collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A trade with issues - resovled thanks  (Read 2791 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
A trade with issues - resovled thanks
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:29:55 AM »
I traded with someone on here the boards. She is saying to send her package would be too much to mail it. She wants to work out the trade and I am trying to help. I don't believe she has mailed something international before. I think she is new at this. I told her the last ditch effort would be to mail the package I sent her back to me. I posted this because more people with help would be grateful.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:27:19 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: A trade with issues
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:05:18 AM »
Oh crap. She should have check the price of international package before accepting the trade so. It was expensive for you as well as it is going to be for her, I'm sure!?
I thinks she'd better sent you her package, as resending yours would cost the same for nothing also.

To help, you can say to her she just need to wrote your address on the box and put it to a postal point, they should be able to help her filling the forms and gave an exact price on shipping. If she's lost at it, it's the better thing to do.
Sorry, hope it is going to be fixed!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »
I hope so too, I know re-sending would cost her more in the long run. :/ (oops) I hope it can get all straightened out. I mail with a small business card from the postal office. I signed up for one to save me on discounts. She asked about it. I think if people mail alot of packages like I do they should get one. :/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 10:20:11 AM »
Yikes, what a mess!!

Another possibility would be if she Paypalled you money for the ponies, I guess, if you were open to that.  Definitely charge her for the shipping you paid if you go that route.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »
I understand LM. Thanks for everybody's imput. :/ I would hope she would send her half it seems the most less of a trouble. :/

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 11:14:00 AM »
Yikes, what a mess!!

Another possibility would be if she Paypalled you money for the ponies, I guess, if you were open to that.  Definitely charge her for the shipping you paid if you go that route.
UGH.  Trading always has this risk...  :(  Too bad she didn't realize that she could have packed it up and estimated the cost on the website prior to making promises to you.  I always expect shipping to be crazy high and to not associate it with the "trading" part of the transaction because CanadaPost and my trade partner have nothing to do with each other.  I have "poured a lot of money down the drain" when it came to getting the trade ponies to my partner but that's just the price of shipping!  :(

I agree that Paypal may be the only easily-navigable solution at this point.  Hopefully if they are a member of this community we can all collectively learn from this experience.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »
Well, we both agreed on paying each other's shipping but thank you all for the help again :) Everything in life has changes or risks. This is no different. :0)

Offline NsMLPonies

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • NsDollyCouture
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
Well, we both agreed on paying each other's shipping but thank you all for the help again :) Everything in life has changes or risks. This is no different. :0)

I'm glad that you guys have everything worked out! Do you mind me asking if he/she is in the US? It costs me about $15 to mail one pony to the UK
COMMISSIONS PERMANENTLY CLOSED

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: A trade with issues - resovled thanks
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
I'm glad it worked out!  Gosh I wish postage wasn't so expensive.... :(  *pony hugs to BOTH of you!*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »

I'm glad that you guys have everything worked out! Do you mind me asking if he/she is in the US? It costs me about $15 to mail one pony to the UK

They are in the US. I mailed to sweden again. That was wow. Though I really expect it mailing international. I just love those nirvana ponies.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 11:31:44 AM »
I'm glad you resolved it, but I have to say that the responsibility in a trade is to send your half of the trade. And complaining after one package has been sent that it's too much to send isn't really viable. I mean, I understand high shipping, but checking before sending is important too.

Hopefully your trade partner took something from this and will weigh their packages in future so they're aware of this risk. US postage is particularly expensive these days albeit I think other countries also have this problem - I know France in particular has some crazy shipping prices sometimes, and that's just shipping over to me across the channel, so I imagine it's worse to outside the EU.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 09:56:27 AM »
I'm glad you resolved it, but I have to say that the responsibility in a trade is to send your half of the trade. And complaining after one package has been sent that it's too much to send isn't really viable. I mean, I understand high shipping, but checking before sending is important too.

Hopefully your trade partner took something from this and will weigh their packages in future so they're aware of this risk. US postage is particularly expensive these days albeit I think other countries also have this problem - I know France in particular has some crazy shipping prices sometimes, and that's just shipping over to me across the channel, so I imagine it's worse to outside the EU.

This!!  What I usually do in a case where my shipping would be higher than theres is to have them pay the difference so our shipping costs are equal.  This has worked well for me.  If it costs them say 12 dollar extra to ship to me and their box only cost me 5.00 to ship, I send 7.00 to cover the overage of the money too.  All of this is worked out before a trade is agreed on.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:58:37 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal