collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair Supporting Memberships to Launch Thursday April 26th  (Read 965 times)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
Hello Pony People!
We need to have a discussion about Pony Fair. As you are probably already aware, this year’s event is June 16th and 17th in Orlando, Florida at the Rosen Plaza Hotel. This will be the 14th Pony Fair event and the 8th that I have personally been in charge of coordinating. Pony Fair started out as a small scale event with a few handfuls of collectors. In 2015, at the peak of our event’s attendance, we topped over 3,000. At that point, our staff came together to discuss what we envisioned for the future of Pony Fair. While Pony Fair appeared to be an outward success, we knew that if we continued to grow, we would be unable to provide a meaningful experience for our core collector audience and instead turn into just another large-scale convention. In 2016, we scaled down Pony Fair to accommodate only 1200 attendees. Admission was capped. We wanted our event to get back to our roots and provide an event for Pony Collectors by Pony Collectors. We felt good about our programming and the experience we provided our attendees. In 2017, Pony Fair was put on hiatus and all focus was placed on partnering with Hasbro to promote their HasCon convention event.

This year, we have returned to once again put on the event that you know and love, but sadly, we have had little fanfare. To be completely transparent, our event budget was calculated with an attendance of 1,000 attendees. We viewed this as a very conservative number given our past events. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near hitting this attendance target nearly two months out. Sadly, this makes our event unsustainable and we could quite possibly be looking at the final year of Pony Fair with our 2018 event. This makes us all very sad, but we are problem solvers and are not willing to give up quite yet.

To offset the difference between our projected and actual budget, we have decided to offer a limited number of Supporting Memberships for those that may not be able to attend this year’s event, but would still like to show their support. In exchange for your support, you will receive one Pony Fair Mascot figure (check out the collage sneak peek over on our FB page!) shipped to you. This figure will ship out the week after the Fair event. There will be two options to choose from (US Supporting Member @$35 and Worldwide Supporting Member @$42.) We are planning to launch this option in our Fair Store on Thursday, April 26th at noon EST. We hope that you will consider purchasing a Supporting Membership if you are unable to join us this year.

-Summer

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+130)
  • MOC Mimic
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
Re: Pony Fair Supporting Memberships to Launch Thursday April 26th
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »
Any opportunity to do a lower price point for other merchandise? I don't really want a pony...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Sunny Daze'ing 24/7
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:50:27 AM »
I've already bought my tickets, but I'd like to help boost your numbers. Would you like for us to spread the word of the fair via other social media outlets, or is that against your best interests? I understand why you would want to keep the event to the collecting community!

G1 Checklist | Sales
Sig by Sapphire Rain

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:34:20 AM »
Oh no!! I definitely don't want it to end!

Since the Dinner Event tickets were sold out I was planning on just buying a general admission ticket at the door, but should I register now instead? There are probably a lot of folks planning on buying tickets at the door so that might be throwing off the numbers. The turnout could very well be way better than it looks on paper right now - that's what I'm hoping is the case anyway!
~Stellaluna, Tippy, Tracey, Gezibing, whatever you wanna call me!

Selling G1, G2, G3 G4 & More!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »
I would encourage anyone that knows they're going to the Fair, to go ahead and purchase their tickets.   This really helps the Fair staff plan for what kind of crowds would be coming. I know there are those that can't commit yet, but if you can, you'd be doing our Fair staff a solid ;)

I have several theories as to why attendance would be down, but I think getting a sneak peak at the exclusive is a GREAT idea!   There's always more excitement when the pony is revealed.  I for one can't wait!

I also want to point out that vendor tables are sold out. YAY! Hopefully that's a good sign. There will be lots and LOTS of pony goodies this year.  There is no better place to fill in those collection holes than the Fair.   You get to see what you're buying first hand (no questionable photos with tricky lighting) and no shipping to pay.   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:47:49 PM by ashlyne »

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »
bought my ticket and my whole family is coming this time... ;)
definitely spreading the word....maybe I will get a membership just to get another pony  :satisfied:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 04:19:00 PM »
bought my ticket and my whole family is coming this time... ;)
definitely spreading the word....maybe I will get a membership just to get another pony  :satisfied:

I was thinking the same thing!   I always try to get a couple of the "special" ponies anyway :)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
I was really excited about it being on my side of the country this year, but financially, I still couldn't swing a trip right now. I really don't want the Fair to end, though! I love seeing everyone's loot and cosplays, and I always dreamt of getting to go one year. I'll definitely be doing the supporting membership once it opens!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 02:13:17 AM »
Do you have a link to the store? I went to the Fair website and didn't find it. i'd love to get one of the ponies as I can't attend this year!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Sunny Daze'ing 24/7
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
Do you have a link to the store? I went to the Fair website and didn't find it. i'd love to get one of the ponies as I can't attend this year!
https://store1004005.ecwid.com/ Here's the link!

G1 Checklist | Sales
Sig by Sapphire Rain

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+352)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »

The Fair Store is here: https://store1004005.ecwid.com/

The Supporting Member packages are not currently visible, but will be once they go live at noon EST today. ;)

Also (because this seems to be a popular question) the 2018 are for pre-order to pick up at the Fair only... they will not be available to be shipped through the Fair Store. We are partnering with the amazing pin makers Studio BMFC this year. Any pins left after the event will be available online afterwards, but we have not yet sorted out if they will be selling extra pins or if we will.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:34:17 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 04:23:47 PM »

The Fair Store is here: https://store1004005.ecwid.com/

The Supporting Member packages are not currently visible, but will be once they go live at noon EST today. ;)

Also (because this seems to be a popular question) the 2018 are for pre-order to pick up at the Fair only... they will not be available to be shipped through the Fair Store. We are partnering with the amazing pin makers Studio BMFC this year. Any pins left after the event will be available online afterwards, but we have not yet sorted out if they will be selling extra pins or if we will.

It's available!!!!!!   :frolic:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 04:41:49 PM »
Already put my order in!  :D

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • Toy Collector on Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »
Hello Pony People!
We need to have a discussion about Pony Fair. As you are probably already aware, this year’s event is June 16th and 17th in Orlando, Florida at the Rosen Plaza Hotel. This will be the 14th Pony Fair event and the 8th that I have personally been in charge of coordinating. Pony Fair started out as a small scale event with a few handfuls of collectors. In 2015, at the peak of our event’s attendance, we topped over 3,000. At that point, our staff came together to discuss what we envisioned for the future of Pony Fair. While Pony Fair appeared to be an outward success, we knew that if we continued to grow, we would be unable to provide a meaningful experience for our core collector audience and instead turn into just another large-scale convention. In 2016, we scaled down Pony Fair to accommodate only 1200 attendees. Admission was capped. We wanted our event to get back to our roots and provide an event for Pony Collectors by Pony Collectors. We felt good about our programming and the experience we provided our attendees. In 2017, Pony Fair was put on hiatus and all focus was placed on partnering with Hasbro to promote their HasCon convention event.

This year, we have returned to once again put on the event that you know and love, but sadly, we have had little fanfare. To be completely transparent, our event budget was calculated with an attendance of 1,000 attendees. We viewed this as a very conservative number given our past events. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near hitting this attendance target nearly two months out. Sadly, this makes our event unsustainable and we could quite possibly be looking at the final year of Pony Fair with our 2018 event. This makes us all very sad, but we are problem solvers and are not willing to give up quite yet.

To offset the difference between our projected and actual budget, we have decided to offer a limited number of Supporting Memberships for those that may not be able to attend this year’s event, but would still like to show their support. In exchange for your support, you will receive one Pony Fair Mascot figure (check out the collage sneak peek over on our FB page!) shipped to you. This figure will ship out the week after the Fair event. There will be two options to choose from (US Supporting Member @$35 and Worldwide Supporting Member @$42.) We are planning to launch this option in our Fair Store on Thursday, April 26th at noon EST. We hope that you will consider purchasing a Supporting Membership if you are unable to join us this year.

-Summer

Will we be able to buy the pony @ the fair if we're going? I just want to be sure I would be able to buy her if I don't preorder :) I did not do the ticket package that came with the pony since its been g4 recently lol :)

Looking for Takara Ponies & Clothing

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »
shelvesofwhimsy, did you buy any ticket package? Because the $80 General Admission still comes with the pony figure :)   So do the kid's admission ticket.  The only one that does is the Senior Ticket.