collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pullips?  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pullips?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 05:32:00 AM »
Sunsparkle, your taste in Pullips is very similar to mine! Kaela, Celsiy and Akemi are such strong designs. Especially Kaela with her backstory as a love detective. She is spying on people to see if they cheat! My dream profession :lol:
I also love shorthaired girls. Probably because I am one, ha! But I just find the super long hair on Pullips to be hard to take care of and I'm always afraid of curls because I don't want to destroy them.

I love my Peter a lot. Her nude make-up and peach colored eyelids are just so pleasant. Very feminine but not too sparkly-girly as some other dolls. I think the doll was clearanced a lot because Peter Pan is not exactly a figure that is popular in the doll market. Tinkerbell Dal and Tigerlilly Byul seemed to sell much better.

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 10:15:52 AM »
@Sunsparkle Peter Pan really is a beauty.  I you how you dressed her.  I found one at Tuesday Morning years ago and was smitten.  Her eyes are so pretty!  She is the one I blame for dragging me into Pullips.  Before then, I didn't see the appeal.

@Zapper I agree, long hair and curls are intimidating.  I usually avoid curls and fancy up-dos.  I tell myself that if I do run into problems, I can always replace the wig.  But that's a lot of money to throw around.

I'm really excited about the new "Girlism" doll.  What is that? lol.  But I adore her blonde bob and face-up.  Pullip Style   The dress is pretty too but I kind of groan inside about how to keep it dust free.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Syreada

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 09:32:21 PM »
I have some pullips!

I can't post pictures quite frankly because I haven't figured it out yet lol. But I have Cornice and Raphia (my first two), Batgirl and Catwoman, Asuka and Rei, Assa, Grell, Ala, Hello Kitty, Principessa, Regen Fanatica, Moon, Nero, and Lunatic Queen out of the box, I have a Rozen Maiden whos name escapes me (black dress, white hair) and Princess Serena from Sailor Moon still in the box. They are less in the box for MIB sake and more because I know I'll be moving and they will be safer in their boxes. Makes for an interesting display.
Thanks DreamvalleyMLP for the avatar!

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
I have some Pullips too!

They are lovely, but now I wish I wouldnt have bought so many (they take up so much room!!!).  I kinda feel like they were a bad investment since they were so costly to begin with and the value hardly climbs much.  I didnt purchase them mainly as investment but hoped value would increase.  Also, I would like to purchase some of the newer dolls Im currently in love with (lol :biggrin:), but I just cant see myself spending so much right now and the price just keeps increasing...  Id like to sell some of the doll from my collection and buy some newer dolls, but it would probably be hard to sell :|

My favorite doll I have: Romantic Alice, and my most valued doll: Chelsea

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
my girls!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »
I've been wanting to get into pullip for a while now and I am THIS close to buying Tiphona.

recently have spent a couple hours looking at all the different dolls, focusing on what faceup I like the most (since I'd just change her clothes anyway tbh). then I looked them up on flickr to see what they look like with different eyes/wigs, and Tiphona blew the others out of the water for me. I don't like her outfit much and am neutral on her hair (I'll likely leave it for quite a while before dabbling with replacement wigs lol) but omg her faceup!! <3__<3 she just seems like a really good First Doll. she's also within a reasonable price range for me. I keep thinking, why am I about to buy this doll when I could buy two grail ponies for the same price??

btw is her name pronounced "tai" or "tee" (or a short i like in "bit"?) -phona, anyone know?
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »
I was thinking of deboxing my fantastic Alice and adding a little makeup with her existing makeup with watercolor pencils.  I don't think I'm artistic enough and don't feel confident enough to completely remove her existing face.

I've never attempted this.  My question: do I need to set her makeup with a spray afterwards?  I'm thinking I probably do... if so what do I use to set her new face?  Also, how much would I spray?  Or do I need to completely remove her face before doing any kind of makeup?

Btw, loving th doll pics:-)  Also im looking to purchase Princess Serenity or Wedding SM, since they look so similar, which would you all recommend?  Or do i really need 2 SM dolls in white dresses bc they both look beautifully different?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:33:17 PM by Kiwichi »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 03:54:26 PM »
Eternia, your girls are so cute! I love Pompom's hair <3

Offline ScreamingDaisies

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:35 AM »
I collect Pullips :D My favorite 2 are Naoko and Rida. But I'm most bonded with my Pink Faux Fur Haired Paja <3 I just got Marianne and am so psyced - she's the doll that got me into collecting!

The next doll on my wishlist is Bloody Red Hood.. swoooon! Chelsea is a wishlist girl too.

If anyone want to trade my ponies for their dolls. Hit me up :D

Thank you babyblueducky!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 04:00:43 AM »
I collect pullips also due to pony friend getting me into them, I never thought I would collect dolls but have done for a few years now and think they are just as great as when I first started collecting them

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »
Anyone else excited for the Garden of the White Witch she wasn’t my fave from the contest entries but after seeing her Prototype think I’ll end up getting her

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »
Anyone else excited for the Garden of the White Witch she wasn’t my fave from the contest entries but after seeing her Prototype think I’ll end up getting her

I had to look her up.  LOVE her.  That face-up is beautiful. 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 06:22:39 PM »
Groove did a fantastic job replicating her.  She's not my cup of tea, but I do think they did well.
If I ever have any extra fun money I really want kayano!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 02:07:12 AM »
The replica is amazing but I disliked this design for being too busy and similar to an older release. I am just not into that type of Pullip, especially with the horrendous price point.

Anybody notice the top three dolls in that contest all looked samey? The color scheme, business, hair color and lolita inspo was evident in all three.
I am a tad disappointed. I mean,sure, the people have spoken. The majority wanted that type of doll.
But some of the entries looked so unique for Pullip. Even with the same color scheme, the fairy one couldn't win.

Offline Sugar-N-Spice

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 07:48:38 AM »
So, I have 3 Pullips left from my past collection, and 1 Dal. Admittedly, I got rid of several when I started getting into BJDs instead, but actually ordered 1 of my Pullips and 1 Dal recently, as I started looking at old pictures and missing them. I am still wondering what I did with several of the wigs I had for them... I wish I had kept them all, because they would have fit on some of my BJDs as well! Anywho, so here's my pics of my girls now, and my girls that are long gone:

These 2 have been around since the beginning of my dolly addiction:

These 2 are the ones I just got recently, and still haven't changed eyes or wigs yet:

This is the girls that I have had to let go because of money, moving, space to keep them, and BJD addictions:

And lastly, just some group pics of all of them together, just for eye candy!:

Gah, this is a REALLY old one!! Merry Christmas!!

I must have sold all their clothes and shoes and wigs when I was getting in BJDs... :(

:heart: Thanks Moonbreeze for my cute pony!!! :heart:
My Etsy Shop l Precious Caffeine l My Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal