collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plastic face plush (Monchhichi, Pet Surprise, art dolls & more) - any fans?  (Read 606 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I rediscovered my love for vintage and new plastic face plush critters. I recently found out about Toy of the Year Fur Babies (Bush Babies in UK and EU).
They have a retro design going on that reminds me of Monchhichi and they have a gimmick that lets you control their ear and eye movements.

I fell in love and ordered one immediatly and now I've been looking at other ones and realized how much nostalgia I have for that particular subset of toys.
There are also artists who create their own and sell them through etsy or ebay. Like fantastic Gremlins replicas or own creations.
I also love the kind of art plush doll with a sculpted face, inset eyes and painted.

There are many crazy talented artists out there who create these.

Do you have any plastic/hard faced plushes or art dolls? Retro, new or custom creation?
Please share them with me!

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Oh I haven't been able to find mine for quite a while, but my mother and I collect Monchichis whenever we find them in thrift stores. They were her favorite growing up. I can't blame her! :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal