there's a TON that I want very much but haven't gotten around to dropping the money on.  Babies Splish, Splash and Splosh are very up there. 

for me a grail is a pony that is HARD to obtain because of rarity and/or cost.  so while I won't be dropping the cash on Munchy any time soon, it wouldn't be hard at all to grab one of her if I had the money to throw.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2018, 01:39:48 AM »
Greek Ladybird, Greek baby Minty, Frenche Shy pose Cotton Candy and Indian Cotton Candy, though they will have to wait 'til I either get a new job or win the lottery.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2018, 07:43:38 AM »
Right now, my gotta-have-it grail isn't even a pony.  It's the baby pony wear elephant suit.  I have been looking for it for years but I do not think I have never even seen it for sale.  I have seen missed eBay auctions, but not active ones.  Unless you count the green and yellow Argentina(?) version.  I never thought it would be this hard to find.  My cousin has it from her sister's childhood collection, but she won't give up her MLP, darn it.  They just sit in storage! 

Unobtainable type grail would be Takara Milky I suppose.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2018, 08:26:28 AM »
MOC Chief, I know I'd better win the lotto for that one. :lol: As a kid I had cousins and an aunt who danced at powows. My mom helped me make tiny regalia items for him, ones to match what I'd have worn. I was so, so happy to find there was a Native pony. Granted he is horribly stereotypical but it was something.
Atleast we can laugh about how inaccurate a pony that wore a warbonnet and had a tipi symbol things that alot of plains culture has named wigwam a temporary home for people that lived in the forest
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:29:27 AM by Mami Tomoe »
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal