collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Today's finds...to round off April  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Today's finds...to round off April
« on: April 29, 2018, 07:17:09 AM »
I have to be honest. I had originally planned to visit the Netherlands this week because I had always wanted to do a proper King's Day pony hunt after years of hearing about it. BUT because of my stupid university messing around my work timetable and refusing to tell me if I needed to work on thursday, I couldn't go. I;m sure the Dutch ponypeople are happy about that ;) but I was annoyed.

BUT actually I've had a great week :) Spent Friday with a pony friend...who kindly smuggled some collector ponies into the UK for my sister and I. Sister and I are still negotiating who gets who, but between the two of us we should end up with a whole set. Cookies for the pony friend :D (Or Kinder Eggs. Or Tootsie Rolls, if preferred ;O))

Then today I went to a collector fair which I go to sometimes.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's today's purchases. There was a lot I didn't buy, including a bunch of BAB plushes because I have no space. I am probably not going to have space for the Zilla celestia either but she's cute.

Some of this will be for trade, eventually. I bought Paintingtime literally for her bag (>.>) so now I am only one bag short, but she will be up for trade (she looks excellent :D).

Got a few water cuties too. I like those :) Celestia and Twilight Sparkle are really pretty. I always forget which ones of these are the harder to find ones. Cadence is the only one I think I am missing now - I picked up all the ones I saw because I couldn't remember :)

And I nearly missed Lulu Luck at the bottom of a box. And Starbeam Twinkle I bought thinking she was a duplicate and actually looking at her I don't think she is, so I guess she's staying too.

Plus that G2. I have been admiring her colours on ebay for ages. I am so glad I didn't buckle and buy her for ebay prices, because she was so cheap and is so pretty <3. I think her name is Water Lily.

The Kiss Curl also has the rarer reverse symbol variation and pink hair :)

And yes. That is a Holly Dash. Which is ironic, as I was just saying to pony friend on Friday that I was waiting for her to start showing up second hand. She will be ultimately be up to trade.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Today's finds...to round off April
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 07:25:17 AM »
Wow beautiful finds!!! My eye was immediately drawn to your Kiss Curl! What a beauty. Congrats!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 07:51:31 AM »
Nice finds.

Hopefully next year you will be able to come over for Kings Day. And you are welcome to join me in the pony hunt :)

I would settle for these nice ponies too.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 08:26:22 AM »
Congrats! Such nice finds :) I saw an orange band around Painting Tine's neck and then saw her bag! Congrats!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 08:56:19 AM »
Nice finds.

Hopefully next year you will be able to come over for Kings Day. And you are welcome to join me in the pony hunt :)

I would settle for these nice ponies too.

:lovey: that would be so much fun. Thank you for the good thoughts. I've been wanting to do Kings Day since it was Queen;s Day -literally 20 years ><. And this year I was actually going to, and then university -.-. It would've been fine except the class would've run on Thursday evening, so that would've been a bit pointless :( Never mind. It sounds like such a fun event. One day...

@Safflower, those bags drive me nuts. I never had any of that set as a kid, and I have had several of them through my hands over the years, but only one loose bag and that actually came from a european lot. I have Musictime MOC from a clearance store and now two loose bags, so I am still one short. Cookery Pony aprons have never caused me as much hassle as school satchels.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 09:41:49 AM »
What a great lot, youre lucky, Taffeta :D I too love those little bags the school ponies have <3 They are pretty rare these days!! (tip : search Barbie accessory boxes, many people associate these bags with Barbie clothes :P) Same is with those darn aprons -_- I think I have... one maybe lol. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 10:20:49 AM »
great haul!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 12:03:12 PM »
What a great haul! I think it is as good as any Kingsday haul ;) Congrats on your finds!
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 12:23:00 PM »
What a great lot, youre lucky, Taffeta :D I too love those little bags the school ponies have <3 They are pretty rare these days!! (tip : search Barbie accessory boxes, many people associate these bags with Barbie clothes :P) Same is with those darn aprons -_- I think I have... one maybe lol. 

Ooh that's a good idea. I hadn't thought about that, but they're such a lurid neon colour that makes sense. I remember Sindy also having some beach bags or other in that kind of fabric - my sister had a few of those as a kid.

Actually I think I may only have 3 aprons but I only have 3 cookery ponies and one is MOC ;) The other my sister has but she has an apron too so I haven't looked for those in ages. They never seemed as hard to find though somehow...I guess this bag will belong to my Paintingtime, which leaves Playtime waiting for hers.

I have just brushed out Lulu Luck and Starbeam Twinkle and they are in lovely condition. I don't know why there are so many samey pink unicorns though. At first glance through the bag and her hair I thought Starbeam Twinkle was the nameless one from the playset and when I took her out she had stars as a symbol instead so I realised she wasn't. And Lulu is also pink. Twinkleshine is pink too, I have her as well. And isn't Cherry pie also a pink unicorn? *head spins*.

@Strandperle -thank you :) I am quite happy with it. Am totally in love with this G2 as well. I don't go mad over getting every G2, but some are just beautiful in colour and it makes them look really elegant. Blue and white is a colour scheme I like anyway, so when I saw her I just grabbed her up right away. I didn't even know she was sold here O.O.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »

@Strandperle -thank you :) I am quite happy with it. Am totally in love with this G2 as well. I don't go mad over getting every G2, but some are just beautiful in colour and it makes them look really elegant. Blue and white is a colour scheme I like anyway, so when I saw her I just grabbed her up right away. I didn't even know she was sold here O.O.

She is a beauty! Love her colours as well. There are some G2 with a beautiful and pretty unique colour scheme that make even non-G2-collectors buy them :)

I always rummage through Barbie boxes too. Always hunting for mlp brushes and combs :) in fact that is where I found one of these aprons some time ago :) It is funny to see the look on the sellers face when after digging and digging in the box for what felt like hours you ask for the price of one small piece :D I was often even given pony combs for free with a smile from the seller :)
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 12:59:48 PM »
I did get Fireball's brush in a bag of brushes and combs from the last toy fair. Unfortunately the only one I need is Lightning's, but I guess I won't complain about that?. The bag had other brother combs, schooltime pony combs and baby Lucky's comb in it as well as some G2 and G3 stuff.

I love when sellers give stuff for free :D My sister used to get given dragons all the time...she was small, blond and cute, and so she'd always bring home free stuff.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 01:13:06 PM »
 Congrats Taffeta! Especially jelly of Holly Dash, Water Lily and the Water Cuties.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 07:01:33 PM »
They looking stunning! I love the ponies you got, congrats!!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 09:24:05 PM »
Very cool. I didn't know Painting Time came with a bag!  What a score, even if you intend to sell the pony.  :D

Congrats on your finds :frolic:

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 07:54:39 PM »
So weak for that Baby half note! What a great haul!! Huge congrats!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal