collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pullips?  (Read 4286 times)

Offline keri1234

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Pullips?
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:11:51 PM »
I remember that back in the day (around 2009/2010) Pullips were a big thing on this forum. In fact, that is how I got into Pullips in the first place...and then that led to BJDs as well. I haven't seen Pullips around the forum for a while and I see that there are no recent Pullip threads. Is anyone into Pullips these days? I'd love to see pictures!

Here's my first girl, Amy, a Pullip Nina/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to TwilightWhispers for my signature and SourdoughStomper for my avatar!

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pullips?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »
Pullips are the gateway drug to BJDs in my opinion.  ;)

I don't have pictures at the moment, but I have 3 anime Pullips (Rozen Maiden's Shinku, Black Butler's Sebastian, and Cyborg 009's Cyborg 003) and one Dal who is in desperate need of a makeover/restoration.

I love the little setup Amy has! Is that little chair those ones meant for phones? I've seen some of those in the little Claires section of my local Toys 'R' Us (RIP). If mine is still open, I might have to pick a couple up for them!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
I have a few.  I think about 10?  But I don't have one of my collection all together.

This is my redressed girl:

And my secret favorite.  Shhhh....

And they are definitely a gateway to bjd.  But so were monster high and Tonner dolls.  Or... maybe anything doll.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 06:22:55 PM »
I'm still actively collecting Pullip, I have an absurd number of them  :blush: . Himawari is one of my newest girls so I'll share a few pictures of her...

Pullip Kayano just got announced recently, she will be released in September in Japan (October in the US)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
I recently got back into pullip last year! The community has really shrunk :( when I went looking for the old forums, they were all gone! The omocha Facebook group seems to be where it’s at now! I have...10? They are currently packed from moving but I am having so much fun with them again!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »
only one i have is a Taeyang one that looks like hide from X-japan I can't remember his name for the life of me
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »
So, I have 36? I think?

I saw Abasca the other day and her husband insisted she had 100, but she claimed only 63!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »
only one i have is a Taeyang one that looks like hide from X-japan I can't remember his name for the life of me

hash? there are several actual Hide taeyangs now ...

i have about 35 ... facebook has really killed most forums ... can't stand it, so disorganized and chaotic :\
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline NsMLPonies

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • NsDollyCouture
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 07:08:07 AM »
I only have 1, and that is a Dal that I customized, but I am trying to either sell it trade her for a Pullip! I may eventually obtain quite a few of these wonderful little dollies, but Idk. :P

Honestly, I'm more of a blythe person!
COMMISSIONS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 08:42:49 PM »
I have Bloody Red Hood, Naoko and Peter Pan (redressed) as well as a Mocha MiO I am constantly changing ^.^

Offline NsMLPonies

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • NsDollyCouture
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »
I have 4 Pullip dolls coming my way shortly! They are Zuora (not sure if I spelled that correctly. Lol), Hangry, Sweet Macaron, and Hanyaama. I'm trading bjd clothes for them
COMMISSIONS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 02:20:19 AM »
I still have my first two Pullips (Ala and Taeyang Hash) but over the years I just got tired of dealing with Pullips' problems. I sold Eos and Mir before completely clearing my wishlist. The only ones still clinging on are the Little Prince release, since I waited more years than I care to admit for them to finally be made. But the quality just isn't worth the price at all. Poor quality wigs, bodies, eyes, clothes/accessories, faceups... its just too much. I'd rather spend such a large chunk of change on a doll that doesn't need extra work. I don't customize or make clothes/wigs myself so its just too big an investment.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 03:45:37 AM »
I still have my first two Pullips (Ala and Taeyang Hash) but over the years I just got tired of dealing with Pullips' problems. I sold Eos and Mir before completely clearing my wishlist. The only ones still clinging on are the Little Prince release, since I waited more years than I care to admit for them to finally be made. But the quality just isn't worth the price at all. Poor quality wigs, bodies, eyes, clothes/accessories, faceups... its just too much. I'd rather spend such a large chunk of change on a doll that doesn't need extra work. I don't customize or make clothes/wigs myself so its just too big an investment.

They have gotten way too expensive in general. A custom artist can create something for 160 bucks that is better quality and has the OOAK factor.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 03:09:43 AM »
I only have two. I don't collect them although they are pretty - I don't have space to anyway. I have a Nomado - she is loose though I have her box somewhere still I think, and she sits with her guitar on top of the box of the other whose name currently eludes me but she's in a kimono with a butterfly headband. I got her as a present for myself for some achievement, maybe my MA, because of her pretty Japanese wear (and she stays in her box as I couldn't display her better than she currently is). But that is it. I'm not interested in increasing the collection because of the cost and space demands. They are very pretty though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 01:08:15 PM »
Everyone has such lovely dolls! I  have one, Peter Pan who I got a few years ago for Christmas. She was half price, and I really wanted Meiko because she’s adorable and I though a short wig would be asked to look after, but her price and hard to remove boots (I’m clumsy) made me go for Peter Pan instead. I’d love her to have a friend, I don’t mind if it is a pullip or dal, but she hangs with the winx for now. If I could pick any, I would go for Kaela, Celsiy or Akemi :) my mum thinks dolls are terrifying and said it can’t be one with curls and a long frilly dress, but she thinks pullip is lovely.
Here are some pictures of my girl (sorry they are not professional!)
Spoiler

Mlp Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal