collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Haul!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Target Haul!
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »
I just went to Target with my mom and my friend and I found all six of the 35th anniversary ponies. Unfortunately,  I couldn't get all six, but I did get three. I got the three that I thought looked the best. I will be going with them from the one I am most happy with to the one I am the most disappointed with.

To start us off, let's go with Snuzzle!

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

yes that's me in the background, hello!
So to start us off, let's go with the one I wasn't planning on getting. I didn't really intend on getting Snuzzle as I originally wanted to get Butterscotch in her place, but as it turns out I didn't like Butterscotch's coloring so I went with my second choice...only to find out that  I wasn't a fan of Cotton Candy's coloring. I heard a lot of people liked Snuzzle so I thought "Eh, why not?" and decided to get her. I'm very very very happy with her! Her hair came out nice and poofy and its such a lovely pink color. I'm not sure if it's the fading pink color though so I'm going to be weary of that...Her tail also worked out the best out of everyone else, so yay! Also that is the glare from my camera screen affecting her color, no she is not blue!

Spoiler
Next off we have Blue Belle. Not much to say about her. She's very nice and I'm happy with her. The reason she's not the one I'm most happy with is because I'm not too keen on her color pallet, but that's just me.

Spoiler
So sadly Blossom is the one I'm most disappointed with, which is pretty bad since she is the one I knew I wanted the most out of everyone. First off, her hair was very dry and the forelock feels like it had gel put in it. Upon closer inspection of her tail, I found out her tail had been snipped at which is weird because I bought her new from the store.  :huh: What worries me most is how easily her head almost popped off when I took her out of the package...scary. I also wish her coloring was closer to the original, but she is still pretty. Funny she looks more like Cotton Candy in that pic due to the lighting.  :P

So my thoughts on these ponies:
These ponies overall seem to be of high quality, however I wouldn't price them at $9.99. I would think $5 or even $7.99 would be a more appropriate price for these, given how easy their heads almost pop off and how often they have weird chunks of tangledness at the end. Their paint for the most part is good, except their eyepaint looks like it was put on a bit too far to the left. However, the originals could've had it like that as I don't own the originals.
Their plastic is different, a much more smoother and possibly thicker plastic. It also seems maybe a bit harder than normal. The hair seems to be slightly dry on all of my ponies and it doesn't want to stick together on Blue Belle's tail, but it's better than the hair that's been on the newer G4.5 ponies. It's not the hair from the 80's though.
I like their packaging and it's cool that you get a poster, comb, and ribbon. I wish that the ribbon was untied like the ones in the 80's were, but at least these one's won't get lost easily. I don't think it's the same material as the one's from the 80's though...

These are overall very nice figures and I'd suggest buying them if you can. Just don't buy them for over $9.99 as I feel they are not worth it. Super happy to own these guys though, especially the Snuzzle, and I hope they make more of these soon. Maybe they could have a "favorites" line and release rarer ponies like Mimic or Night Glider. That'd be super cool and help collectors get ponies they want, even if they aren't the original ones.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Target Haul!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:13:55 PM »
I bet the extra $5 is tacked on because of the nostalgia value. They all look very pretty^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:32:38 PM »
I bet the extra $5 is tacked on because of the nostalgia value. They all look very pretty^^

I agree. It might also be because it also comes with a poster or because it's a "collector's item"? Either way they are still very pretty and I love them even if they aren't perfect

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:52:36 PM »
Those would be valid reasons too I'd think.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 01:17:07 AM »
Glad you were able to add at least 3 to the herd.  Hope you can get the rest soon :)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 06:59:21 AM »
Congrats! Snuzzle is very cute ^.^ And I agree, they are overpriced. Nice finds though!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 07:22:51 AM »
Excellent choices! Congrats!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
I am super envious. We are yet to get any of these ponies released in my country!  Congrats on your buys :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 06:28:11 PM »
Congrats :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal