collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Removing Ingrained Dirt?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
Removing Ingrained Dirt?
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:12:44 PM »
I need help >_<

My Gusty has serious ingrained dirt all over her legs and hooves and I can't get rid of it at all. I've tried soaking her in all sorts of cleaners and I've even tried the vodka method (much to my dads dismay) and nothing seems to have worked.

Is there a secret method?

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Removing Ingrained Dirt?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »
In my experience, it's tedious but possible to open up the pores containing the dirt with VERY HOT water and scrub it out. Its a temporary solution at best as if exposed to dirt the porous plastic can refill but it's a labor of love and very very time consuming. I've scraped my thumbnail down to nearly nothing scrapping the dirt out before.

Good luck hun, save your girl <3

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 03:27:23 PM »
Mainly replying to see what others say! My collector pose Applejack has this issue quite bad. I've seen others suggesting scraping the pores with your nail but it doesn't work and it hurts  :yikes:

My next plan is to boil her in a pan or use acetone lightly to see if it lifts it... its on her face and everything :'(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »
Mainly replying to see what others say! My collector pose Applejack has this issue quite bad. I've seen others suggesting scraping the pores with your nail but it doesn't work and it hurts  :yikes:

My next plan is to boil her in a pan or use acetone lightly to see if it lifts it... its on her face and everything :'(

The trick is to get boiling water to open the pores and scrap the dirt out immediately after. Scraping without the heat does nothing sadly and neither does acetone :c I hope you can help repair your girl

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
Yep, use boiling water!

First, get some REALLY hot water. Submerge the affected area for about 30 or more seconds the get the pores to opened up. She should feel very very squishy. This part's optional, but you can squirt some soap on. Then use your fingernail and SCRAPE. Dig in there, don't be shy! Once you feel the vinyl getting less squishy, submerge her again and repeat. This takes a while.

Hope this helps :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »
You can also use a popsicle stick but yeah, it requires hard scraping and near-boiling water to dip the pony into...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »
You can also use a popsicle stick but yeah, it requires hard scraping and near-boiling water to dip the pony into...

A Popsicle stick? I literally never had thought of that but it makes sense! Nice tip, thanks.

I may only put forth that sort of effort for a rarer pony though considering how much work it is to remove. It's truly a labor of love.

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 02:16:49 PM »
Thank you! I've never thought of using boiling water, but I'll try it! I'll have to use my mum's nails though because I am a serious nail biter, my nails have never reached the ends of my fingers, haha!

Do you think a toothpick would work? I think I have some somewhere.

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 02:29:14 PM »

I've tried using needles to pick out dirt like you possibly could with a blackhead but you risk puncturing the vinyl. Perhaps try out like debit card? I am planning to scratch the surface of Apple jack with old loyalty cards I have :) I will let you know how it goes

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 02:34:32 PM »

I've tried using needles to pick out dirt like you possibly could with a blackhead but you risk puncturing the vinyl. Perhaps try out like debit card? I am planning to scratch the surface of Apple jack with old loyalty cards I have :) I will let you know how it goes

Thank you! I was actually just about to throw out an old Clubcard, but I'll keep hold of it for now to see if it works!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 08:56:52 PM »
I have never tried this but I remember people using those blackhead expelllers that you can get at beauty supply stores instead of scraping.   

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2018, 06:50:18 AM »
Hello all!

So pin dot is not so bad if you deal with it correctly. Firstly you must use really hot water and soak that part of your pony in the water. Secondly, you need to use liquid dish soap; it does help. I personally prefer to take the pony's head off as with so much soaking in the water it is almost impossible to avoid it getting inside the pony.

Now, dear people, do not rub your nails down to your fingers. You need to use my Secret Weapon as shown underneath this spoiler:

Spoiler

A fish knife...

And this is why. It has an edge which is sharp without cutting and you can use it to scrape at the dirt on the flatter parts of your poor neglected pony. Like so:

And, what is more... it has a wonderfully useful point. For places like this which not even the stiffest and best kept fingernail can easily get in to:

I do hope that this discovery of mine helps save all your fingers - Happy pony rescuing! :)

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2018, 04:59:29 PM »
Hello all!

So pin dot is not so bad if you deal with it correctly. Firstly you must use really hot water and soak that part of your pony in the water. Secondly, you need to use liquid dish soap; it does help. I personally prefer to take the pony's head off as with so much soaking in the water it is almost impossible to avoid it getting inside the pony.

Now, dear people, do not rub your nails down to your fingers. You need to use my Secret Weapon as shown underneath this spoiler:

Spoiler

A fish knife...

And this is why. It has an edge which is sharp without cutting and you can use it to scrape at the dirt on the flatter parts of your poor neglected pony. Like so:

And, what is more... it has a wonderfully useful point. For places like this which not even the stiffest and best kept fingernail can easily get in to:

I do hope that this discovery of mine helps save all your fingers - Happy pony rescuing! :)

I’ll have to keep this in mind next time! What a great trick :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal