collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So What's up with Bubblefish?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
So What's up with Bubblefish?
« on: May 02, 2018, 02:23:58 AM »
Hello Everyone!

So I was on eBay a (long) while ago and I bought Bubblefish from Australia. Because everyone needs her, right? Even if she didn't have her fish any more. One should not hold that against her. Then I sat down to wait very patiently for my nice cousin to bring her out when he came to visit. Fast forward a few months and ... whoops ... one popped up on our local site. She had her fish but had also been chomped on her muzzle. But she still had her fish. So, then there were two. And when they finally met I noticed that there were some differences apart from the fish or lack thereof. One, let's call her Mrs. Aus, is stamped China. And Mrs. SA forgot her stamp at home completely. Is that normal? They are also different shades, but I did put that down to fading.

Can anyone give me some more info on this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: So What's up with Bubblefish?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 04:26:41 AM »
Huh, she looks to be a 'No Country' pony which is typical of some Spanish Ponies.. but she is not on My Little Wiki's list for the No Country ponies (but it has been proven that the wiki is missing some ponies).

Where did she come from?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 06:49:36 AM »
Ooooh another pony mystery
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 07:10:44 AM »
I can’t offer any advice, but this is quite the mystery.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:20 AM »
She is No Country :) It is believed that they are Spanish (but we don't honestly know for sure as we have not seen the backcards/boxes)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=442696

I have seen NC versions that have slightly different hair colours and body colours :) but I am not so up to date with the variations within the China made ponies.

Just to confirm, you got the NC stamped pony locally in South Africa? (this is going back to the discussion we have been having in Nirvana about the various releases)

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 09:58:45 AM »
Ah, what a neat story!

I had something sort of similar happen to me with Sweet Pocket. I had one who was missing her charm (from a Canadian lot), then later I bought another in the US that was in slightly rougher shape but had her bee. Only when I had them side by side did I find out that Ms. Canada was a NC!

Here are my two, with NC on the left and China on the right:

Please ignore the curly/straight and blue/purple hair, that's just Pocket Pony weirdness. :P
Although it is interesting to see how different sun exposure has affected them. NC's hair is bleached stark white and her flower is yellowed, but her body is still nicely lavender. In comparison, China still has quite pink hair and flower, but her body is yellowed. Between the two of them, I have a nice pony, but what can you do? ^^;

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
Tehe I love that Precious Pocket pony weirdness :P my two Bubblefishs have different body- and haircolors, its totally cute I think!

vs.

comparison of hair colors :

(both China girls, just as an example how different these sets ponies can be <3)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
BlushingBlue you found her in Canada?! Thank you for sharing side by side pictures, you can really see the differences (blue vs. Purple stripe)

Einhornbaby they are different too! The two different shades of pink in the mane.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
Well crap, now I'm going to have to dig out my pocket ponies and check their hooves  :drunk:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 07:01:14 PM »
I've always been fascinated by Pocket Ponies. It's cool seeing all these variations.

I wonder... what does a Pocket Ponies' symbol feel like to them? Does it hurt?  :huh:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »
I've always been fascinated by Pocket Ponies. It's cool seeing all these variations.

I wonder... what does a Pocket Ponies' symbol feel like to them? Does it hurt?  :huh:

I bet it tickles when it rains!  ;) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »

I bet it tickles when it rains!  ;)

And maybe it gets super annoying when their 'pockets' fill up with rainwater? 'Ugh! I have to empty my pocket AGAIN!?'

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 12:19:05 AM »
She is No Country :) It is believed that they are Spanish (but we don't honestly know for sure as we have not seen the backcards/boxes)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=442696

I have seen NC versions that have slightly different hair colours and body colours :) but I am not so up to date with the variations within the China made ponies.

Just to confirm, you got the NC stamped pony locally in South Africa? (this is going back to the discussion we have been having in Nirvana about the various releases)

Love pkw xxx

Oh wow, this is so cool! Thank you everyone  :)

Yes pkw, I bought the NC girl here in SA from a trader who buys ponies locally in order to resell. He is not a collector. The poor girl is actually in really good condition but for those chomp marks.

I also bought NC Mommy Apple Delight in SA. She is one of two I have seen for sale.

Thank you for sharing your story BlushingBlue! Cool that this also happened to someone else.

@ Einhornbaby, your ponies are lovely: it is variations like this that 'force us' to have so many doubles in our collections  ;)

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 08:47:25 AM »
I have nothing constructive to add other than that I think it's funny that a few people have charmless pony and then bought one with a charm because just a few hours ago, I was taking a photo for my Instagram account of Sweet Pocket and I thought to myself "I'd really like to get this pony with her charm one day" since the other two in the set that I own I have with their charms.

I think we all start off with the "it doesn't matter that she's missing her charm" and sure enough, a while later it turns to "you are nice and all but I really need one with a charm".

BlushingBlue, I LOVE that you made her charm into a necklace, I'm assuming the string broke or was lost.  It's such a cute way to display it.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 08:52:29 AM »

@ Einhornbaby, your ponies are lovely: it is variations like this that 'force us' to have so many doubles in our collections  ;)

hehe, totally that :D I love these variants!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal